• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which anime character do you genuinely feel bad for?

QueenCobra

Gutted, rotted, Gila monster, BEAST!
Bells
I was thinking about characters in the various animes I’ve watched over the years and how some continually have bad luck. I always felt bad for Mousse in Ranma 1/2, Rei in Urusei Yatsura, and Kyoko in Maison Ikkoku. (and most of the girls in Oniisama e…) I also hated how my friends called Yamcha in Dragonball a “loser”, but I was still disappointed when Bulma ended up with Vegeta. (I got used to it, somehow.)
I also feel bad for Koichi Hirose and every dog that died in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.
So these are just off the top of my head, but if you have any others I’d like to know.

This is manga and not anime (yet) but Johnny and Yasuho from JJBA. Yasuho especially he did completely dirty, there are so many arcs in part 8 that are essentially just picking on her. As for Johnny how could I not sympathise with his priginal backstory and motivation, the end of part 7 was okay but I still felt a lil bad for him after that last arc, and part 8 did him really dirty too.

also Misty if Ash never got her a new bike lol give it back ):<

edit: also, chainsawman has a few. Himeno, Aki, Asa, and Kishibe mostly.

The first character that came to mind for me was Naofumi from Rising of the Shield Hero. He's turned things around quite a bit, but in the beginning his mistreatment was so bad that it honestly pained me just to watch.

I also feel a great deal of sympathy for a number of characters in Elfen Lied: Lucy/Nyu, Nana, Mayu, and Lucy's puppy. 😭

Last edited:
The first character that came to mind for me was Naofumi from Rising of the Shield Hero. He's turned things around quite a bit, but in the beginning his mistreatment was so bad that it honestly pained me just to watch.

I also feel a great deal of sympathy for a number of characters in Elfen Lied: Lucy/Nyu, Nana, Maya, and Lucy's puppy. 😭
Oh man…Lucy’s puppy! It reminds me of something that happened in another anime I saw. I hate it whenever an animal dies, even if it’s fictional.

Number one I can think of is Saki, from the manga/anime *From the New world* im talking about the manga,

like the poor girl, she dates, and loves this one girl, Maria. But Maria then leaves her out of the blue, and runs off with this annoying dude whos obsessed with Maria. Devistating her.

Another chatacter Shun, basically just teases her (and Satoru in a sense) because he leads both of them on, before up and vanishing on both of them. Like poor girl, and Satoru.

She does find love eventually, but its really up to interpretation if shes even happy. Like it feels melechony. Cause shes been led on so much, and even though she finds love. Its really clear that she misses both Maria, and Shun. I was happy for her, but I felt so bad for her when she could not catch a break. Also lost all her friends but Satoru.

Like poor girl. Poor Satoru for being led on by Shun too. Seriously, Shun was a bit of a jerk. I am happy for them in the end. But are they both actually happy? Its up to interpertation. I hope they are.
--
Safu from No.6 manga, poor girl didnt deserve what happens to her. Im Rat, and Shion all the way. But poor girl
--
Ill probably think of more later,

I haven’t seen too much anime but I recently decided to watch the first season of Jujutsu Kaisen since it’s EVERYWHERE and omg that one kid, Junpei I think?? His story is so cruel and ends in such an unbelievably unsatisfying way??? It made me legitimately hate main-villain-guy so it was effective narrative I guess.

Also Madoka Magica is one of my favourites even though all the girls make me so sad. 😔 especially Sayaka, because I could see myself doing the exact same thing. Giving up everything for someone and then being faced with the reality that they just didn’t care about you that much.

Oh and honorable mention to that episode of Mob Psycho where Reigen signs into his facebook for the first time in awhile, realizes he forgot his own birthday and no one sent him any messages except his mom. Hits home. Lol

1695689024085.png

Full Metal Alchemist.. if you know you know​

Back