• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

BRING BACK THE ACTUALLY MEAN CRANKY VILLAGERS!

Not only do they need to make cranky villagers more mean spirited, but they also need to give us Resetti back. The resetti in New Leaf is just a huge pushover. You can easily get away with resetting without any consequence (plus he doesn't even lecture you about it!). I love Animal Crossing, but they really need to improve the personalities in the next game.

^^^^^

i feel like the personalities are really watered down to just kissing up to the player and babying the player so they feel so much more like servants rather than individual animals who have other things to do. sometimes i cant really tell the difference betwene personalities because they all say the same compliments to the mayor/player.

I feel like it would be cute if we had mean characters who didn't like anyone at first, but as you treat them nicely, they like you more and more- it feels more real, and how rewarding would it be seeing a villager who was indifferent/rude towards you initially slowly learn how to be sweet and start treating other villagers right?!

Honestly though, the meanest characters that I have come across have been snooty characters. They're friendly sometimes, and then BAM they say something underhanded and walk away. Hurts more because they treated you well before and will forget they said something rude the next time you talk haha :)

If they had to turn Mr. Resetti into an option to have in New Leaf, what makes you think they're going to bring that back.

i like how the crankies are in this game, they're all very sweet but i agree with making them more short tempered as they did in previous games, including snooty villagers. it's probably more heart warming, to me at least when they're very mean at first, then as they get more closer to you, the much friendlier they become and it'll be a slow process. i feel like nintendo watered them down because people must have gotten upset, like how resetti used to make children cry

I support this petition wholeheartedly. I loved crankies when I had to actually work for their friendship and trust. It felt a lot more realistic to me. Although they were savage as anything, I felt like they were just misunderstood. Chief is one of my favourite villagers in the entirety of the series because of how he was in older games. If I had just played new leaf, I don't think I would like him as much as I do. I like that they were harsh but still big brother like. Now they just act like old guys, whereas in older games they were a number of personality traits.

Also snooty villagers need to be a little more harsh too. I much prefer how they are now in my personal opinion, but I still think they should live up to their name and make a few harsh remarks here and there. Or atleast some snobby sounding ones.

I like it too! I don't want my town to be totally mean or totally nice. I like the mix of different types of personalities. I feel like in New Leaf, they made everyone white knights haha.

Back