Pokémon Current shiny hunts?

Currently soft resetting for Kyurem because I planned for it to be one of the major members of a team I'm building. Been at it for a few hours and am reminded why I never really bothered with soft reset hunting. Last time I tried was Moltres in HeartGold and I abandoned that hunt. I'm hoping the Shiny Charm will make this a successful hunt, but I'm honestly tempted to just hatch eggs for other hunts instead.

Last edited:
Currently soft resetting for Kyurem because I planned for it to be one of the major members of a team I'm building. Been at it for a few hours and am reminded why I never really bothered with soft reset hunting. Last time I tried was Moltres in HeartGold and I abandoned that hunt. I'm hoping the Shiny Charm will make this a successful hunt, but I'm honestly tempted to just hatch eggs for other hunts instead.

From my experience it usually takes the same amount of time to produce a shiny from soft resetting as it does with the Masuda Method. Soft resetting has a lower encounter rate at 1/1365 w/shiny charm, yet I can do around 100 soft resets in the time it takes for me to hatch around 45 eggs (an hours worth of time for both); so it sort of evens out in the end. Also remember, the shiny encounter rate in HeartGold and older games was a fixed rate of 1/8192 with no way to increase those odds unless you chained.

So just keep going at it, and you'll get your Kyurem eventually. c: It can show up at literally any time, even when you least expect it - but you'll never get it if you don't try. My first ever shiny legendary was a shiny Giratina that I spent a good four days hunting for. At the end of the fourth day when I was about to close my 3DS for the night after one last reset, it sparkled for me. Two months later when I decided to obtain my second shiny legendary, I got a shiny Uxie within forty minutes of resetting.

Got this little bugger yesterday morning @269 eggs. As you can see, this monster has 5IVs -Sp. Atk and it's HA. I'm totally going to steamroll the competition at the next VGC with this thing lmao

AxO4UxU.jpg

Joking aside, I've never really had a chance to appreciate how cute Delcatty is before now. Currently working on Furret now atm, I've been wanting to add both of these guys to my collection for a few months now but that shiny Espurr hunt was really bleeding my patience dry... but I guess it's good to say that I'm back in the shiny hunting game now, for the time being anyways.

Hi folks!

Currently Shiny hunting in XY Friend Safari with my Shiny Charm with excellent results.

I was just curious if any of you folks happened to know what your Friend Safari pokemon are, and if you'd like to trade Friend Codes with me so I can expand the variety of Shinies I'm hunting for? My Friend Safari is kind of lame, I believe it's Poison and I don't recall which pokemon off the top of my head, maybe a Muk (I'll ask my brother and edit this post as I get the info) if it's even worth anything, haha.

Last edited:
Hi folks!

Currently Shiny hunting in XY Friend Safari with my Shiny Charm with excellent results.

I was just curious if any of you folks happened to know what your Friend Safari pokemon are, and if you'd like to trade Friend Codes with me so I can expand the variety of Shinies I'm hunting for? My Friend Safari is kind of lame, I believe it's Poison and I don't recall which pokemon off the top of my head, maybe a Muk (I'll ask my brother and edit this post as I get the info) if it's even worth anything, haha.

I'm pretty sure I have a Flying safari with Doduo, Swanna and Tropius. Let me know if you need or are interested in any of those shinies.

I intend to continue hunting Kyurem but soft resetting grew to be too boring of a venture for me so I left the cave and threw Golett in the Day Care to try to hatch a shiny one. Probably going to alternate between the two hunts, for example when a box or two is filled with eggs I can hop back over to the cave to try for Kyurem. I admire the dedication some people have to go after multiple legendaries, or bother with soft reset hunting under any circumstances really.

Hatched my shiny Sentret last night @274 eggs. Going after shiny Vulpix next w/Heavy Ball.

yKLku3M.jpg

EDIT: Ayy shiny Vulpix @45 eggs. Didn't even get the chance to obtain my 6IV breeding parent though, so I guess I'm still stuck breeding Vulpix. :/ Still, I've been getting a lot of quick shinies lately, I guess the game is trying to make me feel better over the fact that I went through the longest and most cruel shiny hunt I've had so far. I'll upload it's evolved form once I get around to finding a nickname for it, as well as grinding Blissey secret bases and EV hordes.

AvC6glD.jpg

BTW, I'm setting up an imgur album with all of my legendary and Masuda Method shinies. I'll post here again when I get around to it. Also, I plan on giving away all the other shinies I've caught that aren't SR'd or MM'd for. I sort of want a do over on them to be honest, so I can breed them for better IV's and correct natures. Expect the post to be made tomorrow, I'm currently trying to get on a normal sleeping schedule and I've been up for nearly 24 hours now so I am just absol-utely exhausted now.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a shiny starly from hordes, so far it's not going too well. I have shiny 5 or 6 nidorans and shiny 4 stunkys :U

Starly hordes have like a 5% chance of appearing so wish me luck x_x

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a shiny starly from hordes, so far it's not going too well. I have shiny 5 or 6 nidorans and shiny 4 stunkys :U

Starly hordes have like a 5% chance of appearing so wish me luck x_x

Daang at this point your just better of hatching for one, sure it might take a bit longer depending on your luck and also whether or not you have the Shiny Charm but at least you are guaranteed to get a Starly when a shiny does pop up... not to mention fixed nature and good IVs if you breed properly. Best of luck to you.

Went back to shiny hunting last week. So far 220 Phantumps yet still no shiny :[

Last edited:
I'm not hunting for anything at all right now because I only recently finished my hunt for Yamask. But when my shiny hunt friend wants to do another hunt then I'll probably go for Larvesta.

Went back to shiny hunting last week. So far 220 Phantumps yet still no shiny :[

Which method are you using?

Last edited:
I'm not hunting for anything at all right now because I only recently finished my hunt for Yamask. But when my shiny hunt friend wants to do another hunt then I'll probably go for Larvesta.

Which method are you using?
Breeding. Masuda + shiny charm + egg charm + hatch power x3

I'm still hunting for shiny Latos :( I actually have zero luck with shiny Pokemon, either breeding or catching them. The amount of breeding I've done these last few months and I've not even come up with one shiny Pokemon. I've read what to do to increase my chances, done as its said, but nothing :( I'm guessing I just need to have patience and one will come along in the end. I have caught a shiny gyrados only a couple of weeks back which I was very pleased with:)

Hi folks!

My friend safari has Breloom and Mankey, I don't remember the other one. But if you are looking for specific Pokemon then you should try the Friend Safari Sub-Reddit.

Feel free to add me though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Breeding. Masuda + shiny charm + egg charm + hatch power x3

Okay then all I have to say is keep at it! You will get it eventually. Otherwise you might want to consider DexNavving for it in ORAS.

I'm going for a shiny Ivysaur in a Friend Safari. At first I got a Tangela instead, but I'm still happy with it.

I'm going for a shiny Ivysaur in a Friend Safari. At first I got a Tangela instead, but I'm still happy with it.
See, with Friend Safaris I hunt in a safari where ALL pokemon are ones I'd wpbe interested in as shinies, like Phantump and Lampent for example. I ended up getting a shiny Lampent (MODEST!) and now I am masuda breeding for the shiny Phantump :3

See, with Friend Safaris I hunt in a safari where ALL pokemon are ones I'd wpbe interested in as shinies, like Phantump and Lampent for example. I ended up getting a shiny Lampent (MODEST!) and now I am masuda breeding for the shiny Phantump :3

Yeah I get that because that's what I did with Charmeleon. BUT, the safari only has Ivysaur and Tangela, making it 1 in 2 chances of the Shiny being an Ivysaur instead of 1/3. That AND that's the only grass safari I have :p So I don't have much of a choice... BUT I GOT SHINY IVYSAUR SO I'M AS HAPPY AS CAN BE :)

Yeah I get that because that's what I did with Charmeleon. BUT, the safari only has Ivysaur and Tangela, making it 1 in 2 chances of the Shiny being an Ivysaur instead of 1/3. That AND that's the only grass safari I have :p So I don't have much of a choice... BUT I GOT SHINY IVYSAUR SO I'M AS HAPPY AS CAN BE :)
My avatar is an honor of you finding your shiny Ivysaur

not really i changed it yesterday :p

anyways it's been a while but I am going to go back to breeding for my shiny phantump later. hopefully I can get it before...
HALLOWEEN!

Last edited:
I'm not doing it very often but right now I'm going for a shiny slowpoke. I've done both hordes for a bit and tried to chain with no luck.

My avatar is an honor of you finding your shiny Ivysaur

not really i changed it yesterday :p

anyways it's been a while but I am going to go back to breeding for my shiny phantump later. hopefully I can get it before...
HALLOWEEN!

lol I was actually just wondering what a coincidence that was xD... oh and I wish you the best of luck on getting your shiny phantump! :D :D

lol I was actually just wondering what a coincidence that was xD... oh and I wish you the best of luck on getting your shiny phantump! :D :D
Ivysaur was my favorite character in brawl and I've been kinda missing him lately lol... and thanks! :3

Back