• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do weeds actually lower the chance of villagers moving in?

Seastar

Stay fresh!
Bells
Red Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Sky Grass Scenery
Red Lily
White Lily
White Tulip
Red Tulip
So, there are weeds all over my town. So many that a rafflesia has appeared. I also have 7 villagers and the limit in this game is 8. A wiki said villagers can take up to a week to move in, but I soon found out this wasn't accurate information because it's been longer than that. I searched all over the internet trying to find an explanation. One person said it took a month for a villager to move in, which is ridiculous. The only thing I found that sounded plausible was having too many weeds. Perhaps because that means I have the worst town rating? I couldn't find any information on the town rating affecting move-ins, though. Do I really need to pluck all the weeds, in the game where I can't get a NPC to do it for me? Why is it hard to find this information online?

That's how it was on GameCube; your town wouldn't reach the maximum number of villagers if you had tons of weeds. So I imagine it's probably true for Wild World as well. You shouldn't need to pluck all of the weeds, but you will need to clear a lot of them out.

Back