• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Desert Island or Lake Island?

What should StarGlow turn into?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alolan_Apples

Go Yoshis!
Yoshi's Islanders
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Normally, I know what to do when making decisions in Animal Crossing, but this time, I don’t what to do when renovating my island. Should I turn it into a desert, like Southern California, or a lake with islands between. Either way, it’s time to renovate my island.

When you say SoCal desert, you thinking of like Palm Springs or the Joshua Tree National Park? We have desert environments but we aren't really considered one.

Honestly, I like both but waterscaping can definitely be a pain in the butt. If you did something like the Sahara desert, that would be really cool. You could have oases around the island (or just a oasis). It would depend what you'd like to torture yourself over.

Yikes, as a relative beginner those both seem like huge commitments. Ultimately it is your personal taste and decisions. For me, I always love to have green and water. Have family who live in Southern AZ and while it’s fun to visit in the winter (I live in very snowy long winter area) I could never see myself living there. I love my beautiful green spring with the myriad of different colored flowers. I am not very creative, so for me it would be easier to work with lots of different flora and fauna. I know the desert has a lot of diversity as well, but it is much more subtle and somewhat monochrome in my eyes. I hope you share when you are done. I would love to see it1

I like the first option, a southwestern themed desert. Though, I may be just a little biased as I love deserts. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Island themes in general are hard for me to actually do even if the ideas are there.

Good to see you around Alolan Apples!
Personally, I think an island with a bunch of little islands inside of it sounds amazing. If it was me, I think I'd do like a murder mystery that you can solve by exploring each of the islands.

335034013_943260510452476_8900527961247666209_n.jpg

I made this mini Arizona desert area on one of my islands.I favor a desert island but the lake idea might give you more possibilities.

When you say SoCal desert, you thinking of like Palm Springs or the Joshua Tree National Park? We have desert environments but we aren't really considered one.

Honestly, I like both but waterscaping can definitely be a pain in the butt. If you did something like the Sahara desert, that would be really cool. You could have oases around the island (or just a oasis). It would depend what you'd like to torture yourself over.
It’s more like Riverside County and San Bernardino County. It won’t look like Orange County or Los Angeles County (though I can make the Lake Island more like those lake attractions from Disneyland and California Adventure Park, which is also in Southern California).

If you’re curious on how I would decorate StarGlow after renovation:

• Desert Island - mostly empty with cacti and coconut trees, but have clusters of houses and facilities with scenery, like individual desert towns.
  • Lake Island - small island will have more lighting and flowers, like if there’s a lights festival all year long.

I think a Western-style town could be very cool, and maybe have a few oasis-like areas with trees and stuff so that you can still play the game normally.

If you're going for a modern desert theme, why not have a spot for an old, run-down gas station? If you have HHP, you could also make one of the villager's houses be themed like an old country store on the inside. Could be cool.

It looks like Lake Island is winning. If nobody else votes by the end of tomorrow, StarGlow will renovate into a lake.

I have seen some island tours where the land is mostly waterscaped with the homes and buildings on their own little islands and if done right it looks really good. Me personally though I don’t like the barren waste land look so I vote lake.

The poll is closed. Thanks for helping me. StarGlow will be turned into a lake. I’ll publish the dream island when I’m finished.

The poll is closed. Thanks for helping me. StarGlow will be turned into a lake. I’ll publish the dream island when I’m finished.
Looking forward to it! I’ve never done any renovating, waterscaping, etc so I don’t have a reference. How long do you anticipate it will take you? I’ve been putting off doing anything major to my original island layout. Don’t really now where or how to begin. Maybe I will eventually. In the meantime I just enjoy others works. ;0 Hopefully you will have before and after pics, right? Sending you creative vibes!

Looking forward to it! I’ve never done any renovating, waterscaping, etc so I don’t have a reference. How long do you anticipate it will take you? I’ve been putting off doing anything major to my original island layout. Don’t really now where or how to begin. Maybe I will eventually. In the meantime I just enjoy others works. ;0 Hopefully you will have before and after pics, right? Sending you creative vibes!
I took 240 pictures of pre-renovation StarGlow before returning to this site, so you have a chance to see them after I enhappify StarGlow with renovations and decorations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back