• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

best memories of the site?

Kitsuragi

some kind of superstar
Bells
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Blue Crescent Moon
Pink Crescent Moon
Galaxy Swirl
Orange Crescent Moon
Green Crescent Moon
what some of your favorite/best memories of the bell tree forums? events, making friends, etc. feel free to post some of your best stories, ill be Enjoying the free entertainment while I wait for this plane to take off

Let see:

- Any 12 Days of Christmas Raffle
- 2016 TBT Fair
- 2017 TBT Fair
- Pokémon Week
- Those times I had a more vibrant sidebar (like today)
- That time when “Halloween” got censored, and every time someone says it, it changes to “Christmas”
- The fact one of the eggs was hidden in one of my blog entries
- Those two times I won a TBT People’s Choice Award

They were never official to begin with. But I would like to see a revival of the event this year.

Yeah, I know that. They've fallen off the past several years though, most likely because whoever organizes them (thought it was Jacob or someone else) just hasn't hosted them.

Yeah, I know that. They've fallen off the past several years though, most likely because whoever organizes them (thought it was Jacob or someone else) just hasn't hosted them.
They were never official to begin with. But I would like to see a revival of the event this year.
👀 this is interesting to know..............

I spoke with Jacob on why we don’t do it anymore. It’s became more like a popularity contest that isn’t necessary. However, one of us can restart the TBT People’s Choice Awards again. I’m not sure if I want to host the event, but if I host it, the award categories may not be the same. Like there wouldn’t be “best username”, but there would be “best staff member”.

I don't have any close friends on this site, so the most memorable times for me are always events, like the Egg Events, Christmas or the Fair where I finally get to talk to and get to know everyone better. It's a great excuse to talk to a lot of people hahah

Having a best staff member doesn’t sound right. The categories would have to be less focused on competition between members. There’s a reason there isn’t a best member category. Not sure I’d be a fan of that returning. If it does, it would need to be done right.

My best memories are the events.

Having a best staff member doesn’t sound right. The categories would have to be less focused on competition between members. There’s a reason there isn’t a best member category. Not sure I’d be a fan of that returning. If it does, it would need to be done right.

My best memories are the events.
Yeah, I’ll probably not have that. But I will exclude the more unnecessary awards, and focus on special interests.

Rerailing the topic, this site is better when there’s an event going on, even if it’s a user hosting it and not the staff, like when I held a scary story contest in 2019.

There are so many that I *know* I will be missing some, but, off the top of my head:

the Spellectible design competition
Laudine gifting me an Orange Present
Finding enough eggs for a zen egg
Arcade Fair
discovering mirrors for the first time
designing Umpteen Magazine with skar
coming together as a team during TBTWC and winning!
visiting so many islands when acnh released
Mistreil's memes during the baby park mafia game
Betsy's mayor reveal during chatbot mafia (euphoric)
Winning my first (and only! in nearly a decade!) staff favourite for Count Ducula (the one halloween that they were not giving out pink candies for staff favourite)
So many memories

I could go on!

Oh yeah, almost forgot the point of this thread.

Tbh the best memories I've had on this site have been from interacting with people on it. I've had so many great interactions on here that by now they're countless. I don't remember a lot of them, but even just my visitor message history is proof of it.

I've been to a lot of forums in the past and a lot of my interactions on them were... less than ideal... and some even affected me greatly in a negative way. Those are places I'd like to forget. But not TBT!

The events are nice, but they're really just an extra "bonus" to what the site has to offer for me. Man what I'd do just to be able to talk to some people on this site again...

I think more low stakes things like "coolest line up" "funniest post" or stuff like that would be really fun instead of things like "best member"

If you want to continue discussing the TBT People’s Choice Awards, you can come on over to my profile and discuss ideas. Let’s stick to the memories on this thread.

From my personal experience, this site was at its best back in 2017, and worst in 2015. I can’t go over why 2015 was the worst, but I can go over why 2017 was the best.

What Happened in 2017:
- The Switch Came Out
- Egg Hunt included a clue inside my blog
- Arcade-themed TBT Fair (which was the same one I won a staff favorite)
- The Halloween Censor Prank
- The TBT background sky was at one time set to dusk, even at day, to celebrate the solar eclipse
- Friday the 13th landed in October (hence why the Woods Expedition opened early)
- 12 Days of Christmas Raffle + new Christmas activities

I think more low stakes things like "coolest line up" "funniest post" or stuff like that would be really fun instead of things like "best member"
Those are better since it’s not really as meaningful as “best member.” I’m probably using very poor wording, but you get it.

Those are better since it’s not really as meaningful as “best member.” I’m probably using very poor wording, but you get it.
I get exactly what you mean. It's less of a competition and more of like a fun way to highlight the best parts of the site.

Definitely the events. No other forum I've ever been on does then and they're awesome! I loved how fun the forum got during the Team Popsicle club too.

This site is so amazing because of the people who keep it going. I have been blessed to have met so many fantastic members, staff and made some very special friends ❤️ I don’t know how I would have got through the last 3 years without you 💜

Back