• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Can you stop a villager moving...

What when it's their moving day? Nope. Only before, I've stopped a villager moving the day before (thank the lord)

If they're all packed up, forget it.

If you've talked to them and they said they were going to leave, but aren't in boxes yet, you can use another character to talk them out of it.

If they're all packed up, forget it.

If you've talked to them and they said they were going to leave, but aren't in boxes yet, you can use another character to talk them out of it.

It doesn't have to be with another character - it will work even with the player who told them to move in the first place. Just talk to that villager a lot and they will eventually talk about their move and you will have the option to talk them out of it.

As was stated above though, if that villager is already in boxes, it is too late.

>< I lost Rosie then. I forgot to talk to her when I TTed.

Last edited:
You can convinced them to stay before they are in boxes. Once they are packed up they are gone. ;(

If they are not in boxes yet, you could change his or her mind.. but if they are... it'd be too late D:

I don't want to lose muffy. moving date 30th how much time do I have before shes in boxes?

I don't want to lose muffy. moving date 30th how much time do I have before shes in boxes?

The 30th she will be in boxes. Just let her ping you and tell her not to move.
If you accidentally told her to, just keep talking to her. They usually eventually have 2nd thoughts and you can talk them out of it.

What they say is true. I had Rudy moving out of my town just recently. The day before he would be in boxes, I spoke to him and the game gave me the option to convince him not to move after all.

Back