Disappointments in NL?

Yes! I wish we could have more than 1 save file.. It's like Nintendo wanted us to spend more money on multiple copies.. :(

They do that with other games too. The biggest example I can think of is Pokemon.

You're right - they are trying to sell multiple copies. And they know it works.

I'm not a fan of villagers trying to leave town all the time. Holidays, birthdays and events should be off limit. I've had 3 rumored mover and they were celebrating their birthdays.
Wished they fixed this. Nice that they added 10 days for a mover so you can try to stop them if you miss it.

After the update I've been getting more movers I just had 5 movers in 7 days and wasn't happy. That's too many villagers. If they had stop a mover and give us a break from movers for 5 days I would be happy.

Right now, the swimming mechanic feels pretty unrewarding considering on how time-consuming it is. Let's boil down on why it sucks:

• Underwater creatures disappear after 15 seconds they spawned, yet the playable character spends ages to turn around, swim and dive. More often than not, they would disappear as soon as my character dive!
  • Some diving creatures can get away from you by either crossing the border or dissappearing once they hit the wall/sand, thus preventing you from catching it
  • Jellyfishes EVERYWHERE!! It doesn't even matter where you're swimming, the game will spawn these nuisances all too often just to harass you and potentially make you miss out of a diving creature.
  • The bells you earn from these creatures are much lower in comparison to bugs and even fishes.

With all of these design issues in place, it's no wonder why I rarely see players swimming in the ocean and would rather stick to catching bugs and fishes.

Back