• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do any old timers still visit TBT?

I’ve only been here for four years, but that’s still a good chunk, especially since I’m so young. (Turning 17 this May.) I did know that Bell Tree has existed since 2004.

By the way, DarthGohan1, if I’m not mistaken, your profile pic was taken from the Nsider forums. I’m really sad I missed out on that because I was very young and didn’t even play video games yet when it shut down. Would be interesting to see if you recall any good memories from there since it was a great forum that’s even older than TBT. (Not here of course, since that would be going off topic.)

Old timer here! I never had a big presence on here, just a trade obsession *-* Took a break after New Leaf started to lose interest for me (hundreds and hundreds of hours later) - glad to be back on here though :)

By the way, DarthGohan1, if I’m not mistaken, your profile pic was taken from the Nsider forums. I’m really sad I missed out on that because I was very young and didn’t even play video games yet when it shut down. Would be interesting to see if you recall any good memories from there since it was a great forum that’s even older than TBT. (Not here of course, since that would be going off topic.)

You are correct BFOACCF! Nsider was the coolest online forum (besides TBT, of course). Nsider is where Jeremy met the other cofounders of TBT, and that's how almost all of the early TBT members discovered TBT. There's a thread specifically about Nsider... I was thinking of posting some memories in there. :)

Thank you for answering my question. I received some Nintendo Power magazines in the mail yesterday. From what I’ve heard, Nsider was closely related to Nintendo Power. I’m assuming it closed because of the change of management when Nintendo Power got outsourced to Future US in 2007 instead of being published by Nintendo of America themselves; They didn’t care to run such a thing anymore. As we all know, NoA wouldn’t even let that iteration of Nintendo Power go on very long when it released its last issue five years later.

Amazing to see that Bell Tree had its roots in Nsider. Not too surprising considering Nsider had an Animal Crossing board. While TBT 2.0 was still around they had hundreds of Nsider profile pictures to choose from for you to use as your avatar. Unfortunately these were likely removed with the introduction of 3.0, unless they’re still here and I haven’t found them yet, and are now lost to time. I did save one of Ike though, and that is what I’m using as my profile pic right now.

Always interesting to hear what things were like in the 2000s when the internet was in its “inbetween” phase of being something mainstream. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for answering my question. I received some Nintendo Power magazines in the mail yesterday. From what I’ve heard, Nsider was closely related to Nintendo Power. I’m assuming it closed because of the change of management when Nintendo Power got outsourced to Future US in 2007 instead of being published by Nintendo of America themselves; They didn’t care to run such a thing anymore. As we all know, NoA wouldn’t even let that iteration of Nintendo Power go on very long when it released its last issue five years later.

Amazing to see that Bell Tree had its roots in Nsider. Not too surprising considering Nsider had an Animal Crossing board. While TBT 2.0 was still around they had hundreds of Nsider profile pictures to choose from for you to use as your avatar. Unfortunately these were likely removed with the introduction of 3.0, unless they’re still here and I haven’t found them yet, and are now lost to time. I did save one of Ike though, and that is what I’m using as my profile pic right now.

Always interesting to hear what things were like in the 2000s when the internet was in its “inbetween” phase of being something mainstream. Thanks for sharing.

I knew I recognized your avatar from somewhere! It was a sudden closure of Nsider, and I'm not sure anyone ever found out the official reason. There were ties with Nintendo Power, although Nsider sort of grew into its own community over its lifetime. The timing does coincide with the sale of the publishing rights of Nintendo Power.

It is crazy to think back to around 2004-06... I don't think most of us on TBT had cell phones (let alone smart phones) at that time, social media was totally different... Nsider and TBT were just a great place to nerd out with nice people.

Sounds like you're collecting vintage Nintendo Power magazines? That's pretty cool! How's your collection so far?

Going to start a conversation(what PMs are called now on 3.0) with you instead since obviously the topic is very different now, but I’ll let you know there! Thanks for telling us about the old days of TBT! : )

Going to start a conversation(what PMs are called now on 3.0) with you instead since obviously the topic is very different now, but I’ll let you know there! Thanks for telling us about the old days of TBT! : )
Believe it or not... we called them PM's back in the day, too!

I signed here in 2014, if that's what you mean :) And I'm still playing. I'm somehow proud to feel myself an oldie, ha ha ha!

Dunno if I'm old enough to be an old-timer, but I've been here a few years :)
Awesome to see some old familiar names back on site!

I know 2013 is rookie numbers but hello decided to become active again after 7 years; probably will stay longer this time since ACNH is more engaging to me lmao

I've been here since before New Leaf, though it was the anticipation for New Leaf that drew me here. Not much of an old timer, but my account is getting close to the 10 year mark. Before joining this site, I used the forums known as Gametalk (Shout out if they still exist) for Wild World and other NDS games.

I joined AXA in 08 or 09 and then when it shut down I ended up joining TBT. I remember you, DarthGohan, long time no see to you and many others in this thread.

Wow, I thought I was an old timer being here since 2013! Since 2005, that's crazy/awesome!

Back