• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Digimon Adventure Tri

spCrossing

80s anime is cool
Bells
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Yellow Candy
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Welp, the first of 6 movies of Digimon Tri came out last weekend.

Digimon15key.jpg
And I gotta say, it was great, I wasn't disappointed at all compared to Toei's other reboots.

This is going to be a spoiler-free review of my opinions towards tri so far.
I'm a huge fan of Digimon Adventure, and to see the cast again as high schoolers really shows how far the kids have come since the first season.
The remixes of the background music, Butter-Fly, brave heart, and I wish are just fantastic.
And there are a lot of moments that brought joy to my childhood.

There a few issues as well, the animation could've been better (it wasn't Toei's worse job, but it could've been better since it's an ova after all), some of the character's personalities are off compared to their originals in the first and second seasons, and some plot details are rushed here in there.

But other than that, I had a good time watching the first part of Tri and I'm looking forward to what's in store next in Spring.

What do you guys think about Digimon Adventure Tri so far? Leave your opinions down in the comments below!

Last edited:
I haven't seen it yet. I really should try to find a place to watch it because it's definitely on my to do list.

yea ok i really loved it and they definitely put the nostalgia in there but it took me a bit to get used to the voice actors because i watched the dub when i was a kid
but i really liked how they took out the digimon saying they're attacks out loud because it made it so much more intense. and all the characters have like evolved (even Matt and Tai even though they still can't stop arguing because they're angsty teenagers) so much and ughhh so many feels

but can we question what happened to Davis, Yolei and Cody? because they looked like they died in the beginning and they werent mentioned again?? and why aren't Kari and TK dead and i have so many more questions about that

Back