• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bullying Support Thread

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
The Bullying Support Thread

I’ve decided to create this thread as most people seem to be unaware of the affects bullying has on someone’s life. For the younger members that are being bullied in school, just know you are not alone. I hope others can benefit and seek advice from this thread if anyone is going through a hard time. Sometimes it can be difficult to find someone to talk to, but we are all here for you. This is a judgement-free zone.

I was bullied throughout elementary school. It gave me really bad anxiety and it was emotionally draining to go to school everyday expecting to be bullied. Nothing changed until high school when I moved to a different school district, but I was still a social outcast due to the bullying from my past. I think my school years made me feel the need to seek constant validation from people. It even translated to my adulthood somewhat. When I work at a job, and a coworker or customer is toxic or rude, I just quit and find another job. It’s become an ongoing thing because there are toxic coworkers everywhere, but I’ve had a lot of jobs due to this. While being in school, the teachers wouldn’t do anything to stop the bullying and my only escape was transferring schools. I’ve been trying different ways to deal with toxic people at work because we are adults now, but being bullied in my childhood has made it difficult to overcome this.

I’m actually really outgoing and I don’t have any problems talking with people. I consider myself extroverted. I believe that bullying was the reason for my struggles and nothing more. I think people need to take bullying more seriously. Parents need to teach their children it’s absolutely not cool to be mean to other people, and parents need to take action when they realize it happens. Bullying has affects on people that can impact someone’s life long into adulthood. This is a serious matter and schools that refuse to take action or take poor action need to be punished.

Yes I just wrote about this in another thread. Bullying removed my self esteem and made me start to have anxiety, the anxiety never went away. Bullying and low self esteem is why i moved to another country with someone 12 years older than me and was what made me stuck in 2 long controlling relationships with narcissists because I felt I didnt deserve better. I even told one of them he could get rid of me when he got bored of me. Bullying has made me feel extremely ugly and unwanted and the worst part is that one phrase they said "shes even uglier without glasses" was said to me last year by someone I was in love with "you look much better with glasses, without isnt very good" THATS... MY FACE THOUGH??.. i was hoping my face looled better now.. I am so upset that people took away my ability to love myself. I am upset I was born ugly. Not because I want to be a movie star but because they see it as their right to put me down for it. It sucks so bad to carry these feelings more than 15 years later. And to still have anxiety and ocd because of it. I also have been hating myself enough to self sabotage and work with things that stresses me out to the point of being physically damaged by it.
Do not bully people. Do not hurt them for being different or for not looking perfect. You take away their right to exist and to be human. You destroy them. Its not fair.

I’ve already talked about this extensively on other threads, so I’ll just summarize.

I dealt with infrequent teasing in Middle School and severe bullying in High School. At the time I had self esteem issues. I followed my parents advice by reporting every person who was rude to me. Word quickly spread and I became reviled. Every day was at least one rude gesture or vulgar insult. I reported every last one of them.

As a form of payback a classmate doxxed all of my forum and social media accounts. Every time I made a post about my life on there they’d gossip about it. What’s weirder is that they knew the names of all my online friends.

The school refused to do anything except lecture the students. Even the worst offenders received no punishment. I gave up by transferring schools and got treated the same way. Gossip travels fast in small towns.

By the time I graduated I developed auditory hallucinations from the trauma. Sometimes I’ll hear those classmates make comments when no one is around. Just seeing one of them in public makes me want to run. I’ve been receiving rehab for a year, but my psychiatrist can’t figure out what mental illness I’ve developed.

Sometimes the comments are real. Last week I caught two girls from school talking about my ex in a bookstore. The usual signs of my hallucinations weren’t present. There was no echo, every word they said was clear, and I wasn’t already anxious. The distress this caused was agonizing.

As long as I live in this part of my state I’ll be stuck living with the trauma. It’s hard to get over something when you’re exposed to it every day. If only this pandemic didn’t mess up my college plans...

Back