• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies [Please use spoiler tags]

Oh that makes sense - he collapsed from strain from being possessed. Maybe they brought him to Eternia for treatment (like how Victoria was kept in the giant healing thing??). Then mephilia (spelling???) broke him out and they went missing for years. I gotta go find some of these theories online to read....

BD:FF was the hardest game I've ever played, but I really enjoyed the challenge. Kind of had to put the game down for a couple months though because of how hard it was though. I didn't use SP points (I couldn't figure it out...lol).

How cool was the special movie thing though? More games need to do that.

noo mephilia is one of the alternia sisters or whatever. shes the summoner boss. magnolia is the girl who saves tiz :p
magnolia reminds me a lot of edea and ringabel, maybe shes their child? i know agnes is def in the game thanks to the website but theres no news about edea or ringabel. it will be really cool to see where they ended up in the future and for them to have a really cute reunion. maybe with an even grown up egil! that be adorable tbh.

there are 4 new classes in bravely second
also

im soo excited pls come out soon. also did you know theres like a browser game of bravely default? its a little spinoff but i cant read japanese so i cant play it. the location in the video looks like ancheim just because of the windmill and crap. magnolia is so cute oh my gosh i love her in every outfit. at least the time mage outfit looks a bit better but its still tacky as hell lmao. but yeah i think the team will be like magnolia/tiz/agnes but idk for the 4th character? sadly this seems to mean that edea and ringabel wont be making a return together. i really wanna see what happened to those 2 because they were so cute together.

idk what the black bunny outfit job is? i was thinking performer, black mage or anarchist or w/e that other dark magic class was..i bet its probably something new all together. but yeah im really excited for this

im not posting any info and cant click on a tab as i have yet to finish 1st game and dont wanna spoil anything , is this info about a 2nd game cause im a bit confused ?

Sort of a mix of both?

On the later pages most things are appropriately tagged (just "spoilers" for the first game and if it's stuff for the second game, the tags usually say "bravely second spoilers".)

Stuff per chapter are sometimes labeled too. You pretty much shouldn't click a generic spoiler tag if you haven't beaten the game.

Months have passed and I have yet to boot my game again :(. I'm still having trouble with
defeating the Vampire boss and I refuse to move on with the main storyline until I have that cleared. Thinking of possibly taking the safest route and grinding my way up until my party is terrifyingly OP, haha.

I need something to keep me busy until fall term begins. ;_;

there are 4 new classes in bravely second
also

im soo excited pls come out soon. also did you know theres like a browser game of bravely default? its a little spinoff but i cant read japanese so i cant play it. the location in the video looks like ancheim just because of the windmill and crap. magnolia is so cute oh my gosh i love her in every outfit. at least the time mage outfit looks a bit better but its still tacky as hell lmao. but yeah i think the team will be like magnolia/tiz/agnes but idk for the 4th character? sadly this seems to mean that edea and ringabel wont be making a return together. i really wanna see what happened to those 2 because they were so cute together.

idk what the black bunny outfit job is? i was thinking performer, black mage or anarchist or w/e that other dark magic class was..i bet its probably something new all together. but yeah im really excited for this
ohh didn't know about the browser game. Sucks how its only in Japanese (as usual eh?)
The new town/city looks fabulous I hope there's more landmarks this time. Nor just like a weapon shop and an inn and the plot relevant place.
I hope edea and ringabel return, I'd kick Agnes off willingly haha. But then again maybe Agnes grew up in the years between bdff and bravely second? She kind of annoyed me in the first game.

Maybe its a new class? Otherwise Idk what it could be LOL maybe a preformer?
Months have passed and I have yet to boot my game again :(. I'm still having trouble with
defeating the Vampire boss and I refuse to move on with the main storyline until I have that cleared. Thinking of possibly taking the safest route and grinding my way up until my party is terrifyingly OP, haha.

I need something to keep me busy until fall term begins. ;_;
I had to put my game down for months before I got back into it :\ the difficulty curve is pretty steep :\
Grinding is a safe way of doing things though xD maybe you can modify your team builds?

Last edited:

Mhm he's weak to light, but there aren't a lot of attacks you can do with light. He's resistant to dark so yeah. I'd make sure that your characters always have high HP since he uses bone crush when there are people with low HP. His attacks are mostly physical, so look into your P DEF for your characters.

If you want to use an easy tactic (copying Biospark27's gamefaq walkthrough lol) you can have everyone be a ninja. Then give them high agility equipment and daggers. Each one of them will need these abilities.

Utsusemi (Ninja Lv. 4), Transience (Ninja Lv. 2), Turn Tables (Red Mage Lv. 4), Comeback Kid (Ninja Lv. 5). BP Recovery (Red Mage Lv. 9) and Counter Amp (Swordmaster Lv. 9) makes this faster as well.

Use Utsusemi, followed by attack on all 4 people on the first turn. Then set it to auto-battle, and sooner or later, the dragons will be defeated. You won't take any damage unless you happen to be too slow.

EDIT: I just realized that strategy was meant for the dragons. Don't know if it will work for DeRosso since I've never used it myself because I prefer to come up with my own teams, lol.

ohh didn't know about the browser game. Sucks how its only in Japanese (as usual eh?)
The new town/city looks fabulous I hope there's more landmarks this time. Nor just like a weapon shop and an inn and the plot relevant place.
I hope edea and ringabel return, I'd kick Agnes off willingly haha. But then again maybe Agnes grew up in the years between bdff and bravely second? She kind of annoyed me in the first game.

Maybe its a new class? Otherwise Idk what it could be LOL maybe a preformer?

yeah the browser game is called Praying Brage or something like that. It looks really nice because Edea looks so pretty. There's something about four maidens or whatever? They look like this.

rrUZdwM.jpg

Edea's the 2nd one from the right. She's grown up and looks adorable. Apparently in this game Edea becomes the next wind vestal.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bravely_Default:_Praying_Brage

Anyway back to Bravely Second, I would love for more things to do at locations. I really liked the new version of Ancheim, it looked a lot bigger and prettier. Also it turns out Agnes was kidnapped right after she established world peace, so she's been missing apparently? Idk, but I feel like she will somehow be found in the game and join your party lol.

Also it's the performer class. The performer looks a lot different, but I find it really cute for Magnolia. I wonder if costumes will have different color palettes on characters? I would love that.

Last edited:
I had to put my game down for months before I got back into it :\ the difficulty curve is pretty steep :\
Grinding is a safe way of doing things though xD maybe you can modify your team builds?
Mhm he's weak to light, but there aren't a lot of attacks you can do with light. He's resistant to dark so yeah. I'd make sure that your characters always have high HP since he uses bone crush when there are people with low HP. His attacks are mostly physical, so look into your P DEF for your characters.

If you want to use an easy tactic (copying Biospark27's gamefaq walkthrough lol) you can have everyone be a ninja. Then give them high agility equipment and daggers. Each one of them will need these abilities.

Utsusemi (Ninja Lv. 4), Transience (Ninja Lv. 2), Turn Tables (Red Mage Lv. 4), Comeback Kid (Ninja Lv. 5). BP Recovery (Red Mage Lv. 9) and Counter Amp (Swordmaster Lv. 9) makes this faster as well.

Use Utsusemi, followed by attack on all 4 people on the first turn. Then set it to auto-battle, and sooner or later, the dragons will be defeated. You won't take any damage unless you happen to be too slow.

EDIT: I just realized that strategy was meant for the dragons. Don't know if it will work for DeRosso since I've never used it myself because I prefer to come up with my own teams, lol.
Oh lord. It's been so long since I've played BD, I can't remember what kind of team build I had going. Thanks for the tips. I do prefer using my own strategies as well.

Something I vaguely recall from my last play [in March-Apr?] was getting completely destroyed by the monsters and DeRosso in the castle, lol. (yeah, I'm not proud of that either) My initial thought was I'm horribly under-leveled, because I could barely last a full turn without my whole team fainting. Seems my party is lacking more in the HP area than damage? I'll have to check and make some changes.

iirc I did a ton of job leveling to obtain more abilities, however my party is somewhere around the low/mid lv50s.
(and if you're wondering, yes, I disabled EXP gain at this point to keep some sort of difficulty in the game. Pretty sure this is where I went wrong. haha)

Last edited:
I have found there are 3 basic ways to beat a Boss. 1. Out Lv it . simple and yet so time consumeing. you will beat it this way and in almost all cases this tactic will work . just gonna take time.
2. Find Bosses Best Assest and build a team to counter that assest. (it is a bit faster then method 1 but still will take time.ever party member must help the other 1 in this method and ready to pick up slack in a fail moment. 3. OVERPOWER. It is risky go on attack from start with overpowering moves and leave your self open. risky and has a high death rate but if you pull off boss will be easy.

lol i never used a tag before so fail :( might need info of my own on how to place a tag. i was right to get spoiler to work guess that is a start. *facepalm* got it lol woot for non tech smart peoples

Last edited:
yeah the browser game is called Praying Brage or something like that. It looks really nice because Edea looks so pretty. There's something about four maidens or whatever? They look like this.

rrUZdwM.jpg

Edea's the 2nd one from the right. She's grown up and looks adorable. Apparently in this game Edea becomes the next wind vestal.

Anyway back to Bravely Second, I would love for more things to do at locations. I really liked the new version of Ancheim, it looked a lot bigger and prettier. Also it turns out Agnes was kidnapped right after she established world peace, so she's been missing apparently? Idk, but I feel like she will somehow be found in the game and join your party lol.

Also it's the performer class. The performer looks a lot different, but I find it really cute for Magnolia. I wonder if costumes will have different color palettes on characters? I would love that.

Wow Edea looks fabulous!! The art in Bravely Default just is amazing in general @_@ Wow.
I wonder how she travelled 200 years into the future and expected Agnes to still be alive? lol. Or maybe people age differently in Luxendarc. Hope Edea is still a party member in Bravely Second though, she's my favourite.

The new town/city in Bravely Second looks really nice too! Guatelatio?? Hopefully it gets localised into something easier to pronounce. (still dunno the JP release date though so we'll be waiting a while....). Poor Agnes though, becoming pope and getting kidnapped right after haha. They'll definitely find her though!! Typical JRPG story haha.

Ahh I thought Magnolia looked vaguely like a performer. I remember Agnes having a huge bow on her head that sorta looked like bunny ears too.

Oh lord. It's been so long since I've played BD, I can't remember what kind of team build I had going. Thanks for the tips. I do prefer using my own strategies as well.

Something I vaguely recall from my last play [in March-Apr?] was getting completely destroyed by the monsters and DeRosso in the castle, lol. (yeah, I'm not proud of that either) My initial thought was I'm horribly under-leveled, because I could barely last a full turn without my whole team fainting. Seems my party is lacking more in the HP area than damage? I'll have to check and make some changes.

iirc I did a ton of job leveling to obtain more abilities, however my party is somewhere around the low/mid lv50s.
(and if you're wondering, yes, I disabled EXP gain at this point to keep some sort of difficulty in the game. Pretty sure this is where I went wrong. haha)

I'm really lame and I basically just grinded and turned off random encounters when I felt like my party was sufficiently leveled (~90ish for the final chapter?). I think for DeRosso you might be underleveled if you're getting wiped out in a turn though :s Definitely do some more levelling for HP!

DeRosso's castle is kind of frustrating because you always get attacked and then when you face him, you're not at full health (unless you use items). I think I turned off random encounters in his castle because I wanted to hear his story without interruptions xD

Also I came across this awkward zombie comic about Bravely Default and thought it was amusing.
comic368_zpse80a83d6.png

Expresses my frustrations with the storytelling pretty well.

Last edited:

rrUZdwM.jpg

Second lady is Lilia DeRosso and her asterisk is gunner, irc. I hope it will be one of new asterisks in BS, but maybe it's too early to met Lilia yet? It depends how many years has passed until BS.

@windfall about the comic - omg lmao i was wondering about that the whole game

with the New 3DS announced do you guys think theres a chance bravely second will only be released on that? if thats true then ill cry because i dont wanna buy a New 3DS. (yes the New 3DS is literally called the New 3DS)

Oh wow just considered that possibility :'( I don't want to shell out more money (but omg imagine a bd theme?? My wallet is silently weeping). Hopefully its not New 3ds exclusive because the game doesn't look very graphically intense? Also the first game ran pretty smoothly imo (even with the 3d on so they shouldn't want to alienate existing players). At least I hope?

Also I'm on mobile and can't figure out how to embed videos but new Bravely second trailer was also in the direct apparently (it got overshadowed by the 3ds) it has some new (but mostly old) footage and the gunner class makes an appearance!

Link to the siliconera article: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/29/bravely-second-will-release-winter-japan/

Also: Winter release date!!!! For Japan....
(So anywhere from December to March basically LOL)

Last edited:
omg i love the trailer. it looks amazing. also i love the gunner class holy crap that looks amazing. i cant wait.
and omg i cant wait for bravely second..though i feel like theres a chance it will arrive here in 2016 rather than 2015. and bravely default covers for the New 3DS would look amazing. i would totally buy one as well lmao

Agnes looks really pretty (I think I say that about every female character in this series lol) the music sounds nice too so yay for supercell. I wish I knew what she's saying though. Probably something about Tiz. And I wonder who/what she's running from? Looks like she's in the great chasm.

At least if it comes out for the new 3ds in 2016 I'll have time to mourn my wallet haha before I buy it.
Hopefully it comes like next fall instead though. That would be great.

Could somebody please offer me some assistance? :)
I am currently on chapter 8 and am really struggling to beat the sky knights!
Ominas tears through my team as if it were nothing and I feel so powerless against them.. :/
Here is my current team
Tiz - Templar/Spell fencer
Agnes - Valkyrie/White mage
Ringabel - Pirate/Swordmaster
Edea - Knight/Freelancer (super charge mimic)
My entire team is between level 67-68 atm
Advice would be appreciated!
Thanks for reading!

Could somebody please offer me some assistance? :)
I am currently on chapter 8 and am really struggling to beat the sky knights!
Ominas tears through my team as if it were nothing and I feel so powerless against them.. :/
Here is my current team
Tiz - Templar/Spell fencer
Agnes - Valkyrie/White mage
Ringabel - Pirate/Swordmaster
Edea - Knight/Freelancer (super charge mimic)
My entire team is between level 67-68 atm
Advice would be appreciated!
Thanks for reading!

Level up. Youre really underleveled. I was like level 80 during ch 8.

Storyline question

Am I playing the game right, having to constantly fight the same bosses over and over and over again. Since everybody is loving this game, I`m starting to doubt if I missed something. This repetitive crap seriously is getting on my nerves. I awakened like 17 Crystals now and it seriously is starting to #$%$ me off.

About weapons and ineffectiveness later on in game against bosses.

Also, I have a lot of compound items, it says you can improve your weapons with it, where can I do that, or doesn`t it open up until later in the game? My weapons do very little damage, i`m around lvl 90 and only holy magic can really hurt enemies along with those magical items like Zeus wrath and stuff like that. Swords, lances and axes barely scratch enemies, even with special moves. Maybe I leveled up to often in less lucrative class settings? Luckily for me healing magic is pretty damn effective. :D

Storyline question

Am I playing the game right, having to constantly fight the same bosses over and over and over again. Since everybody is loving this game, I`m starting to doubt if I missed something. This repetitive crap seriously is getting on my nerves. I awakened like 17 Crystals now and it seriously is starting to #$%$ me off.

Yes, that's what happens. I hate that part of the game. People mostly love the gameplay, not the story. It should stop after 4 times you repeat everything.
About weapons and ineffectiveness later on in game against bosses.

Also, I have a lot of compound items, it says you can improve your weapons with it, where can I do that, or doesn`t it open up until later in the game? My weapons do very little damage, i`m around lvl 90 and only holy magic can really hurt enemies along with those magical items like Zeus wrath and stuff like that. Swords, lances and axes barely scratch enemies, even with special moves. Maybe I leveled up to often in less lucrative class settings? Luckily for me healing magic is pretty damn effective. :D

Are they hitting 9999? If so, then that's the damage cap. You can exceed it using Bravely Second. I think you can compound using the salve-maker (I never used that class so idk) but the salve-maker doesn't upgrade weapons. You can't upgrade weapons. What's your current build for your team?

Yes, that's what happens. I hate that part of the game. People mostly love the gameplay, not the story. It should stop after 4 times you repeat everything.
Thanks for your help first of all!

Ok, I actually got past it now I think. I`m currently trying to beat the boss to get past it, that is. I can understand the gameplay adoration. The fighting definetly has depth, allbeit a little complicated for someone from the Commander Keen generation.

Are they hitting 9999? If so, then that's the damage cap. You can exceed it using Bravely Second. I think you can compound using the salve-maker (I never used that class so idk) but the salve-maker doesn't upgrade weapons. You can't upgrade weapons. What's your current build for your team?

Well, they do hit 9999 sometimes against nemesis in the village, but nowhere near it against the bosses, except certain special moves. I just find it odd that fira for example, consuming quite a lot of mp (60, but depending on skill settings) only does like 700/800 damage against a boss weak to fire damage, while a bombarm does like 2250/2500? standard. Feels like cheating fighting using mostly such items. Only meteor does significant damage and sometimes holy and dark (+ the earlier mentioned special moves).
I don`t have the salvemaker class yet. Now I wonder if I missed out on it?
Anyways, assuming this is what you mean, this is my built set:
Tiz: Knight (Holy Arts)
Ringabel: Dark Knight (Miscelanny) To be able to use examine mostly.
Edea: Black Mage (Time Magic)
Agnes: White Mage (Black Magic)
Both Tiz and Ringabel only attack using fire arms, other then that they supply the mages for ether and single potions/cures. I hope this is what you mean. Tiz Holy Arts I sometimes use, they can do decent damage. Time Magic is selected so I`m able to groupcast reraise.

I hope this is what you mean?

Last edited:
Back