• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best year for Animal Crossing: New Leaf

What year was the best in ACNL?

• Year 1 (6/9/13 to 6/8/14)

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Year 2 (6/9/14 to 6/8/15)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Year 3 (6/9/15 to 6/8/16)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Year 4 (6/9/16 to 6/8/17)

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters
It's been 4 months, and only my 3 non amiibo's ever ping.

I can tell you who will ping tomorrow.

Eunice.

It was Henry yesterday.
Bluebear before that.

After Eunice, it will be Bluebear - again.

Day in, day out. Month after month.

I've proven they do NOT move.
My welcome amiibo villagers have asked to move out several times.

Lucky you.

I must just be having 5 months of predictable bad luck.
With them pinging in order.

Guess what?

Bluebear pinged to move AGAIN.
Just like I said she would.:-/

Edit. What do you mean, Welcome Amiibo Villagers?

I'm talking about Amiibo cards I scanned in, like Wolfgang.
I did that 7 times.

Last edited:
The villagers are all mindless drones. They lack the decent dialogue they had in WW.

The horrid grass wear.
My town has NO grass after 12 weeks. o_O
The fact that I'm stuck with the amiibo's I scanned in - FOREVER.
They NEVER ping to move.

Every day is the same.

They ALL ask for perfect fruit, day in, day out.

I've come to loathe being near them, hence, why I spend what time I can, on the island. Away from the mindless leeches.

That's just a few reasons.

That's too bad, I'm sorry you're having a bad experience. :( I've tried every single game in the franchise but New Leaf is the only I could get into (and it's my favorite game ever now). About your issues:

- Do you run in your town? I'm very impatient so I used to run everywhere and my grass started to look awful. Nowadays I only walk and I don't have any problems with grass wear.
- You're not stuck with your amiibos forever, that's simply not a thing. I'm sorry they're taking so long to move out, but that's purely a coincidence (or bad luck). They move out just like any other villager.
- It seems you're also having bad luck with their requests, because my villagers have always asked for a variety of favors (furniture, fish, fruit, deliveries, etc.).

Maybe you're also having a weird combination of villagers, so if you really dislike your town and villagers you might want to reset and start over. Make sure to have a good combination of personalities (I try to have one villager for each of the eight personalities). I'm sure that way you're going to have a pretty varied experience in New Leaf. :blush:

The first year was the best for me. It was all brand new to everyone. We were all learning together.
The best part was I was finally able to use the online part. For WW the internet didn't work well. Only had one visitor and it took many tries to get them into my town.

I joined an online group and have met wonderful players that were very helpful. We are a tight group that helps each other out.

That's too bad, I'm sorry you're having a bad experience. :( I've tried every single game in the franchise but New Leaf is the only I could get into (and it's my favorite game ever now). About your issues:

- Do you run in your town? I'm very impatient so I used to run everywhere and my grass started to look awful. Nowadays I only walk and I don't have any problems with grass wear.
- You're not stuck with your amiibos forever, that's simply not a thing. I'm sorry they're taking so long to move out, but that's purely a coincidence (or bad luck). They move out just like any other villager.
- It seems you're also having bad luck with their requests, because my villagers have always asked for a variety of favors (furniture, fish, fruit, deliveries, etc.).

Maybe you're also having a weird combination of villagers, so if you really dislike your town and villagers you might want to reset and start over. Make sure to have a good combination of personalities (I try to have one villager for each of the eight personalities). I'm sure that way you're going to have a pretty varied experience in New Leaf. :blush:

Amiibo card villagers never ping to move, or they would have. 5 months is a long time. :(

Requests, well, I'm just sick of being the town slave for the villagers.

I have a balance of all types in my town.

As for restarting, no way.. :(

All I want, is the 7 amiibo's I scanned in to leave, so I can possibly get a couple of them back by normal means. No scanning.

Last edited:
Back