• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Decide on a Nuzlocke?

What Pokemon Gen should I attempt my Nuzlocke?

• FireRed/LeafGreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver/Gold/Crystal

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

outofwrlds

On My Way To ✨Space✨
Bells
Space Whale Plush
Galaxy Swirl
Moon Bunny
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
S.S. Dolphin
I've been wanting to try my hand at a Nuzlocke for a while. I've tried one before, about a decade ago, but never finished it. To be honest, I didn't get far at all. I ended up losing my strongest Pokemon on my team to a random Geodude using self destruct, and was so devastated I couldn't bring myself to finish. Now it is time to redeem my failure! Unfortunately, I can't even decide what gen to play. Help me out?

Limited choices, but I gotta keep it down to what I have on hand. After your vote, feel free to let me know why you picked the game of your choice and any fond memories you have of that game or your own Nuzlocke adventures!

Oh, and when I start, I'll probably keep my progress updated in the Nuzlocke thread. I think posting my journey will keep me motivated to finish.

Last edited:
Hey there!

I voted for Diamond/Pearl, which seems to be the majority vote right now. I just recently beat a Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke for the first time, and before that I had beat a Shining Pearl (remake) Wonderlocke.

My advice for the Geodudes/Gravelers you may encounter is to either have a very tanky mon with high defense out (I usually had Umbreon out on my game, but others may work), or have a Ghost type out since Self Destruct, Explosion, etc. can't damage Ghost types (or you could always just try running away with a Smoke Ball equipped).

Also watch out for Bide... Kricketot may use it if you encounter one. Bide only does damage based on how much damage you've done to the user, so if you just use status moves or potions or whatever, Bide won't do any damage when released.

Please do post your updates in my thread! Would love to see how it goes. :D

Back