• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[deleted]

go vacation on the wii was one of my favourite games as a child but now i can't play it because of how boring i find it nowadays

also yo-kai watch, it's a long story but i can't play any game from this series anymore and i get bummed out just thinking about them

then loads of basic ds games i used to have, which all have really bad graphics and are made for children so they're pretty slow, i won't go through all of them because i forgot the names of most of them lol

the “style savvy” games were the first ones i thought of - you can probably tell from the title lol but it’s a game all about fashion where you run your own clothing store, participate in fashion shows, stuff like that. i loved these games when i was younger but sadly stuff like that doesn’t really appeal to me anymore. >_<

Since I can't think of any video games at the moment, my answer is Neopets.
Sure, I still like the pets and all that, but I cannot get myself to play anymore. Mostly because things are chaotic over there.

I could probably list some CD-ROM games as well if I tried.

I would say Crash Bandicoot. While I still love Crash as a character, compared of how many hours I spent as a child into his games, I don't have the same energy or joy as back then to spend so much time into them. I got the N. Sane trilogy months ago and probably only played it for like two or three hours. I also tried out Crash Team Racing and it was actually fun to (re)play the story mode. Afterwards however, I lost interest in continue playing it pretty quickly, especially since the online mode sucks so much compared to MK8's online mode. I still didn't try out Crash 4 and I'm not sure if I should buy it once I solved my Switch problem.

the “style savvy” games were the first ones i thought of - you can probably tell from the title lol but it’s a game all about fashion where you run your own clothing store, participate in fashion shows, stuff like that. i loved these games when i was younger but sadly stuff like that doesn’t really appeal to me anymore. >_<
omg i forgot about those gamesssss, In the Uk they were called New Style Boutique. Which made googling stuff about it a pain in the butt before I realised lol

I sank so many hours into them, and I remember them fondly. Don't imagine I'd be as into them now but who knows tbh - dressing up and buying clothes is one of my favourite things to do in Animal Crossing, after all.

omg i forgot about those gamesssss, In the Uk they were called New Style Boutique. Which made googling stuff about it a pain in the butt before I realised lol

I sank so many hours into them, and I remember them fondly. Don't imagine I'd be as into them now but who knows tbh - dressing up and buying clothes is one of my favourite things to do in Animal Crossing, after all.

i actually booted up one of the games about a month or two ago and i got bored after like,, 3 minutes LOL. buying clothes is one of my favourite things to do, too but i feel like i’ve outgrown games that only focus on like one thing, if that makes sense - i really liked beauty games when i was younger but i think that i’m more interested in games that have a variety of things to do and look forward to (ac, for example). :’)

Reactions: 0ni
Catz as well as Dogz 2 on the GBA. I played both a ton when I was young, but now they are very simple and repetitive.

Heck and by further extension Nintendogs. I loved that game on DS. Later got it as a teenager on 3DS and I was so bored of it after a few hours I ended up selling it.

Last year I played through Toejam and Earl on my Genesis Mini. This was the first time I'd played it since I was a kid. It didn't feel as fun to me as an adult. It wasn't a terrible game by any means. It just felt very mediocre and forgettable even though it was one of my top favorites when I was a kid.

I liked Donkey Kong 64 when I was a kid. The game was a collectible marathon and I'm not sure whether I had more patience then. Looking back it feels like a slog from the outside looking in. Between the banana faeries, coins, blueprints, bananas, and possibly more I couldn't see myself going through that again. It's one of those games when you're finished with it, you're done.

all those pet simulation games, especially the Petz series. they're so boring and repetitive, I dont know why I ever even liked them

A lot of games from the NES era come to mind. I'm not saying any of these games are necessarily bad; many of these games were pioneers of their respective genres, so it would be unfair to judge them from the eyes of modern game design. But games like the original Metroid and Legend of Zelda are two titles that I just lack the patience for at my current age. The lack of signposting and the reliance on guesswork and blind wandering just make these games really not fun for me. And of course, I could just look up a walkthrough... but looking up a walkthrough every single time I get stuck really makes things considerably less fun.

The Crazy Castle games on the Game Boy also spring to mind. They're not terrible games by any means, just kind of rudimentary and boring. The attachment I had to them would usually come from whatever children's character was attached to them at the time, in particular Bugs Bunny.

Super Mario Sunshine also kind of makes this list. I still enjoy the game during its high points, but its low points have definitely only gotten lower as I've gotten older. As a result, I no longer feel the need to get every shine sprite and will happily skip some of the more frustrating ones.

I used to love “educational” licensed games that were for an obscure kid’s console. They were technically the first video games I ever played, so I had nothing to compare them to. Of the several I owned I liked the Toy Story 2 game the most. If I played them now I’m sure I’d find them repetitive and clunky.

i actually booted up one of the games about a month or two ago and i got bored after like,, 3 minutes LOL. buying clothes is one of my favourite things to do, too but i feel like i’ve outgrown games that only focus on like one thing, if that makes sense - i really liked beauty games when i was younger but i think that i’m more interested in games that have a variety of things to do and look forward to (ac, for example). :’)
That's a good point - I'd probably get bored of how repetitious it is.

That being said, I remember the game STRESSIN' lil me out. I seem to remember that you had to order in stock for different items? I have memories of characters coming in wanting a whole outfit of a certain style and the only thing I had in my store that would fit their vibe was like... a pair of socks. I'd try and throw together something vaguely suitable and hope to lord jeebus that the customer wouldn't shout at me lmao

Man, what a trip. I can't believe I forgot about those games 😂

That's a good point - I'd probably get bored of how repetitious it is.

That being said, I remember the game STRESSIN' lil me out. I seem to remember that you had to order in stock for different items? I have memories of characters coming in wanting a whole outfit of a certain style and the only thing I had in my store that would fit their vibe was like... a pair of socks. I'd try and throw together something vaguely suitable and hope to lord jeebus that the customer wouldn't shout at me lmao

Man, what a trip. I can't believe I forgot about those games 😂

yes omg. my problem was that i was such a cheapskate that i wouldn’t buy more than one of something to try and save money so inventory was always pretty low. 🤣

Reactions: 0ni
I loved Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team when I was younger. I tried to play Sky and Super Mystery Dungeon and that style of gameplay is just not my thing anymore and I find it too repetitive now. I have fond memories and that's all I'll have which is fine by me! I have zero interest in replaying Blue.

A lot of the movie games too, I could never replay but I enjoyed as a kid.

There was only 4 games that I had when I was younger when I had my one and only gaming system/electronic because even then I didn't even have a phone. It was a DSi and I had the sims 3, pokemon diamond, some little pet shop game, and a victorious game from the nickelodeon show lol however, my "friends" would let me borrow their games like mario kart or style savvy. But they only did that so I'd be distracted so they could talk **** about me and not get in trouble.

all those pet simulation games, especially the Petz series. they're so boring and repetitive, I dont know why I ever even liked them
This! I had Petz Hamsters and this other one where you take care of kittens when I was younger. I remember I had all this stuff unlocked in Petz Hamsters because it was a time-based game and I played nonstop. I still have those DS cartridges so I tried replaying them not too long ago. My adult self played them for 5 minutes and quit right after.

I haven't actually replayed FFVII since high school or early college, but after recently trying out the demo for Dragon Quest XI, I think I may have lost my patience for turn-based combat. Breath of the Wild in particular has really raised my bar for action-adventure games.

Back