Cheating in animal crossing new horizons

Status
Not open for further replies.
One profile per Switch is the biggest cashgrab I can think off. 200 to 300 dollars for another save file? Profile exist on the Switch console, it should never be lock for any reason. Only different between Nintendo and EA is that Nintendo has more good than bad games and they also don't do yearly release. They also have a reputation to uphold since they also make their own console.

EA on the other hand can live off their sport franchise forever since they are mostly all monopoly (bought rights to them) and because sport gamers can't say no to EA.

And you are right, Nintendo isn't EA and probably will never come close to EA level but this one profile per switch, force online membership is not that too far behind. Nintendo already hire a new CEO (Bowser) that I don't like and could be a reason why Nintendo is slowly changing for the worst.
Here's the thing. From what I've seen, I think you're projecting your negative point of view towards what you think Nintendo is doing.

You have no proof that Nintendo did one profile per switch as a cash grab. You have absolutely no idea why they decided to make it this way. While one profile per switch sucks, its not something thats entirely new. In New Leaf, you could, at best, have two games per system. I know this because my mom was playing 6 different games and I had to buy her extra consoles.

Comparing Nintendo to EA is laughable. Nintendo is LEAGUES away from EA solely based on their business decisions re. games.

Here's the thing. From what I've seen, I think you're projecting your negative point of view towards what you think Nintendo is doing.

You have no proof that Nintendo did one profile per switch as a cash grab. You have absolutely no idea why they decided to make it this way. While one profile per switch sucks, its not something thats entirely new. In New Leaf, you could, at best, have two games per system. I know this because my mom was playing 6 different games and I had to buy her extra consoles.

Comparing Nintendo to EA is laughable. Nintendo is LEAGUES away from EA solely based on their business decisions re. games.

I don't get why people defend game company? They are not loyal to their fanbase only to their shareholders and pocketbook. Nintendo have said that they want every person to have their own Switch so if that not a cashgrab then I don't know what is? And a Switch can be as expensive as an Xbox or a PS4 while you don't see Sony forcing one family to buy multiple consoles do you?

New Leaf is due to the handheld limitation. There were no profile to began with on the 3DS. This is not the case with the Switch. There are 8 profiles on the Switch. Only reason it disable is due to cash grab otherwise they would give those who play alone option to have multiple profiles. Not to mention buying games is a lot cheaper than buying another console. It should have been better and only got worst.

Just like instead of having 8 character houses, Nintendo could have given people the option of adding an additional 8 animal villagers to our island and those who don't want more can stop at 10 while others that want 18 villagers, can have 18.
Post automatically merged:

I don't get why the "one island per console" complaint is so common, considering majority of Animal Crossing fans will usually prefer to have one town anyways. It's ridiculous for you to think that just because Nintendo is not working to accommodate a small portion of players that means they don't care about their customers.

A lot of people in NL (myself included) have multiple towns. And even if it wasn't true, Nintendo had no problem accomodating the small numbers of kids and parents who complaint that the villager personalities in the GC version was too "rude" and such dumb down every literation afterward. They certainly didn't do that for the majority of gamers. So you are wrong that Nintendo doesn't accomodate for a small portion of their players.

I don't get why people defend game company? They are not loyal to their fanbase only to their shareholders and pocketbook. Nintendo have said that they want every person to have their own Switch so if that not a cashgrab then I don't know what is? And a Switch can be as expensive as an Xbox or a PS4 while you don't see Sony forcing one family to buy multiple consoles do you?

New Leaf is due to the handheld limitation. There were no profile to began with on the 3DS. This is not the case with the Switch. There are 8 profiles on the Switch. Only reason it disable is due to cash grab otherwise they would give those who play alone option to have multiple profiles. Not to mention buying games is a lot cheaper than buying another console. It should have been better and only got worst.

Just like instead of having 8 character houses, Nintendo could have given people the option of adding an additional 8 animal villagers to our island and those who don't want more can stop at 10 while others that want 18 villagers, can have 18.

A lot of people in NL (myself included) have multiple towns. And even if it wasn't true, Nintendo had no problem accomodating the small numbers of kids and parents who complaint that the villager personalities in the GC version was too "rude" and such dumb down every literation afterward. They certainly didn't do that for the majority of gamers. So you are wrong that Nintendo doesn't accomodate for a small portion of their players.

1. "Nintendo have said that they want every person to have their own Switch so if that not a cashgrab then I don't know what is?" Hey buddy, I don't know if you know this, but Nintendo is a company, and guess what, companies need to make money. Woooooow, can you believe it?

2. "And a Switch can be as expensive as an Xbox or a PS4 while you don't see Sony forcing one family to buy multiple consoles do you?" 10 years ago, I lived with my mom, her boyfriend and his three children, my 2 brothers, and a cousin. My mom struggled to make ends meet and get food on the table. We had full on wars in the house because we fought over AA batteries, sugar, and snacks. But guess what? Me, my 2 brothers, my cousin, AND my "step-brother" all had at least one console (X-Boxs and DS's/3DS's) We worked to earn money to buy games and consoles. We weren't forced to buy multiple consoles either, but we did it anyways because we were stubborn little brats that didn't like to share lol

3. "Nintendo had no problem accomodating the small numbers of kids and parents who complaint that the villager personalities in the GC version was too "rude" and such dumb down every literation afterward." You realize that rude villagers and Resetti traumatized young children and made them cry, right? They HAD to. Also, being a jerk is not a personality and the characters were not any better when they were a-holes to everyone.

Last edited:

I'm not defending a company. I am only pointing out that you have no proof as to any of the things you claim Nintendo is doing, only your opinions and speculation.

On that note, this conversation is no longer of any interest to me and I want to watch my TV show, so I am going to sum up my point -

I don't care if you meant something different by what you said, but I personally took offence to, what came across as a put down to anyone who earned NMTs through legitimate trading. The reality is, when you have a conversation with someone, it doesnt matter what you mean to say, it matters how its received and that was how multiple people understood what you said.

The last thing is - You don't have to like what is going on. You don't have to participate in the ridiculous inflation which will inevitably come down, but you should not be putting down other people, their hard work and the way they choose to play the game. Judge all you want, but keep it to yourself if you have nothing kind to say.

Peace ✌

1. "Nintendo have said that they want every person to have their own Switch so if that not a cashgrab then I don't know what is?" Hey buddy, I don't know if you know this, but Nintendo is a company, and guess what, companies need to make money. Woooooow, can you believe it?

2. "And a Switch can be as expensive as an Xbox or a PS4 while you don't see Sony forcing one family to buy multiple consoles do you?" 10 years ago, I lived with my mom, her boyfriend and his three children, my 2 brothers, and a cousin. My mom struggled to make ends meet and get food on the table. We had full on wars in the house because we fought over AA batteries, sugar, and snacks. But guess what? Me, my 2 brothers, my cousin, AND my "step-brother" all had at least one console (X-Boxs and DS's/3DS's) We worked to earn money to buy games and consoles. No one forced us to buy multiple consoles, but we did it anyways because we were stubborn little brats that didn't like to share lol

3. "Nintendo had no problem accomodating the small numbers of kids and parents who complaint that the villager personalities in the GC version was too "rude" and such dumb down every literation afterward." You realize that rude villagers and Resetti traumatized young children and made them cry, right? They HAD to. Also, being a jerk is not a personality and the characters were not any better when they were a-holes to everyone.

I don't know what to tell you but only a small percentage of young children cry. You don't think I was young when I first played Animal Crossing? If these children can't handle it, then this isn't a game for them, just like not everyone should play violence game like Grand Theft Auto if they are prone to violence tendency. Just like you shouldn't go on social media if you are afraid of being hurt as cyber bullying sadly exist. Why ruin it for the rest of us?

There are plenty of other games to play that won't hurt your feeling. The majority of gamers don't have a problem with jerk villagers and resetti. In fact most people are missing those two things but yet despite being the majority can't do anything about it? How does that make any sense. If I was Nintendo, I would say screw the minority, majority should always rule.

So just because some kids cry and parent complains, I and many have to suffer as a result? And cute animal being downright nasty is literally funny as heck and humor is the best medicine. I take it you are happy with how stupidly boring New Leaf animals were? They were so bad I didn't even want to talk to any of the villagers for prolong time because they were strip of any personality.

Kids will end up being adult someday so they have plenty of time. If they can't handle it then, then they will eventually once they grow and mature a bit. But a lot of kids love the mean personality because they understand what is reality and what isn't.

When will people finally understand the fact that if you hack your game , you will just put the villagers you want and not "ruin" the economy of a nintendo game/internet forum?

In ACNL my dreamies were Fang , Curt and others , and when I started hacking i just added them , I did not went here to offer big-ass amounts of bells for them and go through a way long process.

I understand the fact that you are annoyed because frankly the prices for some npc's are quite stupid , but it's also stupid to instantly blame hacking.

Besides , the state of the hacking scene in the Nintendo Switch is quite dangerous , since making any kind of modification to your console and connecting it to the internet could make you get banned* , so how come someone would hack NMT or Bells into their game to then connect to the internet to get a villager and then proceed to get banned?

*afaik these bans ONLY apply if you do CFW **** on your console , i'm not sure if you can get banned for only editing a save file , either way , why would someone still do all that process of trading?

I don't know what to tell you but only a small percentage of young children cry. You don't think I was young when I first played Animal Crossing? If these children can't handle it, then this isn't a game for them, just like not everyone should play violence game like Grand Theft Auto if they are prone to violence tendency. Just like you shouldn't go on social media if you are afraid of being hurt as cyber bullying sadly exist. Why ruin it for the rest of us?

There are plenty of other games to play that won't hurt your feeling. The majority of gamers don't have a problem with jerk villagers and resetti. In fact most people are missing those two things but yet despite being the majority can't do anything about it? How does that make any sense. If I was Nintendo, I would say screw the minority, majority should always rule.

So just because some kids cry and parent complains, I and many have to suffer as a result? And cute animal being downright nasty is literally funny as heck and humor is the best medicine. I take it you are happy with how stupidly boring New Leaf animals were? They were so bad I didn't even want to talk to any of the villagers for prolong time because they were strip of any personality.

Kids will end up being adult someday so they have plenty of time. If they can't handle it then, then they will eventually once they grow and mature a bit. But a lot of kids love the mean personality because they understand what is reality and what isn't.
i feel like i've seen a lot of your posts on this matter before 😂

a lot of the animal crossing player base is made up of adults, of course, but nintendo is a consistently family friendly company and the target audience is children and their families - not adults. they are a business - they do not want potential customers to switch to other games. "just because some kids cry and parent complains" is a major concern for them, and if removing the "downright nasty" dialogue from villagers/resetti is what will make the majority of consumers happier, then that is what nintendo will do. it makes the game more accessible for all! and you know they have put much more effort in making personalities better than they were in new leaf.

thanks! i won't be responding to any comments but this thread was rly a wild ride to read :)

After reading this I want to read a thread where everyone is only allowed to respond using their fav villager’s sayings. Anyways this thread has already kept me up past bedtime and 40 winks is never enough.

After reading this I want to read a thread where everyone is only allowed to respond using their fav villager’s sayings. Anyways this thread has already kept me up past bedtime and 40 winks is never enough.
i absolutely agree, and to start it off:
"let them drink cream"

but fr, this post was wild to read, and to be honest i have no idea what has been said cos it was just a trainwreck from beginning to end, but to everyone here, just please remember to breathe, im worried one of yalls is gonna pop an artery.

Have you tried earning 2,000 miles? If so, are you seriously telling me that the time it took to earn 2000 miles was literally worth 250,000 bells? Sorry if it sounds like I am being audacious, I'm not. Just trying to make a point.

The getaway package is worth 5000 miles, and that surely isn't worth 625,000 IGB

I mean, 2k miles will take around 10 minutes to make if you're doing the nook miles+ objectives, while 250k bells takes about an hour or more to make, depending on how you're trying to make it.

From my perspective I don't have the game yet but my 11 year old son does(I'm definitely in the older crowd here so I'm giving a vast perspective.)
You have to keep in mind these things.
1. just about all kids are out of school right now so grinding for 2000 tickets litterally is nothing for these kids right now. The stalk market is NOT the problem and Ive seen it mention that some think going to other peoples island for the best prices to sell was cheating LOL as if. Listen if it was cheating Nintendo would not allow it up right so NO it is NOT cheating. Make some friends on differnt forums and look around for the best prices. You ARE NOT limited to just your island.
2. The game just came out 3 weeks ago. Settle down, relax and just enjoy the game and prices WILL come down.
3.I'm simply sensing jealousy or being envious is a better word. Listen stop paying so much attention to how and what others are doing. You are ruining it for yourself. 4.I mention this before but there ARE other forums you can check out to find better prices if you think the ones you are seeing on this forum are too high. 5.Goes with number 2; the game just came out and you or anyone else (not even Nintendo regardless of how many patches they come out with and they know this too) can control the simple fact that people have this insane desire for instant gratification (you are displaying them yourself by wanting said villager instead of just maybe waiting till things start to die down a little) instead pick goals YOU yourself know you can achieve instead of caring so much how others are playing and what they are doing. Not only that you are comparing to just this forum here.
6.again comparing what you can do to what others can do is just not the best way to go about this. Your examples you gave are NOT suspicious in the way you think they are. There are some things that are obvious to the Mods here but not some of the examples you gave.

It just feels like your trying to blame everyone else and say they are cheating because they can do something you can't. Again ruining it for yourself. Even if someone is blatantly cheating it is not up to you and no doesnt effect the game as much as you think(in the long run) and doesn't effect YOUR GAME.
Comparing and caring way too much about what others are doing is only gonna make you angry and ruin your own game play. Again its only been out for three weeks. I have also played AC since it's very beginning and all Ive seen are just natural progression of just how people are with these types of games both the cheating side and non cheating side.
Please I ask you to take a breath, stop paying so much attention to what others are doing because you can't control how others play whether YOU think its fair or not.

Lastly PLEASE dont ever compare something horrible that happened in history TO A GAME! That is highly inappropriate and there is no justification for it. A game is NOTHING like what you compared it to. Maybe you are young(I don't know but it sounds like you are) and don't get or understand how that is so out of line but take it from someone older(over 40) what you said can hurt or upset a lot of people and I don't think you mean too but remember this is just a GAME. Not real life.
Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
I would really really really hate this and would be quite upset if they decided to change it to non-drop-able. There are legitimate reasons to want to drop NMT (eg, I borrowed from a friend or I want to gift them to my mom).

They can add a mail to friend option. I don't see someone mailin 2500 NMTs one-by-one. (and 2 per day)

1. It's just a game. Who cares if people hack, time travel, buy tickets online (eBay, Etsy, etc).

There's a reason nearly 100% of MMORPGs ban you for buying gold.

I agree with your statement but it's not true that you have to had different 3ds for more towns. I had like 8 towns at the end and only one 3ds. It's because the save is on the cartridge. You could have endless towns if you buy more cartridges and they can all be played on the same 3ds without issue.

instead of worrying about a video game economy worry about the current global recession were in right now lol but i do think mods should regulate the market (keeping in line with my liberal views).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back