• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Cheating in animal crossing new horizons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel people are taking things I say out of context or assume to understand my perspective. I'm against duper, and I'm fine with people who TT as long as they are not abusing it. Without TT, a lot of people who work a lot won't be able to fully enjoy this game. Or a lot of people would quit this game if they didn't TT their first several days because every AC game start slow. Its when people abuse it, show off their town, spoil it for everyone else and forcing Nintendo to remove contents from the game in fear of leak is when I have a problem.
Here's the problem. What you consider to be abusing the TT system might not be what someone else considers it to be. Take your example. Why is it considering abusing the system if someone literally only wants to play animal crossing for the decorating aspect? Are they meant to wait forever to unlock the furniture just so they can do what they want? How is it fair to those players of people are pitchforking against them because they deem it as abusing the system?

I get that it sucks that people have time travelled and spoiled the game. But guess what? If you really didn't want to see spoilers, you can avoid them. I didn't get the game on launch day and have successfully avoided anything that would ruin the game for me. It sucks, but thats how it goes.

It's more complicated than that. He may not have cheated, but if cheaters have massively inflated the market, he was earning waaaaay more than he normally should have for the efforts he made. So it distorts the entire market =\ (Not saying he did anything wrong)

That exactly what my point but I guess people just take what I say at face value and not the meaning/reason behind why I say what I say.

I'm sorry but, what the hell? So by your logic, trading is cheating for you? That's the most ludicrous logic I've seen today. I know you put cheating in quotation marks but lmao, WHAT? Understandable that you want to play slow but branding others as cheats for playing with the market is just absurd to me? Your opinion is valid about the frustration of how the economy is but this ain't it.

I saw someone on Facebook say how they felt multiplayer was cheating because you could (theoretically) get everything by yourself lol

Nintendo have shown they don't care about their fans or what their fans want. Look at Pokemon Sword and Shield, look at the force cashgrab of New Horizon. Want another island? Time to fork down 200 to 300 (not including tax) for another console! Want to get all the flowers, fruits, and color varation of each NM items? Well you must buy a paid online membership!

So what makes you think they won't later down the line enforce micro-transaction? They already starting down that dark path with their New Horizon cash grab. None of these things existed in New Leaf. You could get all fruits in NL and only reason you couldn't have multiple profile on the Switch was due to the limitation of the console.

Woah, woah, woah, buddy! Game Freak developed the Pokemon games, NOT Nintendo. Nintendo barely has any say in the development of the games, they just publish it and own a third of the IP.

Nintendo have shown they don't care about their fans or what their fans want. Look at Pokemon Sword and Shield, look at the force cashgrab of New Horizon. Want another island? Time to fork down 200 to 300 (not including tax) for another console! Want to get all the flowers, fruits, and color varation of each NM items? Well you must buy a paid online membership!

So what makes you think they won't later down the line enforce micro-transaction? They already starting down that dark path with their New Horizon cash grab. None of these things existed in New Leaf. You could get all fruits in NL and only reason you couldn't have multiple profile on the Switch was due to the limitation of the console.
Pokémon isn’t Nintendo tho
I’ve also gotten various other fruits from my villagers...only thing I can agree with is the one island per switch part

It's more complicated than that. He may not have cheated, but if cheaters have massively inflated the market, he was earning waaaaay more than he normally should have for the efforts he made. So it distorts the entire market =\ (Not saying he did anything wrong)
Does it though? 200 is really not that much depending on what you're doing to earn it.

If you got great turnip prices, you charge them for entry. I've seen the rates at 4NMT for 600bell price. Thats only 50 people. 4 nook tickets is easy to get individually, but if 50 people are paying one person, it sounds like a lot.

I'm not frustrated with the economy as I don't bother with it. But I do care about other people and how frustrated the non-cheater are having to deal with their dreamy and that take away my energy. I'm also against anyone buying NMT with real money because that will lead to micro-transaction by Nintendo in future games. Once I find my ebay account, I will start reporting ebay sellers that sell NMT.

I'm a very patience person, if it take me years to find my dreamy, so be it. Its the journey, not the destination. If someone give me dreamies or money or anything in AC, I wouldn't take it. Only thing I want is non-native fruits, flowers and various color of each NM DIY and items that I can't get on my own because Nintendo want to force everyone to get online membership so micro-transaction is not far out of the equation.

You just said my opinion is valid and then you said it isn't, so which is it?

Actually, who's forcing anyone to actually put this much effort for their dreamies? No one but themselves. I worked my ass off selling turnips, tossing my anxiety to the garbage bin and personally asked Japanese twitter turnip hosts to let me sell some turnips (they're posting amazing prices so, how can I not take that chance?) No one asked me to sit through grinding but only my desire to have Raymond and by a stroke of luck, I bought him for 350m + 40NMT from a very patient and understanding seller. Same goes for people who go through lengths to grind NMT or even, spending their IRL money for him. It's really just how people are. Considering there's also a global-wide pandemic right now, people have enough free time to do whatever. My main frustration only stems from the aftermath of the duplication glitch that rendered bells useless.

And I respect your decision to take it easy and refuse online interactions but people like myself love to be involved with the player market because personally, it's fun. You can express distate for it but don't go as far as calling it illegitimate/unfair/cheating because had it been "illegitimate" then Nintendo wouldn't've introduced online multiplayer for AC. (Also, this part is entirely optional and you can play the game offline and local wireless so...? You don't have to partake in it?)

"You just said my opinion is valid and then you said it isn't, so which is it?"

I was talking about this specific quote:
Well it might not be consider "cheating" but you didn't do it on your own, you rely on other people to make money for you.

You might have said "props to not cheating" at the end of that line but that's entirely irrelevant to what you were insinuating. If you acknowledged that this isn't cheating then you wouldn't've mentioned this at all. There's no agenda here. What are you talking about?

Well what you're saying in your posts heavily implies you are anti-TT, we only know what you give us.

I am anti-TT (myself only) but I'm not against people who TT. Meaning I don't want Nintendo to ever get rid of TT because there are exception to every rule. There are people that TT because they have no other choice. I'm only against TT when people abuse it. Like TT to get NMT while people who don't TT can't complete with those who TT to get their dreamy. If you TT because of work or because you are bore and lack things to do, then that absolutely fine. I fine with people who TT to get a villager into boxes or to trade with others. I myself will never do it. I actually recommend people who are new to the AC franchise to TT for their first several days if they find the game slow and lack things to do.

This entire thread is a trainwreck
Lol,

I mean, there are some fair points here and there. But I think people are trying too hard to say that their personal opinions are right (and I would like to point out that I do NOT mean one specific person, I mean in general). I've been on TBT for a long time and I honestly don't understand why there is such a sudden influx of hate towards TT'ers.

I'm in the same boat you are. I've been playing every AC game since gamecube, and it wasn't until NL where I found this site and found out about trading villagers. It was fairly easy with tbt, but with that being on hold, prices are way too inflated and NMTs are the hottest currency. Yes, I want Raymond, but there is no way I'm paying 2000 NMT for him. There's no possible way for me. I just wanna enjoy the game without this extra added stress. Yeah, I could just not go on this site and isolate myself in my island, but that's no fun!

Actually, who's forcing anyone to actually put this much effort for their dreamies? No one but themselves. I worked my ass off selling turnips, tossing my anxiety to the garbage bin and personally asked Japanese twitter turnip hosts to let me sell some turnips (they're posting amazing prices so, how can I not take that chance?) No one asked me to sit through grinding but only my desire to have Raymond and by a stroke of luck, I bought him for 350m + 40NMT from a very patient and understanding seller. Same goes for people who go through lengths to grind NMT or even, spending their IRL money for him. It's really just how people are. Considering there's also a global-wide pandemic right now, people have enough free time to do whatever. My main frustration only stems from the aftermath of the duplication glitch that rendered bells useless.

And I respect your decision to take it easy and refuse online interactions but people like myself love to be involved with the player market because personally, it's fun. You can express distate for it but don't go as far as calling it illegitimate/unfair/cheating because had it been "illegitimate" then Nintendo wouldn't've introduced online multiplayer for AC. (Also, this part is entirely optional and you can play the game offline and local wireless so...? You don't have to partake in it?)

"You just said my opinion is valid and then you said it isn't, so which is it?"

I was talking about this specific quote:

You might have said "props to not cheating" at the end of that line but that's entirely irrelevant to what you were insinuating. If you acknowledged that this isn't cheating then you wouldn't've mentioned this at all. There's no agenda here. What are you talking about?

This is frustrating. You and other don't seem to understand the context that I am after. I'm not against trading, but this is not the time where we can say that most trading is fair because people will charge NMT just for other to use their able sister shop. That is taking advantage of others. It one thing to ask for NMT for allowing other to sell their turnips for a high price in your island, it another to exploit others just for being on their island.

Also you keep assuming things about me. I'm not somone who like playing alone but I will go online and play with others when there are actually things to do such as island tournaments, visiting other players island, trading and stuff when it actually reasonable though I mostly just give things away. I went online in New Leaf met several good folks, one even gave me 1 millions bell (on this forum no less) though I decline. But right now I only see "greed" and I see other taking advantage of the situation. You may not like my opinion but I only have good intention.

I don't want people who don't TT/Dupe or any other method get screw over by those who do. I want AC to be a friendly game, not a game where greed is the main determinating factor. There enough greed in this capitalistic world as is. But I am not against TT, Trading (I did so back in NL) if it for the right reason. This isn't a black and white thing, there always a shade of grey.
Post automatically merged:

Pokémon isn’t Nintendo tho
I’ve also gotten various other fruits from my villagers...only thing I can agree with is the one island per switch part

Yes but it still publish by Nintendo and game publishers have more power and control than game developers. With that said, Pokemon is the fault of the developer. But if Nintendo wanted to, they could force the developers to increase staff size and make a much better game. I mean they are making billions in sale with the Pokemon franchise alone, and yet can't even get more than 200+ staffs? That just absolute greed. Nintendo is no different from EA or Ubisoft, they just have more of a reputation to keep than either of those two.

Yes but it still publish by Nintendo and game publishers have more power and control than game developers. With that said, Pokemon is the fault of the developer. But if Nintendo wanted to, they could force the developers to increase staff size and make a much better game. I mean they are making billions in sale with the Pokemon franchise alone, and yet can't even get more than 200+ staffs? That just absolute greed. Nintendo is no different from EA or Ubisoft, they just have more of a reputation to keep than either of those two.

Comparing Nintendo to EA is a little much, don't you think? Nintendo has done some crappy things, but definitely not as much to be compared to freaking EA.

Comparing Nintendo to EA is a little much, don't you think? Nintendo has done some crappy things, but definitely not as much to be compared to freaking EA.

One profile per Switch is the biggest cashgrab I can think off. 200 to 300 dollars for another save file? Profile exist on the Switch console, it should never be lock for any reason. Only different between Nintendo and EA is that Nintendo has more good than bad games and they also don't do yearly release. They also have a reputation to uphold since they also make their own console.

EA on the other hand can live off their sport franchise forever since they are mostly all monopoly (bought rights to them) and because sport gamers can't say no to EA.

And you are right, Nintendo isn't EA and probably will never come close to EA level but this one profile per switch, force online membership is not that too far behind. Nintendo already hire a new CEO (Bowser) that I don't like and could be a reason why Nintendo is slowly changing for the worst.

One profile per Switch is the biggest cashgrab I can think off. 200 to 300 dollars for another save file? Profile exist on the Switch console, it should never be lock for any reason. Only different between Nintendo and EA is that Nintendo has more good than bad games and they also don't do yearly release. They also have a reputation to uphold since they also make their own console.
You have to remember one extremely important thing about Nintendo... They are a family company. They have always spoken of bringing families together to play. I think their intentions with this was not a cash grab, but to allow families to play on the same island together but have their own separate files. And personally? I've seen a lot of parents and children enjoying being able to share an island.

Not everything has to be bad. The one island is not some sort of nefarious cash grab scheme from Nintendo, it was probably just a misguided attempt at continuing to be "family friendly" as they always have been.

EA on the other hand can live off their sport franchise forever since they are mostly all monopoly (bought rights to them) and because sport gamers can't say no to EA.

And you are right, Nintendo isn't EA and probably will never come close to EA level but this one profile per switch, force online membership is not that too far behind. Nintendo already hire a new CEO (Bowser) that I don't like and could be a reason why Nintendo is slowly changing for the worst.

I don't get why the "one island per console" complaint is so common, considering majority of Animal Crossing fans will usually prefer to have one town anyways. It's ridiculous for you to think that just because Nintendo is not working to accommodate a small portion of players that means they don't care about their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back