Cranky or jock?

Waterbottle1234

Bells
Winter Mittens
I have nine villagers who are all dreamies. I'm missing a cranky and a jock but I don't really want to let anyone move out to make room for both. So which should I pick? Should my last villager be a cranky or jock?

Which personality type do you like better? Cranky is one of the favorites (if not the favorite) of mine, so I would certainly pick one of those.

i personally LOVE crankies, but jocks aren't my favorite unless they're the cuties I have in my towns currently. but it all depends on you really -- which dialogue do you like better, or have you seen any crankies/jocks before thatd fit with your towns theme or other villagers?​

I love them both, especially when jocks comment on stupid things, such as if they're able to run to the stars even though they're far away, lol. It also depends on what PWP's you're missing (if you're interested in any they might suggest).

I love crankies =) and I don't really like jocks so if I were you I would pick a cranky =)

Cranky is my favorite personality. I dislike jock a lot, but of course that's all personal opinion.
Do you have all the pwp's for both? If you're missing the jock pwp's I would get a jock, get those (especially the instrument shelter and firepit) then get a cranky for the rest, most of their pwp's are nice. then maybe stick with the cranky cause they're awesome. <3

I love them both pretty equally. Why not look at a list of both personalities and choose someone you like based on their design? If you end up not liking them, you can replace them with someone else. Rinse and repeat.

I personally like the cranky personality better but that's just because hearing about rippling muscles all the time can get pretty old.

I agree with the majority of the people so far. I don't really like jocks, but I really love crankies, they're one of my favorites! but I would get a jock for the PWP's and maybe just for the fun of it, you might find one that you absolutely love! I personally like Hamlet*, Bam and Kid Cat. You might like one of those jocks, and for crankies, there are only a few I've came across and not liked :) good luck!

Personally, crankies are my favourite personality type. I honestly feel like they are a little more diverse then the jocks since they talk about other things besides exercising although, I do like it when they call the female player "ladybro" it's such a cool nickname, haha.

Last edited:
Please go with Cranky. I DESPISE Jock villagers which is why there are none in my town. They are incredibly annoying villagers who are obsessed with workouts and muscles. Cranky villagers have that interesting down to Earth personality and for some reason, their slumpish based houses (Mostly Cranky villagers have them) are cute in a way to me, like it is their own secret hideout. Go with Cranky Don't Look Back :)

i like both of them!
cranky is like a caring and nagging parent figure,
while jocks really give me the positive energy i needed!
you could always try'em both before deciding which one you like better yourself c:

~♚Vickie

I like both, but if I have to choose I prefer cranky. They're so cute and I love their dialogues. I think they're the best friends you can have. :lemon:

cranky is 110% more loveable than jocks. but maybe i'm biased bc most of my faves are cranky.

I definetely prefer crankies, but I love some jocks, though. Cranckie give to you a lot of good advice and help you when you are in difficulty, but jocks are true friends and take cares of you. So, I leave to you the choice, they are both very nice.

Last edited:
All personal preference. I like both personalities and it has been my goal to have at least one of each personality in my town. Which is why I have Rudy (jock cat) and will be getting Tom (the cranky cat). I do love my Groucho though, since he's gone from being cranky to being worried about my health and always popping over to my house for uninvited visits (and staying for a really long time!). I definitely suggest you read/watch articles, videos on each personality to see which one you like most. Or you could always test them out and if it doesn't work out, get them to move out lol.

I personally prefer cranky villagers over jock. First of all jock villagers always have the most hideous homes.. It's always work out equipment, boxing rings.. not very appeal. I find cranky villagers will have more zen items which I'm totally partial towards.

The 2nd thing is, the jock villagers always have so much energy. Always talking about doing laps, and working out. Kind of exhausting. I find crank villagers have more of an interesting personality. Of course, this is all my personal opinion so I hope i didn't offend anyone.

Back