• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Cheating in animal crossing new horizons

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I see it:

1. It's just a game. Who cares if people hack, time travel, buy tickets online (eBay, Etsy, etc).

2. Villagers who are popular are going to sell for than an average villager. This is called supply and demand, as I stated in the Raymond thread. Price gouging isn't fair, yes, but no one says that you have to give them your money.

3. I don't think the mods need to crack down on anyone. How people play their game is their business, even if we may not agree with it. The Bell Tree has nothing to do with how people play Animal Crossing as a whole.

4. People who play the game how they choose doesn't make them cheaters just because it's not the traditional way of playing it.
5. Be patient. Getting villagers you want takes time. If you can't find reasonable prices online, just island hop for a while.

6. I don't if the wage gap and segregation are the right terms to use in the issues around pricing in an Animal Crossing game. I mean, come on- this game was originally for children anyway. Why are grown adults having hissy fits about over the fact they can't have the cat they want? This comment is directed at no one specific, just the issue's attitude as a whole.

7. To reiterate: it's just a game.
I think we all understand this is a game, and people are free to play the game themselves however they want including cheating, but on these forums we're trying to have a trading community where people can help each other and when someone who cheats participates on the trading boards here and inflates the prices, they harm everyone here. Even if someone legitimately earned thousands of NMT by grinding for hundreds of hours, it still ruins the trading boards because most people don't have that kind of time to put into a video game. When someone is going through the effort to get hundreds of NMT to buy a villager, or when someone is accepting that many NMT for a villager when it takes a lot of time just to use those NMT, you have to wonder if they even realize this is just a game.

That's actually insane. Wow. I'm so glad I'm not on the hunt for Raymond or Audie. RIP to those that are. You're gonna end up getting ripped off at this rate.

People are buying raymond for 2000 tickets..... how is that fair? How am i supposed to get 2000 tickets without cheating?

So, I 100% agree that the cost of Raymond is absolutely ridiculous.

However, it is very possible to get 2000 tickets without cheating. I made almost 200NMT yesterday alone and I don't cheat, hack or time travel.

Maybe it’s time for Nintendo to do another update. Make it where you can only earn Nook Miles from daily initiatives when your Switch time is synchronized to the internet time. That means, if your Switch is on a different date than in real life, Nook Miles + won’t give you any objectives. But if both are on the same date, it will have objectives. They can also restrict Nook Miles Tickets to three per day.

Maybe it’s time for Nintendo to do another update. Make it where you can only earn Nook Miles from daily initiatives when your Switch time is synchronized to the internet time. That means, if your Switch is on a different date than in real life, Nook Miles + won’t give you any objectives. But if both are on the same date, it will have objectives. They can also restrict Nook Miles Tickets to three per day.

this will not help at all its like people dont read the replies in here lol I tt a lot to cycle villagers to giveaway and i do not have anywhere near the nook miles for these prices. TTing is not the problem people are, everyone that buys and sells for tons of nook miles are

Yeah, uh, no. That's horrible if you're a legit player trying to island hop for a certain villager.

My girlfriend recommended that maybe Nook Miles Tickets have an expiration date?? Like if you buy tickets in April, they can only be used for that month before they expire.

This gives people the incentive to use them quickly, and not to hoard them. Not sure if I enjoy the idea because if I want to save up 1,000 Nook Tickets on my own to get a villager, I should be able to, but it could give people the incentive to use them asap since they'd expire in a month's time.

Or just have the tickets sent straight to the Dodo Airlines place since they showed that it's possible from the beginning of the game.

It's Just A Game™ is almost always used in conjunction with behavior that negatively impacts others. It's a corollary to the Narcissist's Prayer IMHO. I'm not fond of how averse people are these days to calling out bad behavior. Spewing abuse at others is generally uncalled for, but the entire gaming scene would be better if more people stopped defending or condoning bad behavior.

People are buying raymond for 2000 tickets..... how is that fair? How am i supposed to get 2000 tickets without cheating? Why is this being allowed? There really needs to be regulation on these kinds of things so for people who play the game legitimately such as myself can have a fair chance in obtaining our desired villagers. I've been playing this game since I was a child and I started off on the original one on the gamecube. When I was playing the original crossing on gamecube I didnt get to choose whether I wanted raymond or Audie for 2000 tickets because frankly they didn't quite exist at the moment yet. However, when I got to city folk it was there that I realized the true tribulations and trials that come with the animal crossing economy and stock market. Here I had to learn how to pay off my house and save all my bells and resources to use them effectively If I wanted to have the authetntic animal crossing experience that this game provides. It was after I sold all of my ghroids had I learned the pain that is attatched to these small cute animal game. It broke me having to get rid of my precious gyroids to pay off my debt, had it not been for the bells I would have never even gotten it off . New leaf, however, was where the entire stock market CRASHED, New leaf was the start of the downfall of the animal crossing stock market. It was decided in new leaf that turnips would be more accessible and they would be easier to yield profits from by selling them to the pretty pink alpaca located in the retail store. Had it not been for this lady then the prices of said villagers would not be so inflated and the economy wouldn't be in the state it is today.

Now come New horizons and its virtually impossible to obtain the villagers you want without having to bend your back sell your horse and mortage and donate all your children for! This is dang ridiculous if I had to say something myself and I am hecking tired of it!. The segregation that is being ENABLED by the mods of this site if frankly sickening and the wage gap between an average animal crossing player and someone who has spent years hacking their game needs to be directly closed or the people will continue to suffer under the might of cheaters.

Looking back at it, I see how it was hard for the normal player to purchase something or keep up with demand back then. Then again, only IGB and items were a thing people wanted to trade with, among villagers, so even the "normal player" could gain bells to get what they want, since hackers did run amok on islands, handing out bells at times or just knowing someone that had an AR could allow them to gain access to that too. Since the AR iirc was available to purchase for like $30 back at Gamestop, people could just get whatever they wanted with cheats (Not that it was right of course, but nobody could stop them) Sadly, we all saw what a mess NL became when a bunch of hackers ended up just doing whatever, even as far as going to take control of your character.

The thing here is that the Switch is not able to be hacked without illegally doing so. How these people are getting all of these NM for NMT is beyond me. I hear there was a dupe glitch exposed? I never even knew about it if so. Sadly, regardless, people will do what they must in order to get dreamies or items. I don't know how the mods think they can stop a lot of people from selling villagers for ridiculous prices since there is so many people that seemed to have been exposed to this glitch and used it. They would have to track so many players on here down, and then they say they will give them a warning if they do so, not a immediate ban. I remember just trying to report people back in the day for not living up to their word on trades and even THEN it took a lot of convincing from the mods part before any action was taken, so I sadly don't expect this to go any time soon...
Post automatically merged:

Looking back at it, I see how it was hard for the normal player to purchase something or keep up with demand back then. Then again, only IGB and items were a thing people wanted to trade with, among villagers, so even the "normal player" could gain bells to get what they want, since hackers did run amok on islands, handing out bells at times or just knowing someone that had an AR could allow them to gain access to that too. Since the AR iirc was available to purchase for like $30 back at Gamestop, people could just get whatever they wanted with cheats (Not that it was right of course, but nobody could stop them) Sadly, we all saw what a mess NL became when a bunch of hackers ended up just doing whatever, even as far as going to take control of your character.

The thing here is that the Switch is not able to be hacked without illegally doing so. How these people are getting all of these NM for NMT is beyond me. I hear there was a dupe glitch exposed? I never even knew about it if so. Sadly, regardless, people will do what they must in order to get dreamies or items. I don't know how the mods think they can stop a lot of people from selling villagers for ridiculous prices since there is so many people that seemed to have been exposed to this glitch and used it. They would have to track so many players on here down, and then they say they will give them a warning if they do so, not a immediate ban. I remember just trying to report people back in the day for not living up to their word on trades and even THEN it took a lot of convincing from the mods part before any action was taken, so I sadly don't expect this to go any time soon...I can only meanwhile hope Julian appears in my tents or some nice person appears with an IGB offer I can do lol

this will not help at all its like people dont read the replies in here lol I tt a lot to cycle villagers to giveaway and i do not have anywhere near the nook miles for these prices. TTing is not the problem people are, everyone that buys and sells for tons of nook miles are
It’s ridiculous, but buyers and sellers have the right to price items and villagers at any price they want. Trying to regulate how many tickets can be sold for one villager isn’t going to do good. That’s why I suggested nerfing time traveling. But there are also people who worked hard to earn these tickets.

My suggestion would to make the ticket non-dropable, or send them straight to DAL and not the inventory.

Same. I didn't get ththe Marshall hype. He always reminded me of Justin Bieber for some reason. Lmao.

I'm one of the few that just wants a smug, adorable business cat. It cute in one of those ways a 4yr plays pretend that they are some CEO of a company. "Yes, dear. So business. You're in charge." ... even tho he is a dreamie of mine, I wont be belling out (=3) the money for him. I'll keep checking my tours and campsite.
It’s ridiculous, but buyers and sellers have the right to price items and villagers at any price they want. Trying to regulate how many tickets can be sold for one villager isn’t going to do good. That’s why I suggested nerfing time traveling. But there are also people who worked hard to earn these tickets.

How would "nerfing" TT even help? if its peoples faults, dupers faults, heres an idea instead of nook tickets Nintendo makes it so you spend the actual nook miles to go to an island. Was that so hard to come up with a "good" solution. Not to mention its most of everyones faults on here the prices are so outrageous

It's Just A Game™ is almost always used in conjunction with behavior that negatively impacts others. It's a corollary to the Narcissist's Prayer IMHO. I'm not fond of how averse people are these days to calling out bad behavior. Spewing abuse at others is generally uncalled for, but the entire gaming scene would be better if more people stopped defending or condoning bad behavior.
where is the lie

My suggestion would to make the ticket non-dropable, or send them straight to DAL and not the inventory.
I was also thinking that if I ever get Raymond (who isn’t one of my dream villagers), I could try to sell him for one of the most coveted collectibles on this site, including the Sweet Feather, Red Pinwheel, Star Glow Wand, and even the Weird Doll. It may not go through well, but at least I wouldn’t do it for NMT.

Wow, I'm glad I'm not planning to get into villager trading if this entire thread is up in arms about Raymond and the inflation surrounding him. Though I'm pretty sure it's just the height, I'm only planning to slightly dip my toes into the economy by selling flower hybrids for bells once I get a good idea how to go at breeding them consistently (I prefer bells over NMT). But I've seen this kind of thing before in other online economies, he should go down in price once the hype around him dies down. Right now supply and demand seems to be demanding the seemingly impossible price.

I would really really really hate this and would be quite upset if they decided to change it to non-drop-able. There are legitimate reasons to want to drop NMT (eg, I borrowed from a friend or I want to gift them to my mom).

My girlfriend recommended that maybe Nook Miles Tickets have an expiration date?? Like if you buy tickets in April, they can only be used for that month before they expire.

This gives people the incentive to use them quickly, and not to hoard them. Not sure if I enjoy the idea because if I want to save up 1,000 Nook Tickets on my own to get a villager, I should be able to, but it could give people the incentive to use them asap since they'd expire in a month's time.

Or just have the tickets sent straight to the Dodo Airlines place since they showed that it's possible from the beginning of the game.

Putting an expiration date for each ticket would complicate things and is probably super hard to code correctly, especially if tickets stack. It's kinda why things like trees and bamboo stalks don't stack despite being identical, each ticket in your inventory would have an 'identity' if that makes sense. Idk the right word for it-

As someone that currently has over 50mill in the Bank and over 200 NMT I find highly offensive that it could be considered cheating of any kind for me to have that amount.

I’m an Animal Crossing veteran, I had the GameCube game on Pre-Order and have literally put Thousands upon thousands of hours into the franchise. I have been a part of this forum since early New Leaf so when New Horizons came out did I scrimp and save by selling fish and fruit? No I didn’t because that’s not where the money is, the money is in two places... a) the turnips and b) having something that people want. So instead of scrimping in days 1, 2 and 3 I found out what Sets were available in game, traded with people on here until I had the full set (antique was my first) and then let people catalogue them for Bells & NMT, this started off at 25k Bells or 1 NMT and a week ago I had someone pay me 50 NMT to Catalogue two different sets,

Have I in any way cheated to get where I am right now? Absolutely not, I have used good business sense to find a market and be one of the first ones to market something people want. In doing so I have in 19 days since release played the game for over 160 hours, that’s 160 hours of mainly trading because it’s something I like to do,

Could any single person that buys this game have done the exact same thing I did? Yes they could. To be called a cheat for having the big money is massively offensive after 160 hours of grinding out deals. I took part in no glitching, no cheating and to my knowledge never took the bells of anyone that did,

This game is fantastic in that you can play it however you like, if you want to sit back, relax play for two hours a day you can, if you want to become the Richard Branson of Animal Crossing and sit on piles of legitimate bells you can, everyone’s experience is different,

don’t be bitter because people are having a different experience to you.

Well it might not be consider "cheating" but you didn't do it on your own, you rely on other people to make money for you. With that said prop to you for not cheating. Though I can never understand how someone want to make so much money in a game that meant to play for years and is suppose to be relaxing? Seeing how my average income the first week was only 50K and now in my 2nd week it around 130K per day, that progress that is rewarding, if it shot up to hundred of millions, I would quit this game.

So, I 100% agree that the cost of Raymond is absolutely ridiculous.

However, it is very possible to get 2000 tickets without cheating. I made almost 200NMT yesterday alone and I don't cheat, hack or time travel.
Whats your process for getting that many tickets, and is it sustainable (sustainable being defined as: doesn't depend on one offs like "go ahead be shellfish")?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back