• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Best to Worst Animal Crossing Game

1) New Leaf
2) Original Animal Crossing
3) City Folk
4) Wild World (I really hate this one)

Last edited:
New leaf
Wild world (nostalgia)
City folk

Never tried the rest

In order from best to worst, in my humble opinion.

1. New Leaf.
2. Animal Crossing GC
3. Let's Go to the City/City Folk
4. Wild World.

Looking back on it, when I first played Wild World, I did enjoy it, but now that the other games have come out and when you take the Gamecube version into account, I think it is sub par compared to them. To me, City Folk had some nice charm to it and it beat Wild World, but it still didn't have what the Gamecube one did for me.

The Gamecube version is awesome, and if New Leaf hadn't come out and shown how great it is, it definitely would be in the top of the list.

1. New Leaf
2. Wild World (nostalgia purposes really, I was crazy addicted to it for years, I loved it, still do)
3. Population Growing (GC) (I never actually had a GameCube, but recently played it on an emulator, always thought it looked good)
4. City Folk (in my opinion, Wild World was so much better, despite more villagers, bigger town and the holidays back.. Wild World was just better imo)

1. New Leaf
2. Wild World
3. City Folk
4. Population Growing

I just don't have that great of a connection to GC because I played Wild World first. I really like playing it on the handhelds!

1. New Leaf.
2. Population Growing.
3. Wild World.
4. City Folk. (Got boring..but I kinda miss it.)

1) New Leaf: Definitely the best one by far. The ability to take on the roll as the mayor and make tweaks and additions to the town has definitely made this game stand out much more than the past ones. The multiplayer features in this one are also much better, Definitely the best one so far :D
2) Animal Crossing: It had a lot of its own features that weren't kept in the games following it that were really fun i.e. the soccer ball, junk yard, and just the atmosphere of it was different.
3) Wild World: Wild World was great because it was Animal Crossing, but handheld... I wasted a lot of hours on it when I was bored lol
4) City Folk: Ill be honest City Folk was a big let down... I traded it in like a month after getting it.

so glad i started my Animal Crossing career with New Leaf then! i will pass on the others...

wow, i think the multiplayer in New Leaf is pretty bad, so if it's a huge improvement over the previous games then that must have been brutal.. -_-

1. New Leaf. Because being Mayor is awesome.
2. Population Growing. I really miss the footballs and giving Nook weird codes to get special items.
3. Wild World. I have great memories of this :) First AC I ever played.
4. City Folk. For some reason this was called "Let's Go to the City" in Europe :-/ I didn't feel it was enough of an upgrade from WW, and didn't like using the Wii controls.

1. New Leaf - Love the graphics so much, the 3D is incredible, it's portable, you get to be mayor, you can swim, the PWP's, the island.. Everything is just beyond marvelous.
2. Population Growing - For nostalgia, this game gets second place. My first AC game, as well as my first video game ever. I just love it. The villager dialogue is insane. <3
3. City Folk - I actually loved this game. I played it for the longest. I played it from Christmas of 2008 till the early months of 2013. Five years. It holds a lot of memories. I loved using Wii-Speak with my friends. Everyone gives CF crap, I know the graphics are pretty awful, but it wasn't a BAD game. I loved it. But ever since NL came out, I can't get myself to play it. The leap in graphics is just too tremendous. I can't handle stubby characters anymore. XD Btu sure, sometimes I'll go on just to visit neighbors and whatnot..
4. Wild World - I got this game very late. I got it after I had City Folk. Around 2011, I think. Ugh. The graphics are horrible. It's so pixely. It's so bland. Never been a fan. Can't get myself to play it. It's not AWFUL, it's just not my flavor. I know a LOT of people love WW, though, because it was their first AC game. Tis understandable.

1. AC: New Leaf - This is a no brainer, in my opinion, due to the fact that I haven't been this obsessed with a video game in a while. Portability, personality, and replay-ability all make it A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

2. AC: GC/Population Growing - Yes, this is primarily here because of the nostalgia, however, there are definitely some points that make this a great game over all, if not better than NL in certain ways. Music is by the best in the franchise, lack of grass wear, the varying ground "levels", THE NES GAMES, the ghost guy, and my favorite: THE GYROID! I miss having a wiggling gyroid by the house. :(

3. AC: CF - Didn't like the grass wear AT ALL but I did like the direction it was going from GC. Graphics were a lot to be desired (especially on an HD tv =_=) but it was definitely a necessary game because I'm sure NL would not have been nearly as great if they hadn't learned from CF. CF has all the aspiring content that NL then learned from and made better. I miss the constellations.

4. AC: WW - Played it a bit. Didn't really like it. Didn't like the sharing homes thing, nor the lack of holidays. The portability is a bonus for sure, and had I played it BEFORE CF, I probably would have liked it more.

Last edited:
1. New Leaf: Being Mayor and all that comes with it. I like celebrating holidays.
2. Wild World: It was the first animal crossing I played. It mainly gets this
spot for me for being able to use anywhere.
3. Animal Crossing: I bought it used when I was actively playing WW. I played
it a week before never getting back to it. I'm sure its a great game, its just
AC being on a handheld is a must for me.

Not adding City Folk because I don't have a Wii and therefore don't own CF.

Last edited:
1- new leaf: best features, graphics, the island, and being mayor
2- wild world: first game i played in the series and what got me addicted to it. so much nostalgiaaa
3- animal crossing gamecube:i got this after playing wild world so my expectations were kind of messed up, i probably should have played it first. it's good but getting used to all the newer features it feels weird playing it.
I never owned city folk

1. New Leaf - first game I ever really got into and tried to make bells, expand my house, etc. instead of just dressing up cool and messing around with villagers.
2. GC - the starter game with Aurora as one of my villagers, was pretty fun
3. City Folk - Meh, not much I can say about it.
And I don't have Wild World.

1. Animal Crossing GameCube: It'll always be the one that started it all for me. It's also the one
with the best soundtrack in my opinion.
2. New Leaf: I really loved the new mayor concept and pwp options.
3. Wild World: I'm not sure why this one gets so much hate. I still love it quite a lot but it
does rank last for me.

I've never played City Folk so.

Back