Best to Worst Animal Crossing Game

New Leaf
Game Cube
Wild World

never played City Folk.
I LOVED Wild World I just don't think the Nintendo DS was ready for it at the time it was made. It was too early on in graphics development, and the screen was too small. However, there were a LOT of aspects about Wild World that I like way better than New Leaf (The Roost in the basement of the Museum, Blathers talks about your donation in depth when you donate it, CELESTE AND CONSTELLATIONS)

Honestly, I'd still rate Wild World amongst my top Nintendo DS games. So I'm putting it last only because there's nowhere else to put it. It just should've waited a few more years, that's all.

My ranking:
1- Gamecube version
2- Wild World and New Leaf (same position, each of them has its pros and cons)
3- City Folks

Best: New Leaf
2: Animal Crossing GC
3: City Folk
4: Wild World

I love the portability of New Leaf, which never really worked for me in Wild World. WW felt like a watered down Animal Crossing, even with its new features, while New Leaf is definitely an improvement over the previous ones.

Best to worst: (have I posted in this thread already? gdi I'm too lazy to check)

1. New Leaf
It's dominating my life right now. I don't need to say anything else, you all know how it is.

2. Animal Crossing (original, Gamecube)
The one that started it all! Whoop whoop.

3. City Folk
Held my interest for longer than Wild World, but not for long in the grand scheme of things.

4. Wild World
Couldn't hold my interest and was suuuper flawed imo.

1. New Leaf
2. Wild World
3. Original
4. City Folk

I played 2&3 to death growing up.... and I just picked up New Leaf a couple months ago. Love the improvements. I hated City Folk because it was just a copy of Wild World, and I already 'played' through that one.

New Leaf
Wild World
ACGC

I didn't put City Folk because I never played it. But honestly, I started with New Leaf, so I have no nostalgia for the other ones. I thought Wild World was pretty cool, but I absolutely despised the Gamecube version... I couldn't even play it for long periods of time because the acre system honestly gave me a headache. I really badly wanted to like it, but it was just too outdated.

1-New Leaf. It is not the same as the previous games, but it is brilliant in its own way.
2-AFe+. Like the Gamecube one but with more stuff, and tons of secret and unique features that most people don't know about. Yay for coconut crabs going "doinggg" when you shake them out o trees.
3-Gamecube. The style and setup of this game and how it introduced you to the series was flawlessly done. But perhaps I'm biased because of nostalgia reasons.
4-Wild World. The largely increased roster of bugs and fish made me excited for this game, as did hybrid flowers and other things. Beyond this, it didn't feel like the game I wanted to never put down.
5-City Folk. I just have neutral memories from this game. Lost the things I liked in Gamecube, didn't add much else.

Other Animal Crossing games unranked.

Last edited:
New Leaf Fantastic game, 'nuff said.

Origina Maybe it's nostalgia talking, but I loved this game growing up.

Wild World Pretty solid game, though the loss of most of the holidays never sat well with me

City Folk Not bad, but there's not much to differentiate it from Wild World aside from the city and stuff.

1. New Leaf
2. Game cube
3. City Folk
4. Wild world

The graphics in Wild World didn't bother me at the time, but a few months ago, I turned it on for the first time in years. The graphics really bothered me. I couldn't tell what some of the pieces were. I did have fun looking at how I decorated my house. I had so much fun, and many hours of game play with all of them.

Back