Do you accept friend requests from random players you’ve played with in multiplayer?

Dunquixote

Chonky Cat
Bells
Red Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Leif
Shadow Kitty Plush
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Red Super Star Trophy
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
I was wondering if you accept random friend requests. I got some from Persona 5 Royal and I’ve been getting a few from Splatoon 3. I normally don’t and only accept from people I share my code with but I did accept some that requested it from P5R and one from Splatoon 3. Now that I got another one (I don’t remember the player at all), I’m debating if I should or not. I kinda regret adding the ones from P5 but I don’t remember who they were to remove. It hasn’t had any bad consequences though.

I do, but if we only ever talk about the game and nothing else despite my efforts, I’ll remove them later. In fact I am often the one sending these requests if we had good matches or ingame chat.

Assuming it’s on Steam and I can message anyway… can’t remember getting random requests on the Switch.

i almost always accept random friend requests on the switch cuz why not,but ive never gotten any random ones on steam. i used to accept random requests on roblox but i don't anymore

I never, ever accept friend requests on my Switch unless the person sending it has explicitly told me that they would do so. I don't like having a cluttered friend list and I prefer to limit it to people whom I know personally (or whom I know pretty well on here).

By the way, if I don’t recognise their username from playing a game together or something then I still won’t add them for security seasons. Steam scams are always out there and I really love my account.

Only if I can recognize the username and if I had a good time playing with the person. When I was playing Super Mario Bros Wonder, I kept getting a few and it was kind of weird unless they were going to make a private room (which none did). This one person was very persistent for me to add them and I'm pretty sure I rejected them like 5x. I think I ended up blocking them, lol. It was freaky.

Splatoon 3, I get a few but I never really play with them after that despite seeing them online. The last time I had an open room, one popped in and the immediately left; I was super spooked by that, hahaha.

I pretty much exclusively only play switch multiplayer during tbt events that utilize it as well as for animal crossing stuff, again, on tbt

well I mean master duel is always online primarily multiplayer, but its system combined with the fact that its crossplatform as well makes sending requests because of it actually impossible (plus nothing about it even utilizes or benefits from having someone get added as a switch friend anyways, so it wouldn't matter). so I basically just don't count it, for the purposes of this question

Noooo pretty much never.. I don't typically play games where I would get friend requests anyway. I turned them off on Playstation because of people who wanted to be salty at me back when I was playing SMITE all the time.

I think I accepted ONE random friend request on Animal Crossing New Horizons somehow? I don't remember, think it had to do with turnips, but I am pretty sure they were not from TBT. They at least were nice to my mom so they get to stay on my friend list!

i do, mostly in animal crossing and smash. animal crossing makes more sense though since i can actually talk to them, but if i had a good smash match and genuinely like playing with a player i’ll send a friend request. i’ve run into some players i’m friends with in ssbu in arenas and stuff and it always is wholesome :>

I don't accept friend requests unless they come from people I've known and trusted for a while. It's a safety precaution I've been using to minimize any chances of encountering online predators.

If I get a notification after a match, it's usually an insult or a death threat.

but yeah it depends on the platform. on switch i'll add everyone. (it doesn't even have a real message feature, so what harm could it do)? On playstation, no way. Not even random people I've voice chatted with in a lobby are getting added.

As I said, I dread getting an immediate notification after winning a game. It's never anything good.

Last edited:
On the switch, yes I do. I don’t know anyone with a switch beside family so it feels a little less depressing to have people in my friends list, even if I’ve never played with them 😂 Most of my switch friend list is pocket camp friends

i hit the decline button, unless it's someone on the forums - i don't play a lot of multiplayer games on switch nor playstation so i pretty much don't get any friend requests

although, i find it pretty wholesome to see a notification pop up of someone playing a game/in youtube or something at the same time as you !

Typically, I don't. I do have two friends, however, I met through randomly receiving a friend request. Both are people I've played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with.

i accept random friend requests all the time lol especially on games where if my character can help others i don't really mind it! as long as i have room on my friends list i'll accept.

Back