• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Decided to emulate it, and here's what I say

Espurr96

Chao Karate
Bells
The textures are horrid, but that's the charm in it. The map system really threw me off but hopefully I can get used to it. Is there anything I need to know beforehand about this game?

Well it IS kind of a Nintendo 64 game ported to the Nintendo GameCube.

Hey! Decided to emulate a couple days ago as well. I had it on Gamecube and it's cool to rediscover all the old aspects that have been lost in the more recent games.

Most important thing I'd say you need to learn is the acre system.

(forgot Blathers didn't have his fossil identification certificate...that's a bit of a pain)

I would love to play it sometime haha. I have never played AC Population Growing yet though, so I should start with that first haha.

I've been looking everywhere for it but my dad will only pay $10 or under for it,and all the people I see selling one are asking for $30 >.<

Another thing you need to know is if you see a glowing spot, dig it up and bury a shovel in it. ;) A surprise will await you not long afterwards.

hm....havent played the gcn version in a while, to repeat everyone else the acres are definitely different. also theres no flower breeding/hybrids, you just plant them to look nice.
there's also the wishing well in the lowerish-center of town, which I don't think reappeared later. with it you could return items to villagers who had long moved away (like if you were sent on a task to deliver something), and a few other options.
ALSO!! you get tickets from purchasing items from nook, and at the end of each moth there is an auction where you spend the tickets to try and get rare items, many of which are emulators of old NES games. those were probably my favorite thing that didnt make a comeback (due to reselling these games in console shops on dsi/wii/etc)

hm....havent played the gcn version in a while, to repeat everyone else the acres are definitely different. also theres no flower breeding/hybrids, you just plant them to look nice.
there's also the wishing well in the lowerish-center of town, which I don't think reappeared later. with it you could return items to villagers who had long moved away (like if you were sent on a task to deliver something), and a few other options.
ALSO!! you get tickets from purchasing items from nook, and at the end of each moth there is an auction where you spend the tickets to try and get rare items, many of which are emulators of old NES games. those were probably my favorite thing that didnt make a comeback (due to reselling these games in console shops on dsi/wii/etc)

YES! Was so happy when I re-discovered this feature while I was playing the emulated version lol (The NES Games)

Back