• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best mosquito repellent?

OswinOswald

Bells
Switch
1920-3285-9320
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
What's the best way to keep the mosquitos away this summer? Are you a fan of plain old bug spray? I know there are some other devices and contraptions some people swear by. Like I had a friend bring some sort of sonic device to our last barbeque which worked great! Tell me all your secrets so I can keep the itchy buggers away!

These hands

For real though I like those outdoor candles/torches that repel bugs. Those are nice for barbecues and other outdoor events

Recently I was introduced to a bug repellent lotion instead of a spray, which I actually like a little better because I find it a little less bothersome to apply. (And it doesn't offend everyone's noses!)

I ask them politely yet firmly to leave.

But really though, I never even notice them until I've already been bitten. It's typically when I'm in my house too, so it's not like I feel the need to spray myself or have lavender candles burning or anything. Maybe I ought to though.

For me its been Lavender and I dont know why.

I use lavender to keep moths out of my room, but Mossies seem to avoid me when I smell like lavender and ots weird. The bees like it. But not insects that people would concider to be pests.

staying indoors, lol. but no I usually stick to bug spray or the torches for outside.

They are less around me if I eat really spicy food. Maybe I should also wear a garlic necklace to keep away those little blood suckers.

Back