• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Buying a second copy of ACNL.

glacies

summer mayor
Bells
So I've been thinking for a while and I've finally decided to buy a second copy of ACNL because I really don't want to restart. I'm quite lazy, I'm impatient, I love my villagers and I've spent a long time on my town. Anyway, I need some help with some things.

Firstly, I have no idea what I should name my town when I get the copy. At the moment I've got a town called Vaitlen. I don't know if I want them similar or related. What do you think?

Secondly, should I spend most my money on trying to get PWP in place before villagers move in and get in my way? This has happened in my current town. My favorite villager is right in the way of where I want to place a new bridge. I'm not too fussed on decorating my home, as long as the exterior looks good, I'm fine.

Thirdly, do you think I should hack my second copy? Honestly, I'm a bit scared too. I'm a bit of technophobe, even though I cannot live without all my devices and I take GCSE ICT, so I'm scared it'll mess up my 3DS or my computer or my save file.

names:
thandor, Hollow, The Rift, Abyss, Nowhere

2: you should get your villigers before pwps, makes stuff easier

3: if you're uncomfortable dont

For names, it'll help to have a specific theme in mind. But, you can also name it based on something you like, or combining two words to make it unique.

I think you should get your villagers first. It'll make things easier on you. That way, you can work around your villagers and not have unexpected animals move in to a bad area.

As for hacking, it's up to you. As long as you're careful in what you're doing, it's hard to mess up your save. Even then, you can make a backup of your town.

Hack is quite simple when you get the hang of it and it's a nice experience since you have an unhacked town.

Last edited:
Back