Danganronpa forum game? Anyone Interested?

Ciary

Hugs ^_^
Bells
Tasty Cake
I'm tempted to start a danganronpa forum game ...

For those who don't know danganronpa (why did you click on this?), it's a game series. a visual novel/detective game. the basic premise of every game is "a group of students who all have a certain talent get locked up somewhere. The only way out of this imprisonment is to murder someone and then make sure the others don't suspect you. if you get away with the murder, you walk free and the others lose and get executed. if things don't work out and you are found out, you get executed instead." There's also stuff about hope and despair, and a certain psychopathic teddybear ... but that's not important ^_^

On another forum that I used to be part of, I played and hosted games that were based on this series. the first few games we did had a few exploits and by the 5th game the formula really showed its cracks. so much so that it stopped being fun.

So I did a complete overhaul of the system. then created a 6th game using that. i am still proud of the system and I would be using this for the game

The game itself is mostly played in PM. only sometimes you get to discuss things publicly.
it is played in 3 phases.
  • Night phase is the phase where everyone wanders the map and plan murders
  • Day phase or Investigation phase starts when a body has been found. once this starts, the culprit is set and can still kill 1 other person if they like to. for everyone else, this is when you look for who the murderer is. It plays the same as the night phase
  • Trial: Trial starts when the host thinks investigation is done. this is where you all get to post publicly and discuss who the killer is. after voting, if successfully found, the murderer is executed. If the others fail to identify the killer, the game ends and the killer wins
So that would be the game. I'm curious if anyone would be interested in playing this? if you are, let me know :)
Also, mods, if there are issues with this and you think that I shouldn't do this kind of game on this forum, it's fine. this is one of the reasons why I wanted to ask first

I haven't played the games myself, but I watched enough in streams to spoil the series (oops). I think this is a great idea! I'd love to participate >:3

yooo this kinda sounds cool ngl. im actually planning on picking up danganronpa since its on sale rn, so im interested!

yooo this kinda sounds cool ngl. im actually planning on picking up danganronpa since its on sale rn, so im interested!
If you're worried about spoilers, I am not planning to use anything from the games other than the basic setup.

Enjoy though :) some notes:
  • game 2 is the best one
  • the series (Danganronpa 3. not Danganronpa: the animation) is not required watching but It does not follow the story of any of the games (but requires that you have played the first 2)
  • Also the series does not spoil danganronpa v3 in any way, nor does danganronpa v3 reference the anime at all
  • Ultra despair girls is different, clunky, but also kinda fun

Back