• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[deleted]

I used to like the Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure/2 games when I was ready young. I went back and attempted to play them and it was really bad. Barring the graphics, the story made no sense and the voice acting was terrible. I guess I just liked playing them because it was Sonic! (This was way before the Sonic community did what they did to the series).

i enjoyed mario games a lot as a kid, but im not interested in any of them anymore

I enjoyed playing Sonic Chronicles when I was younger. But with the passing of time I know I wouldn’t enjoy it much anymore.
I still don’t like how Sonic always has to be in a team, even if it’s understandable why that is.

I enjoyed the first few pokemon games immensely as a kid, but when the third generation came around it got boring and I never got back into them like before. The remakes for Gold and Silver were awesome so I had high hopes for the Let's Go Games, since they are pretty much built for my generation of nostalgic late twenty-somethings... but was really disappointed in them.

Nothing will ever bring back the feeling of being a clueless kid without worries playing a game on lazy saturday mornings like back then so it's kind of bittersweet no not be able to enjoy games as much as then. But well, precious memories all the same.

I’m going to say Pokémon. I haven’t had an installment since the original Black/White versions. I still have a soft spot for Croconaw though.

Glad I’m not alone with pet simulation games. 😅 I used to love Nintendogs when I was in middle school and had a couple of different versions for the DS: Best Friends and Dachshund because it had shih-tzus, which I had IRL at the time. The novelty of it may still be fun for 5-10 minutes but it’s not something I’d enjoy beyond that. If I were going to play something similar, I’d sooner pick up a Tycoon game.

I even enjoyed The Sims 2 for the DS back in the day for some reason. Console releases for The Sims are not something I would ever touch now and I still don’t understand how I sunk so many hours into this.

i sorta feel this way about croc: legend of the gobbos. i have such fond memories about this game and after finding the cd-rom of it at a thrift store i finally decided to try and complete it.

i quickly learned that, while fun at times, the game can be a trial in patience as the tank controls feel weird and awkward for a platformer and it gets very difficult very fast. i still haven't gotten past the second world and i don't know if i ever will.

I use to be really into those pixel style platformer games like Kirby and the amazing mirrors and Frogger's Adventures: Temple of the Frog when I was a kid. it was we had at the time (in the early 2000s) and I liked playing them a lot, but now since newer games of different genres and art styles have come out I am no longer interested in pixel or platformer style games. Maybe this will change one day, but as of now I don't see myself playing in this genre again.

Back