• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Disk Drive Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. L

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
Bells
So, I was downloading WoW today and while getting the new patches, there was a message that told me I don't have enough disk drive space to download it when it's only 4GB, and I have about 60GB on there.

So I was wondering if anybody can tell me how to fix this, or how to free up some more disk drive space. I've already uninstalled all of the programs I don't need and cleared my browsing data and such on my browsers.

Because if I don't get enough space, I guess I'll have to completely reboot my laptop, which takes hours upon hours, not to mention losing my pictures.

Hmmmm, don't really know what to say. Just make sure you are saving it on the right hard drive, and not an SD card or something.

You can try doing a disk cleanup, and it's doubtful that it'll help but a defrag wouldn't go amiss.

I've never really heard of this problem before though, very strange. O-o

Jas0n said:
You can try doing a disk cleanup, and it's doubtful that it'll help but a defrag wouldn't go amiss.

I've never really heard of this problem before though, very strange. O-o
Yeah, I'll try, thanks for the help.

well if you defrag and disk clean, it is a good thing, you may want to try uninstalling things you don't play anymore or don't need... ummm otherwise if you have another hard drive like a portable one to transfer some data to to just keep in storage or something... iono otherwise.

I guess I'll have to reboot it :L.

Well you wouldn't have to lose your pictures if you reboot. Just put them on an sd card.

Yeah, I guess I'll do that right now.

Well, I restarted my computer and I surprisingly got 120GB of space, more than double of what I had before, hopefully I "have enough disk drive space" this time >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back