• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Did anyone on here by chance ever post on NSider?

Juice_Campbell

Bells
Sorry if this has been posted on here, I'm brand new.

I'm just wondering if there are any NSider survivors on here. A bunch of fans eventually created NSider2 where I was extremely active many, many years ago. I'm always interested in meeting fellow NSider holdouts.

In case anyone doesn't know, NSider was the old Nintendo official forum, it was run by NOA_ANDY and NOA_SHAUN. Many great inside jokes came out of it, it was a fun community and an insanely popular forum. It was shut down over a decade ago. I joined in 5th grade and I'm a college graduate as of 2016. My old screen name there was MELEEROX, which is what I went by on Nsider2 having nearly reached Plumber rank with over 30,000 posts.

Sorry if this is inappropriate. I just get big vibes from this forum that are making me remember those days.

Last edited:
Yes, in fact the first group of us who started The Bell Tree back in 2004 were all from NSider! If you hung around either of the Animal Crossing boards, you may have seen The Animal Crossing Ask Center thread, which was a large thread we ran before making this forum. My username was STORMTROOPER88888 and then changed to STORMCOMMANDER before it closed. If you check out our earliest members (click), you may recognize some names unless they've since been changed. Notice how they're in all uppercase letters like the NSider names. Two of our former admins were Sages on NSider, so you may recognize them from that: BULERIAS and BASTOISE99. Of our current staff, I believe Justin was the only other member, who went by JUSTIN125.

As for NSider2, I was personally an administrator there for a short period of time after it opened to try and help things get things going. During the first couple weeks of NSider closing there were actually a few different forums trying to replace it, but it was a fractured mess until the remaining refuges finally settled on NSider2. I think the name and the fact that they copied the exact look of NSider helped, but the management there was a bit troubled (at least in the early days). It was kind of like when a country's government collapses and you have some random warlords trying to pick up the pieces.

It's sad what happened to NSider and I'm not sure if there has ever been another big online community close overnight like that with literally no warning. There was no way for thousands of people to contact their friends, but luckily a lot of us Animal Crossing fans were also on The Bell Tree and could stay in touch.

If you're interested in some NSider nostalgia, check out our pre-defined avatars here. Click the drop-down and select "NSider Tribue." While the vast majority of users here aren't from NSider these days, we'll always carry a little bit of its legacy since its a part of the forum's roots.

Yes, in fact the first group of us who started The Bell Tree back in 2004 were all from NSider! If you hung around either of the Animal Crossing boards, you may have seen The Animal Crossing Ask Center thread, which was a large thread we ran before making this forum. My username was STORMTROOPER88888 and then changed to STORMCOMMANDER before it closed. If you check out our earliest members (click), you may recognize some names unless they've since been changed. Notice how they're in all uppercase letters like the NSider names. Two of our former admins were Sages on NSider, so you may recognize them from that: BULERIAS and BASTOISE99. Of our current staff, I believe Justin was the only other member, who went by JUSTIN125.

As for NSider2, I was personally an administrator there for a short period of time after it opened to try and help things get things going. During the first couple weeks of NSider closing there were actually a few different forums trying to replace it, but it was a fractured mess until the remaining refuges finally settled on NSider2. I think the name and the fact that they copied the exact look of NSider helped, but the management there was a bit troubled (at least in the early days). It was kind of like when a country's government collapses and you have some random warlords trying to pick up the pieces.

It's sad what happened to NSider and I'm not sure if there has ever been another big online community close overnight like that with literally no warning. There was no way for thousands of people to contact their friends, but luckily a lot of us Animal Crossing fans were also on The Bell Tree and could stay in touch.

If you're interested in some NSider nostalgia, check out our pre-defined avatars here. Click the drop-down and select "NSider Tribue." While the vast majority of users here aren't from NSider these days, we'll always carry a little bit of its legacy since its a part of the forum's roots.

God, I wished I was older so i could've been here during the early internet years. <3

Wow! That's awesome to hear. I had no idea. Crazy that a little piece of NSider is living on. I'll check out your links.

I vaguely remember those screen names. I used to occasionally post on the Animal Crossing board on NSider. I think it was called "Crossing Guardian" or something like that. NSider2 was unfortunately a mess, but I enjoyed it during the time I was there. Sucks that it came to that, but hey, I'm happy to be here either way.

I remember Nsider from back then around 2004, 2005 or 06. I remember they had a big article on Retro Studios that gave us a big insight on their beginnings (good and bad) and other canceled projects. It was many pages but a good read for sure. I guess I use to frequent that site to read dev interviews and rumors.

Sorry for bumping this, but it's too good to pass up.

Nsider was amazing. It was such a big community of huge fans for all the major Nintendo series. I remember the Gamecube and DS boards were always really active, as well as the boards for all the major franchises. The Animal Crossing board was neat since a lot of people in that community got to know each other, since it was a smaller, slower board compared to some of the main ones. Like Jeremy mentioned, the AC board at Nsider is how a lot of us found TBT. The mods of Nsider used to host live chat trivia, a bunch of people would always join, and they'd send out some neat random prize from the NOA office to the winner. Good times.

Anyone else here used to visit Nsider?

Oh gosh, yeah I was a member of the old Nsider forums. My username was UltimateLuigi and I frequently posted the webcomic "Misadventures of the Shy Guy Bros". I actually met my best friend on those forums. Talk about a trip back in time.

Loved NSider! I spent all my online time there when I was younger and frequented the Animal Crossing: Wild World board and chat. Made a lot of great friends (a lot of us still chat).

When I came home one day to see the sudden closure it was a huge punch to the gut.

I was probably around 13-14 so naturally named myself NINTENDOMASTER105 haha.

T
Oh gosh, yeah I was a member of the old Nsider forums. My username was UltimateLuigi and I frequently posted the webcomic "Misadventures of the Shy Guy Bros". I actually met my best friend on those forums. Talk about a trip back in time.
hat's cool. I remember there were a bunch of comics in Power On, right?
Post automatically merged:

Loved NSider! I spent all my online time there when I was younger and frequented the Animal Crossing: Wild World board and chat. Made a lot of great friends (a lot of us still chat).

When I came home one day to see the sudden closure it was a huge punch to the gut.

I was probably around 13-14 so naturally named myself NINTENDOMASTER105 haha.

Username checks out :ROFLMAO:

The day they closed Nsider was really sad :(

did some digging, and found something really neat archived from the old Nsider... the "Animal Crossing Ask Center". This was the thread Jeremy (aka "STORMTROOPER88888") started in the Animal Crossing board, "The Crossing Guardian". Some of the other original admins and mods of TBT are in that thread as well.
pI5ekag.png
I

I used to post there. Sometimes I miss it, but then I remember how wildly restrictive it was. Do y'all remember that we weren't allowed to share friend codes, even through PMs, on NSider? I also don't miss the rampant rankism. That was weird.

I think I joined NSider2, but didn't really stick around.

I used to post there. Sometimes I miss it, but then I remember how wildly restrictive it was. Do y'all remember that we weren't allowed to share friend codes, even through PMs, on NSider? I also don't miss the rampant rankism. That was weird.

I think I joined NSider2, but didn't really stick around.
There were some pretty restrictive rules. I liked all the ranks, but the rankism (is that a word?) was dumb

Back