• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Birdwatching (Evergreen Cabin)

pandapples

sincerely
Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Switch
5934-9073-6701
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
birdwatching.png

🎶 Heading out of our cabins and into the mountains. We can hear the birds singing, out and about! 🎵 Where will they be? Where are they now? Let's all work together to find out!

How to Participate

Work together to find hidden birds! Unlike any of TBT's clue hunts before, this is a collaborative event. Each cabin will receive their own set of clues that they will need to decipher in order to earn Mountain Tokens and rack up your cabin points!

The difficulty of the hunt has increased. We will also not reveal whether the riddle type is a "clue" or a "puzzle."
  • Clue: This is a typical clue that will give you an idea of where you might find the bird around TBT. It will appear somewhere as a link or little image graphic, which you can click to redeem. They don't all look the same. While many may be located in forum threads, this is not always the case.
  • Puzzle: Use the clue to work out the code. Once you've worked it out, click your Mountain Token amount from your sidebar or profile, and enter the code in the "Redeem" box as shown below. Make sure to type it in all caps and with no spaces or symbols in place of "CODEGOESHERE".
eggredeem-png.365895

If you're unfamiliar with our annual Easter egg hunts, please take the time to check them out in the Bulletin Board to get an idea of how the clues are presented. Recent direct links below:

TBT's Ninth Annual Easter Egg Hunt
TBT's Halloweaster 2020
TBT's Seventh Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Rules

• You may only work with your own cabin. Do not discuss the clues with anyone not from your own cabin.
  • Do not assist other cabins with their clues.
  • Do not share your cabin's clues and answers with other cabins arriving from other weeks.
  • If you're found to be cheating in other ways, you may have your currency removed, be banned from the remainder of the TBT Camp, or be banned from future events.
  • Please discuss birdwatching hunts only in this thread.
  • Remain respectful, following the rules & guidelines at all times.

How to Submit

Simply post in this thread when taking on a clue. Leave your train of thought, directions, tips, and anything else you can think of to help your team find the hidden birds!

Once you've found your bird, make sure it is redeemed. After redeeming, please notify your team in this thread! Finding the hidden birds will net your cabin extra points per clue. You'll have until Sunday to figure out all three clues.

Prizes

Participation: 5 Mountain Tokens per bird discovered.
Cabin points per correct answer: 200 Points (maximum 600)

Clues

BirdFirst SightingClueAnswer
Bird 1Sunday, August 22 @ 7 PM EDTFirst of one of four with eight. Half may speak up or down; with one exception you may be seen even if no one is around.dizzy bone's post in the Do you booyah/booyah back? thread.
Bird 2Tuesday, August 24 @ 7 PM EDTTear to fire! Tic-tac-toe, bait. 31? Two F#B8312F.
Bird 3Thursday, August 26 @ 7 PM EDTDo you aspire to win, or will you not even make the goal?

HINT: Hope you had a good night's sleep thinking about this clue. I'm sure you're running the ideas over in your mind to overcome this hurdle. Good luck!
Code MLQSRD left at the finish line of the TBTWC obstacle course. Find Pandapples' obstacle course DA post which leads to DA-6051-3416-4845.

Be sure to take frequent breaks if you feel yourself getting stuck. Good luck!

So I’m confused… we are trying to solve this riddle? I’m not clear on what we are supposed to do with this one. Can someone explain in simple terms?

So I’m confused… we are trying to solve this riddle? I’m not clear on what we are supposed to do with this one. Can someone explain in simple terms?

Yeah, we need to solve the riddle and either find where the bird is located on TBT or figure out what the code word(s) is
Post automatically merged:

Oh, I have a possible thought: there are four octopus villagers in Animal Crossing, and octopuses have 8 legs, so maybe something with one of them?

Oh, I have a possible thought: there are four octopus villagers in Animal Crossing, and octopuses have 8 legs, so maybe something with one of them?
are there not three octopus villagers? or have i forgotten the existence of one lmao

I tried OCTAVIAN but that wasn't it

are there not three octopus villagers? or have i forgotten the existence of one lmao

I'm including the one not in New Horizons, Inkwell

Are we going to swap to the animal watching thing later or are we in birds all this week and the poliwags with the animals?

Are we going to swap to the animal watching thing later or are we in birds all this week and the poliwags with the animals?
I assume since we're not allowed to talk to the other cabin we're with, we'll swap.

Wait maybe not...looks like 3 days per clue so that'd be our full week.

We can see the Poliwags thread so I don't think there's a swap.

I clicked on the birdwatching banner at the top of this thread... and nothing happened... so we can rule that out! Oh my gosh

Is the first clue a smash reference?

"First of one of four with eight." The first smash game with 8 players which is Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

"Half may speak up or down; with one exception you may be seen even if no one is around." Maybe a character announcement?

I dont play smash so hopefully someone who does might know the character

I don't play Smash either, but I was also wondering if it could be related to a game series

I thought the first part might relate to votes/points of some sort, but I'm not sure.

I'm interpreting the first sentence to mean that there are four sets/items, each with eight elements, and the answer is the first element of one of those sets. I have no idea how to apply that though. :P

Back