• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dear Videogames,

Here is an idea that I have always wanted to try out:

Make a game that has promised free DLC
Make about a 10 hour normal story mode
Release about 2 of those free DLCs a month, each taking about 1 hour to complete
Repeat endlessly

I agree totally. I have 2 games I need to finish, now I just got Bioshock 2. Gah! There's no way I can finish them all before I buy another! >.< They could come out a little slower... lol But then I'd just get impatient. It's a lose-lose for me.

I can easily keep up with all my videogames. I actually need a few more to come out. My motto is that once my playtime in hours surpasses the price I payed for the game, I get my moneys worth. I'm currently playing the hell out of Company of Heroes and Empire Total War just to fulfill my motto.

beehdaubs said:
I can easily keep up with all my videogames. I actually need a few more to come out. My motto is that once my playtime in hours surpasses the price I payed for the game, I get my moneys worth. I'm currently playing the hell out of Company of Heroes and Empire Total War just to fulfill my motto.
Hehe, in that case, I have about 20 games worth outta City Folk, alone.

I feel more like how I used to buy games back in the day when I had to beg and scrap for money...and those games were full priced and new. That was a time when we weren't blessed with the fortune of cheap, used games.

One year, I bought maybe 4 console games with about 3 GBA games. I received more enjoyment out of that little handful than I do with the gobs of games I get in one year now. Most of these games are dirt cheap or downloaded ROMs and ISOs.

Well, there are only certain games I'll buy, so I'm not too bothered about all of these "must plays"

OM*G thank you. Damn. I still need to finish Zelda Twilight and Paper Mario. But DANG they keep making me buy more and more, and before you know it, I'll have a pile of about 50 games to finish.

So true. I just bought CSS, HL2 deathmatch, KOTOR2, and Marrowind, plus many more, and I've yet to play them. Besides, I'm 14, so I can get 1 game a month, if I'm lucky with odd jobs I can find around the neighborhood.

I have OCD about this kind of stuff too, but I get it a little differently. I feel compelled to complete a game's main, single player campaign before moving on to another one. I usually play about two to three games at a time, and they're usually all Harvest Moon or Final Fantasy, and less often a Professor Layton game. I do branch out every now and again, but Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy make up the bulk of my purchases.

Furthermore, this is made easier on me because I generally only play JRPGs, simulation and puzzle games. It's easy not to over-purchase when you know what genres you're looking in. :)

I just bought a PS3 recently so yeeaaah... I am behind on games I want for it... The Wii, well thats usually much easier because good games dont come as often. I do have some backlogged Wii games tho, not very many though.

Back