Choose my Town Name! (Ends on November 7th)

Which town name should I go with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Moondrop and Cindersap because I got those references. And Silverkeep might be a reference that I'm not getting, but I voted for it because it sounds cool.

My vote is for Moondrop and Ravenwood, I love how they both sound, they both give me magical, foresty vibes with a hint of mistery, but ngl all names are awesome, some common and some uncommon, but are all really beautiful!

I think all of these are very fitting for a Stardew Valley farm name. Also, most of these names give me that indie horror/forgotten country town vibes.

I went with Silverkeep because it's more fantasy RPG-ish to me.

By the way, Moondrop reminds me of the Moondrop flower from Harvest Moon games (now Story of Seasons).

I voted for Oakshire, Reverie, Redbrook, and Silverkeep. Out of the ones that I voted for, Oakshire is my favorite. It sounds like a more realistic town name. I prefer adding some realism into my gameplay, but I don’t know if you are into that.

I voted Cindersap and Wanderlake. I just liked the sound of them. ❤

They're all very nice names, but I find The Shire too hobbity (and I love hobbits, but it makes me think your town has something to live up to). I've definitely seen towns named Reverie.

I also find Redbrook, Ravenwood, Oakshire and Silverkeep too World of Warcrafty (and I'm sure those names are in something else, but my brain immediately went to Redridge, Duskwood, Goldshire and Silverpine/Shadowfang keep respectively).

Those are probably not good reasons to pick certain names, but that was my thought process, and I just kind of like the two I voted for? 😶

They're all beautiful, and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you select! ❤

I voted Cindersap and Wanderlake. I just liked the sound of them. ❤

They're all very nice names, but I find The Shire too hobbity (and I love hobbits, but it makes me think your town has something to live up to). I've definitely seen towns named Reverie.

I also find Redbrook, Ravenwood, Oakshire and Silverkeep too World of Warcrafty (and I'm sure those names are in something else, but my brain immediately went to Redridge, Duskwood, Goldshire and Silverpine/Shadowfang keep respectively).

Those are probably not good reasons to pick certain names, but that was my thought process, and I just kind of like the two I voted for? 😶

They're all beautiful, and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you select! ❤
Thank you! ♥️♥️♥️

I would like to bump this with a change in prizes and what my plans are to do with the Poll. I originally shared this with all the entries' people in dms. Here's the original message:

Hello everyone! I just wanted to mention that I have adjusted the prizes (still keeping the 1,000 tbt prize) so everyone will receive a prize. If you don't know, there's currently a poll going on for which town I should choose. I just wanted to ensure everyone will receive a prize. Of course, the prizes will be decided from whoever gets the most votes on the poll.

Here are the prizes:
1st place - 1,000 tbt
2nd place - 500 tbt
3rd place - 300 tbt
Everyone else will get 50 tbt.

In return though, I hope I can choose which name i want even if it's not the one with the most votes. This decision will not affect the position of the tier prizes nor the poll results.

I just want to make sure if this is fine with y'all before sharing?

Since everyone seems fine with the prize changes, I would love to share everyone's quotes from the DMs.

I think that's a great idea! And also very kind of you. 🥰 you should totally be able to choose the name you'd like! After all, you're going to be the one seeing the name every time you play, no one else! Hope this helps!

It's absolutely fine by me! ^^ It's your island and you can't change the name later, so you should definitely go with the one you're happiest with, and I think it's very generous to expand the prize pool!

Wow, that sounds great! Thank you for sending this too, otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen that my option is a contender, I'm surprised!!

oops after testing out voting for it looks like I can't undo it so I just voted for all to even it out

The fact that you're giving anyone a prize is very generous of you. At least I don't mind which name you end up using. I really appreciate what you're doing and good luck to all the final contenders
Very generous of you. You should definitely choose your own island name 💜
Hi Antonio, this is really generous! 🙂 I don't know why anyone would be upset.

Of course you should be able to choose whichever name you want, hopefully you found the perfect one. 🤗
Sure! You should definitely pick the town name you like! That’s what I would do. ☺
you are so sweet to check with everyone!!! that is more than fine! good luck to everyone involved! ❤ I hope that you can find the perfect one!!!! :)
Hey Antonio, I also think this is very generous of you to do and definitely do what makes you happy with your town name! :D
Yes, absolutely! Thank you for your generosity and I hope you find the perfect name for your town!
Totally cool with me! It's your island at the end of the day after all! I only want you to be happy and satisfied with whatever you end up choosing ☺ Thanks again for the amazing opportunity!

I just wanted to say thank you all for understanding and hope you enjoy the poll. <3

I voted for Redbrook, Oakshire, and Moondrop.
I think Redbrook would be really cute if you like bricks and are going use bricks. I also think it is the best suggestion.
I like Oakshire, but I do feel like it doesn't fit an island very well.
Moondrop fits an island and is the only reason why I voted for it. Otherwise I am not really all that fond of Moondrop.
It just is all about what feel you are going for and what you like.
What "fits" and what is the best or a good suggestion is all purely subjective.

I just wanted to state that I decided on Reverie for my town name. The poll will still go on until the end of the due date, the 7th.

I was going to ask what tone, or feel you wanted, and help that to use vote. Then again, I named my Island Port-Abel, as a play on being a port and being portable with the switch being able to go anywhere. I didn't want to use Able, cause the sisters. But Abel is pronounced the same.

I was going to ask what tone, or feel you wanted, and help that to use vote. Then again, I named my Island Port-Abel, as a play on being a port and being portable with the switch being able to go anywhere. I didn't want to use Able, cause the sisters. But Abel is pronounced the same.
There's no exact tone tbh

Danny Town, Ravenwood, Silver Keep
Danny Town feels like regular town, city feel, modern
Ravenwood feels Halloween-y maybe a little dreary
Silver Keep feels elven, elegant

Bumping this with the winners.

1. @LittleMissPanda - Moondrop - 1,000 tbt
2. @Merielle - Reverie - 500 tbt
3. @satine - Ravenwood - 300tbt

Everyone else will get 100tbt, @Foreverfox @Megaroni @Millysaurusrexjr @StarlitGlitch @MasterM64 @Wickel @LadyDestani @Roxxy @MinishMae @NebulaNights
I'm sorry for the delay, I was currently in a hackathon. Prizes will be rewarded shortly.
Thank you so much, @Antonio!! This was so generous of you and I hope you enjoy your new town!! 😁🤩

Back