• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Best unusual food combinations you've tried and/or made

pizza & blue cheese. i know pizza & ranch is A Thing, but i don't see pizza and blue cheese as A Thing in turn and i way prefer that 😭 especially if it's junk pizza like Domino's or Pizza Hut, they just pair insanely well with blue cheese & my friends and family think i'm weird for it. it's not the most bizarre food combo i've seen but it's definitely not a common one by any means that i know of?

ok hear me out yall
combine chickpea flour, Just Egg vegan eggs, and some water to make it like a batter, then spice it up with some chopped onions, cilantro, salt, pepper, garlic power

and put it on a hot skillet with a bit of olive oil and just let them all make love for a couple minutes. you end up getting this delicious souffle-like omelette. ITS SO GOOD IVE BEEN MAKING IT FOR THE PAST 5 DAYS STRAIGHT

I am not the most adventurous eater, so my story is not the most strange or exciting, but...

Ten or so years ago while at college, I went to a local juice shop near the campus. Most of the options there were either boring normal juices or "healthy" fruit/veggie blends. However, they also offered a custom mix, where you can pick fruits and veggies off of a list.

I asked for Banana juice, because that sounded fun. They told me that they could not do Banana because it is too dry to make juice by itself, and suggested adding Strawberry to it. I said No, because I dislike how excessively sweet Strawberry is. As I read through the list of available fruits, the employee suggested Strawberry again, and then asked their manager for a second opinion. He also suggested Strawberry. I still said No.

I eventually settled on adding Kiwi and Green Apple to the Banana. It turned out great.

I think that a lot of salty/ savoury dishes taste more elevated if I add a sweet component. From a young age I loved eating sweet bread or waffles with ham and cheese. Now when I make waffles with a sweet batter I like to add a slice of cheese onto the waffle maker so it melts together with the dough while baking.

My dad also introduced me to fruit jams + camembert on bread. My favourite is raspberry jam + camembert. Whenever I brought this combo to school my classmates lost it and thought it’s disgusting- but to me it goes so well together?! 😅

I also approve of pasta dishes with ketchup as I have read in other posts (again with the sweet things on savoury dishes)

the weirdest topping i've had on a pizza that worked was pickles... it was surprisingly good

A restaurant I frequent has kimchi fries as one of their dishes. Not the first two foods I'd imagine combined together but surprisingly not bad at all.

I sometimes like to mix a specific kind of honey mustard into chicken ramen (like the Maruchan brand). It’s a specific brand, I can’t recall the name, but the bottle is kind of round.

Hard-boiled eggs dipped in barbecue sauce! So good.

Not sure if this is super unusual, but I've also had hamburgers with peanut butter. It's actually pretty good.

pizza with ranch is my favorite. i was only recently introduced to this and now it’s hard to fully enjoy pizza without it. has to be good ranch though, not that hidden valley bottled stuff.

another weird thing i like is hot cheetos and cream cheese… though to be fair i haven’t done that in a while

pancakes with pieces of breakfast sausage in it are amazing too, with syrup on top.

Leftover samyang hot sauce from noodles on a cracker, it was actually good

I also put hot cheetos on my hot pockets and taquitos, it added some spice and crunch, since i actually like spicy stuff.

Back