• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Can I get the restart town bonus if I just started my town?

elephant64

Bells
Hello everyone, just started a new village on Animal Crossing: New Leaf right before they announced the award you would get if you restarted your town.

I'm going to try leaving the game running plugged into a charger for 20 hours. I will then visit the town, exit and change the time to a day later 20 times to get 20 real life days visited and 20 hours played in-game. However, I have just started the town and am living in a tent, don't have the permit but have planted the tree. If I do my plan, will Tom Nook show up on the screen and offer me a large amount of bells and extra storage?

Last edited:
Seems like the answer is no, you can only get Nook to offer bells if you can sit down at your town tree.

): To clarify, you'll need 50 hours and 50 days to be able to get the bonus.

Screenshot_7.jpg

It says here that I need 20 in game hours and 20 days played

Also Tom Nook won't offer you the extra storage if you restart. You have to create a home and upgrade it to at least the 2nd level and then you'll get an option to upgrade to the extra storage.

Back