• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Best to worst Disney movies - Analysis

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Festive Bell
Friday the 13th Candy
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
After reading so many lists of best to worst Disney animated features, I could come up with an objective list of all the Disney movies from WDAS. As of now, there are only 56 of them, ranging from old classics released during World War II (like Fantasia) to the modern CGI films (like Zootopia). They also had a time when they released low-budget compilations of short cartoons and a time when they released animated musicals that are like Broadway shows. Keep in mind that this list does not include Pixar, Disneytoon, animated movies made by other studios (like Spirited Away, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and The Brave Little Toaster), and live-action Disney movies.

None of the lists are the exact same, as they are mostly based on personal opinions of the writers. But after seeing enough, I can see a clearer picture.

• The eras are unofficial, but they are based on when Disney was successful and when Disney was doing poorly. The Golden Era had five movies, the Packaged Film Era has six, the Silver Era had eight, the Bronze Era had eight, the Disney Renaissance had ten, the Dark Era had eleven, and the Revival Era has eight (for now).
  • Every era had one movie that stood above the rest, which are Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Sleeping Beauty, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Beauty and the Beast, Lilo and Stitch, and Moana. There’s also at least one movie that sits below the rest.
  • The older generations (more specifically Generation X) seem to be more forgiving towards the Disney movies released in the 1970’s and 1980’s, but find the Disney movies released in the 2000’s to be cringeworthy.
  • The newer generations (more specifically Millennials) are okay with the Disney movies released in the 2000’s, but the Disney movies they deem to be the worst are released in the 1970’s and 1980’s.
  • The best three Disney movies are Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and Lion King.
  • The worst three Disney movies are The Black Cauldron, Home on the Range, and Chicken Little.
  • Robin Hood, Mulan, and Lilo and Stitch are the best examples of how generation gap affects the popularity.
  • Despite being labeled as classics, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, Jungle Book, and 101 Dalmatians are not very popular.
  • Despite being Disney’s most successful film, Frozen rarely appears in the top ten best Disney movies.
Now I can’t come up with the exact objective list since I still don’t have enough information, nor would I list my personal opinion since I haven’t seen all the movies (or seen them only once), but I do have personal favorites.

Back