• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Devil May Cry Thread ♡

Bells
Switch
8176-7113-6911
Island
Ino
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Eevee Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Golden Scenery
Dreamy Easter Egg
Golden Scenery
Dreamy Easter Egg
I realized there wasn't a DMC thread! I decided to make one to discuss the series!

One of my closest friends very much enjoys the series, and his interest in the game made me want to start playing, too! I have Devil May Cry 1-3 on the Switch, and I just purchased Devil May Cry 5 on my new PC!

My favorite character is.. um.. yeah, Vergil. I purchased the DLC for 5 so I could play as him. He's so handsome and his voice is nice ;w; I love playing as him! His weapons are cool, and he's just... so cool.. A second favorite of mine is probably Dante? I haven't played much of DMC1, nor DMC5 as I just started.

Everyone has told me DMC2 got retconned..? And that DMC2 sucks? :"D So I might not play that one. But I really want to play all of them!!

Feel free to share your thoughts on the game! :> I'd love to know everyone's opinions on it c:

I've been meaning to get into the series for a long time. I usually enjoy hack and slash games and from the footage I've seen the games look fun! I love the memes too. "Featuring Dante from The Devil Cry series" and "I am the storm that is approaching" are some of my all time favorites.

I've been meaning to get into the series for a long time. I usually enjoy hack and slash games and from the footage I've seen the games look fun! I love the memes too. "Featuring Dante from The Devil Cry series" and "I am the storm that is approaching" are some of my all time favorites.
Vergil's theme is so good.. 'I am the storm that is approaching' is from his DMC5 Battle Theme, Bury the Light. Best 9 minutes I've ever 'wasted' listening to a song.. sooo good.

that... is tragic. i really hope whoever they get does a good job replicating his voice :<
SAME! I hope Vergil is in the anime asap 'cuz he's my husband. I love Vergil. They better not have changed his VA either or I'm going to be so mad.

SAME! I hope Vergil is in the anime asap 'cuz he's my husband. I love Vergil. They better not have changed his VA either or I'm going to be so mad.
vergil's original VA is pretty necessary, thats a pretty iconic voice. hope they do him right ;_;

I knew of Devil May Cry's existence for years but never bothered with it. After getting into the Shin Megami Tensei series back in 2017 and eventually getting to Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series) I've grown more interested in trying out the DMC series. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but maybe next year. Might get the earlier games for Christmas or some such.

I knew of Devil May Cry's existence for years but never bothered with it. After getting into the Shin Megami Tensei series back in 2017 and eventually getting to Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series) I've grown more interested in trying out the DMC series. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but maybe next year. Might get the earlier games for Christmas or some such.
It's one of my favorite series. ;w;
Despite only playing bits and pieces of each.. >_> I'm not a fake fan, I swear
My boyfriend and I LOVE DMC so much ;w;

I heard! Really sad that they messed up the voice actors for some reason. Like, Dante in the games won't be the same Dante in the animation.. T^T
I'm just patiently waiting for 6 to come out whenever that will be, would love to see future games resolve plotholes that were left unresolved from the original anime or even an open world dmc game where you can be your own devil hunter lol that would be an instant hit.

Vergil's theme is so good.. 'I am the storm that is approaching' is from his DMC5 Battle Theme, Bury the Light. Best 9 minutes I've ever 'wasted' listening to a song.. sooo good.

This song also deserves more love too i mean the anime is meh and really the best written, but at least it makes up for tracks like this.

I have a digital copy of the third game on my Switch. I’ve played a bit of it and have played the original on the PS2 before. One thing I think would be fun to get is a crossover game with Dante and Virgil meeting Bayonetta and fighting demons and angels beside her. I think that you could easily mash the two games together and get a game that plays very similarly to both series. Bayonetta and Dante could even have some interesting dialogue about each other’s profession of hunting supernatural beings. You could even have them flirt with each other.

I have a digital copy of the third game on my Switch. I’ve played a bit of it and have played the original on the PS2 before. One thing I think would be fun to get is a crossover game with Dante and Virgil meeting Bayonetta and fighting demons and angels beside her. I think that you could easily mash the two games together and get a game that plays very similarly to both series. Bayonetta and Dante could even have some interesting dialogue about each other’s profession of hunting supernatural beings. You could even have them flirt with each other.
There was actually plans to see them crossover, but now that kamiya ain't really in platinum games anymore its highly unliekly that will happen and btw bayonetta had an anime too bloody fate i watched it ages ago best anime adaptation of a game other than edgerunners

Back