• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best tv show theme song

—The King of Queens
—Only Murders in the Building
—Sailor Moon
—Cardcaptor Sakura
—Downton Abbey
—the original Urusei Yatsura opening

The only one that I can think of at the moment is NCIS. Almost makes me want to get up and dance whenever I hear it.

While I can't re-watch the show because it frustrates me when characters are perpetually stuck in the same place that they started..

The Trailer Park Boys intro song is really really nice; short and sweet

Also the intro song for From is growing on me. It's a spooky take on "Que Sera Sera" (a cover by The Pixies)

🎵 Honestly, first thing I thought of was Original Pokemon, so its gotta be that for me!

was and instant CLICK!
🌸🌸🌸

This is the theme to my most favorite childhood show back in the 2000's when it used to air on Noggin/Nick Jr.

Others: The Powerpuff Girls (1998), Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Loud House, Pucca, The Simpsons, VeggieTales, SpongeBob SquarePants, iCarly (2007), Drake and Josh, Gravity Falls, Good Luck Charlie, The Cuphead Show, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

And there's also the Cheers theme intro, back when my parents used to watch it together when I was a baby. My mom used to hold me in front of the television, and my head would turn right over immediately when I heard the Cheers theme intro come on.

I want to add these two honorable mentions to my original list, but I'm making a new post because otherwise I highly doubt anyone would see it.

4. Ninjago theme song. Specifically 1-8, which has the iconic lyrics. But the best one, imo, is season 5. Season 3, 6, and 7 are also good, and I know that's already half of what I listed, and season 1 and 2 have the same theme song, but still.
5. Ducktales Disney XD reboot theme song. I saw someone else post it and it reminded me how good it is.
6. Phineas and Ferb theme song. I mean, it's literally the Phineas and Ferb theme song. Does anything need to be said?

Also, here's the videos for the songs, including the other songs I picked since I never put them. I didn't include the South Park one, because despite being tame compared to the show, there's still scenes that I'm not sure if I can post, so I'm not going to risk getting the post deleted and a warning. I'll just say that if you want to hear it, search up "South Park Season 7-10 theme song".

I'm sorry but I've gotta go with Twin Peaks
that theme is so incredibly memorable and hits you emotionally in a way that adapts to where the story last left you, while bringing you straight back into the time and place that the world is set

I don't really know what I'd consider the overall 'best' because my music taste fluctuates too much. But in terms of personal favourites:

For anime: Digimon Adventure - Butter-fly, Yu-Gi-Oh! "Season 0" - Kawaita Sakebi, Sonic X - Sonic Drive, Dragon Drive - True

For all others: Buck Rogers - Suspension (way before my time), original DuckTales theme (new one is nice too, though), Animaniacs (either), American Dad

Put yourself in my shoes, watching this cartoon in the 90's. Look at how unbelievably cool it is.

And then join me for the decades of disappointment when you realize that the show was never even remotely as cool as this opening sequence would lead you to believe. And now you know why I must cry myself to sleep every night.

My favorites include the Fairly OddParents theme and the original Total Drama Island theme.

Has to be bojack horseman the intro is so satisfying I don’t even know how to explain it lol it’s just very on beat and goes well with the show

Never mind. I wouldn't say this is one of my favorite theme songs, or at least favorite enough to be worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Definitely luv luv luv the game of thrones theme!!!! Also really adore the stranger things theme as well.

Other great ones over the years:

Big love (my fav beach boys song was their theme the first few seasons!!!)

Saved by the bell

The Jeffersons

The Muppet Show

Back