• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you cut down trees or dig them up?

What do you do with unwanted trees?

• Cut them down!

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Dig them up and replant them!

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • A mix of both!

Votes: 38 64.4%

• Total voters

ceribells

Shady Something or Other
Bells
Vesta
Mailbox
Yellow Candy
So, exactly what the title asks: do you typically dig up unwanted trees and replant them, or cut them down and plant new ones? I'm particularly thinking about when terraforming or redesigning an area. There's no real consequence to doing either thing, except for bamboo. So I was curious how other people managed it! Do you have a strong opinion or argument to make either way?

I personally do a mix of both. I used to almost always dig them up, but got tired of having pockets full of trees, flowers, decorations, etc. when working on a large area. So now I mostly cut them down. I do still dig them up and replant if I'm just redesigning a smaller area.

Hi! I have a set of trees (all fruit) that I leave alone on my orchard. Everything else is fair game for chopping down for wood!

if i'm doing loads of redecorating, like clearing my whole island, i'll cut down all trees and plant new saplings
however if i'm just changing one spot, i'll dig up the trees and replant them somewhere else

it's better to cut them down imo because u can get wood from it and u don't have to go around looking for fruits to eat

I almost always dig them up! I usually have trees on my pocket almost daily while I’m working on a big project. You never know when or where you’ll need to replant!

Depends on how many I have to move, and how much patience I have to move them. When I redid my orchard for the final time I moved all of them. The first time I redid it, I cut down like half the trees then replanted the fruit where I wanted! Just depends on how I'm feeling.

I need to break a lot of axes so I've been cutting them down and replanting them. I move them when they need to be in a spot where they can't grow to full size. I mostly move the fruit trees since I gift fruit to my villagers when I run out of giant clams.

I always dig them up unless I'm intentionally chopping down for stumps. I prefer to have a fully grown tree right away to test if a design looks good instead of waiting and hoping with a sapling.

I cut down normal trees to plant only like 7 trees for their things, the rest is fruitful and dug up.

If I want to replant them, then I dig them up. If I don't, I chop them down. I don't know why I'd do one or the other when both methods have a clear advantage depending on the situation!

I'd probably be more likely to always dig them up IF we could store plants. But until Nintendo lets us (plants and DIYs... WHY can't we store them) I'll continue chopping some down.

it really depends on the tree and its purpose.

for the money trees, i don't bother shaking them; i just get my axe out and start hammering that sucker down. typically, i have a set number of trees that i've been using for my decorating, so i typically eat some fruit to dig them up to move them where i need them. however, sometimes i just get too many trees to sort through, or i'm looking for some more materials, so i end up just cutting it down and replanting when i need another.

The only reason I'd cut a tree down is to make a stump.
If moving the tree, it makes more sense to dig it up and replant.
If getting rid of the tree, it's actually more wise to dig them up and sell them.

Usually I try to remove them and replant them somewhere else, but if I don't have the time or space, then it's chop chop!

It depends on what I’m doing. I already have a ton of trees so chopping down a few to get some stumps is something I’ve done. I tend to replant trees when I’m terraforming, because I want to keep most of them.
Post automatically merged:

it really depends on the tree and its purpose.

for the money trees, i don't bother shaking them; i just get my axe out and start hammering that sucker down. typically, i have a set number of trees that i've been using for my decorating, so i typically eat some fruit to dig them up to move them where i need them. however, sometimes i just get too many trees to sort through, or i'm looking for some more materials, so i end up just cutting it down and replanting when i need another.

Do you find money trees to be worth it? How much do they make maximum each?

Do you find money trees to be worth it? How much do they make maximum each?
If you plant 10k bells, you're guaranteed 30k when the tree's full grown. So if you do it every day, you get a free 20k bells! (Assuming you plant the remaining 10k in the new shiny spot)
That's about all I ever need for my daily shopping, but it can really help fund bridges, inclines, house expansions, etc. over time.

I’m currently working on a couple of nook mile achievements (diy tools and trashed tools) so I’ve been chopping the tree with the flimsy axe, then cutting it down with the regular axe, and lastly digging up the stump with the flimsy shovel. But if I wasn’t trying to get my achievements, it would usually depend on the situation of the unwanted tree. I’d probably do a little mixture of both on a normal day basis.

Like so many before 😂 I dig up trees for planting elsewhere for when I am using them for a specific design. i have chopped down trees as stumps are needed for bugs. It depends on what is needed I guess 🙂

it really depends!! sometimes if I'm being lazy I'll chop them down and replant them but most of the time I like seeing how an area looks with a fully grown tree in it so I'll dig them up and move them instead of planting a sapling and hoping it turns out how I want it to

Back