• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

David Bowie dead at 69

Late to the party in posting this, but I feel like a part of me is gone.

I am also one that has never really mourned for a celebrity at all, but Bowie--for me--was completely different; he was not just a celebrity to me. His music and he himself were so tied into my formative years and therefore, who I am today. I am so grateful to him for that.

When I went to join this site I found the username Bowie was taken. I think Bowie (user here) is doing a great job carrying that name. :) But that being my first choice says a lot about how I feel.

(Munna is a reference to the Dreamsuite & Luna...as the Pok?mon Munna is all about dreaming...)

I could not comment on this earlier as I was too heartbroken, and reading articles and news reports would only dilute & cheapen the genuine grief I have been feeling.

I consider him a hero of mine, and I think "Sail Away" really gives the feeling justice, and the album "Heathen" is a bit less well known, but really beautiful.
I cried through most of a box of tissues, and the bulk of the intense pain has finally passed--but I will still have to grieve like I would with a loved one, because he was a loved one to me.

It's sad to see him go! I loved his role in the Labyrinth, and also a lot of his older songs. Didn't he release Blackstar like right before he died too?

Definitely gonna miss him :/

I have heard this song on the radio before. I feel so stupid for not recognizing his music until just now >_<

How could I?

Alright, I gotta say this...I feel so stupid for not realizing how legendary David Bowie was, I feel so ignorant for not recognizing his music up until tonight. I'm so sorry Bowie I failed you!! please forgive me! :(

I was terribly sad when I heard of his death, loved him in the Labyrinth and his music. He truly is a legend.

Back