• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Did you learn anything because of AC?

Waynopolis

Bug Hunter
Bells
Animal Crossing definitely is a casual and relaxing game, but it can also be categorized as an educational game because of the descriptions given in the museum. However, there is also visual and auditory cues that can spark some insight. Being this, I would like to know of the things that you found out because of this game. It can be anything!

For me, one of the things that I learnt was what that loud, annoying sound is around the evening: those dang cicadas!

Animal Crossing definitely is a casual and relaxing game, but it can also be categorized as an educational game because of the descriptions given in the museum. However, there is also visual and auditory cues that can spark some insight. Being this, I would like to know of the things that you found out because of this game. It can be anything!

For me, one of the things that I learnt was what that loud, annoying sound is around the evening: those dang cicadas!
I found out about many new species of bugs.
XD

Last edited:
oh my god, a lot. Every time my mom cooks fish I ask her what it is and I recognize a lot because of ACNL. When I see bugs, same thing. I discovered lots of new species.
But more than anything ACNL has been a huge help when dealing with anxiety or stress - I'm not sure this qualifies here, but it's helped me be more calm.

How about...
the language

ENGLISH

I started playing Wild World when I was about 9 and it was my base of English, since I didn't learn it at school yet. City Folk and New Leaf helped a lot as well, although New Leaf was mainly an expansion of my vocabulary. I also know a lot of bugs, fish and dinosaurs now. :p

Loads of new fish and bugs and also I learnt how to spell some words when I was younger

Animal Crossing teaches people a lot of the things school doesn't, such as interest and the stock market (the turnips). It also helps rationalize selling things (flea market) and is just a great game overall. A lot of the art has been burned into my brain, especially telling the real from the fake.

Besides now being an insect and fish species expert, I learned a lot about saving and the "stalk" market. :D

If you live near someone you don't like, hit them a couple of times with a net and dig holes in their yard. That's what AC taught me...

To be serious for a moment, AC helped me improve my time management skills.

Last edited:
I learned some about the bug species in AC. Due to hating fishing I never got to know deeply about fishes though. I also learned a little bit about the AM/PM system. I've known of it for a long time but due to not using it there were a few things I wasn't sure about, namely 12 AM/PM.

I learned some of the names of real life fish and bugs. Before Animal crossing, I knew little to nothing about bugs or fish and after i've been playing it for a couple of years whenever I see bugs or fish in real life I can recognize them because of what i've seen in animal crossing. Not sure all of the bugs in animal crossing are real life bugs but I know some are for sure.

Definitely the fish and bugs as well as plants! I also learned about mortages and loans. In Wild World, a lot of villagers commented about different drinks, food and music so I learned about those too!

I learned that house placement is very important for mental and emotional well-being.

In all seriousness, though, Animal Crossing is a series that helps people in various ways. For me, aside from the bugs and fish names and all that, I've learned about creative design, how to take something really bare bones (a town with no PWPs/paths/organized landscaping/etc) and make it beautiful. c:

I think my favourite part includes something I learned....as others have said, collecting the fish and bugs has been a learning curve. But also the artwork. Since it's all based off actual art and I've never been that into that sort of thing in real life. It was great looking on the thinly guide when I was still collecting pieces and reading a bit about each art work. Having to closely inspect each one for signs of it being a fake also helped me to take it in better

Like everyone else, I learned the names of a lot of weird fish and bugs. I think the game has also helped me with patience. AC is designed to be taken slowly, and it's most rewarding (for me) to watch my town grow one day at a time. Whenever I've tried to hurry through stages of the game, I've ended up regretting it. So it's helped me to learn to slow down and accept some wait time in my life, which has been good for me.

I got the game Animal Crossing: Wild World when I was around 8 years old and it taught me about money and business due to Tom Nook. I learned about mortgages more from Animal Crossing.

Because of Animal Crossing, I actually learned a lot more about different species of fish, deep-sea creatures, and insects. I also learned about different types of flowers and bushes, and I now recognize the paintings that are in Animal Crossing.

Back