• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

best memories of the site?

The best memories I have are definitely the gaming sessions hosted by one of the TBT staff especially TBT neighborly games. I get to play with other members (even made some friends with them) because of it.

The other best memory I had is the first camp TBT back when I'm in team Poliwags. The pearl collectible looks precious and I love the moon jellyfish collectibles to be honest.

(Fellow team Poliwags, if you see this. Long time no see! 😊👋)

Another one is the "New Year, New Horizons" writing contest in which I have fun writing on island journals and got my first trophy which is the 3rd place one.

And the tbt fair of 2022 is my best memory of this forum, one of the first tbt fairs in which I actively participate in especially the contests. And the enchanted bloom collectible I won along the way. It's the best collectible I've ever seen and I still have it in my inventory to this day.

I still have the best memories in this forum and still making new memories now because of the cool people that I get to interact with which is all of you in this forum! 😊

The Halloween event with the dead tree wraiths. The last April fools event with the turnips. And this year's camp, my first camp.
Though I've never said anything, I love seeing your comments around the forums, @Dinosaurz . They crack me up.

All three of these awesome times had a lot of socializing on the forums. And two of them had teams.

I joined around when New Leaf came out and I feel like it was quite active then, so trading for items both then and when New Horizons came out are highlights for me! That and most events. there have been a couple over the years I wasn’t active for but overall the staff does such a great job on them so I have really fond memories of past events!

i’ve made so many cherished memories and friends on here during the past few years that it’d be impossible to talk about them all (it would also be the longest post of all time i think 🤣), but here are some of my fave memories off the top of my head, in no particular order:

- chatting in @Zura ‘s old giveaway thread in the basement! it was the thread i was most active in when i came back from my hiatus in 2020– navigating the forums was a little overwhelming when i first came back, so it was a nice way for me to see who was active in the community at the time, and also see a couple of familiar faces from during my time on the forums in 2015-16! i even got lucky enough to win the giveaway a couple of times, but mostly i just had fun getting acquainted with everyone in there and talking! i miss that thread (and zura tbh), it was so fun, and so generous of zura to do :’) i also participated in a few other giveaway threads, and all of them were so fun! i actually met some of my most treasured friends on here in them 🤍

- i offered a free new horizons crafting service for a few months after the game first came out, and it was honestly a lot of fun! i loved getting to help people out, and it helped me with the crafting nook mile achievement a lot since i usually didn’t craft for myself all that often! i’ve occasionally thought about reviving my crafting thread since i miss it, but there are already some great crafting services being offered by others, so there’s no need c: i’d love to offer some sort of free service again one day, even if it isn’t for crafting or new horizons.

- guessing within 5 of the correct number for one of the citb rounds during last year’s tbt fair! for someone who had the highest math mark in my entire grade when i graduated, i apparently have no idea how to count or estimate how many things are in a jar LOL, and i usually am way off with my guesses for citb. i didn’t win anything other than event currency for my guess since someone guessed the exact number, but being that close is still one of my fave memories and proudest moments! i nearly passed away when i got the notification that oblivia mentioned me in her post, though 🤣

- my amazing friend @S.J. gifting me a dreamy bear plush 🥹🥹 i had said in the “ever had that collectible?” thread that i hadn’t ever had one, and then suddenly there was one in my inventory 🥹 i‘ve been shown so many acts of kindness during my time here that i most definitely don’t think i deserve and have no idea how to ever repay, but i am so, so incredibly grateful, and am reminded of how wonderful people can be every time i see that dreamy bear in my inventory :’) i‘m so blessed to have such beautiful friends like s.j. in my life 😭

- every time that i have spectated a gaming livestream on discord! i always have so much fun watching the livestreams and chatting with everyone, and i love how supportive and friendly everyone is! the discord chats during the rare times where i’m playing a game being livestreamed honestly make me a little emotional because of how sweet and supportive everyone always is to me 😭😭 i only play mario party superstars, never know what i’m doing and have yet to win a game
IMG_2750.png
, but the fact that so many amazing people cheer me on anyways is so 🥹🥹 i love this community beyond words 🤍

- winning my wonderful friend @SpaceTokki77 ’s purple star frag giveaway! i had never won a giveaway on here before, and the fact that it was hosted by one of my dearest friends just made it even more special to me 🥹 it was also during tbtwc when i was a part of the bellflowers (best purple team 💜), so i thought me winning a purple collectible was so ironic haha 💜 i am so thankful for my dear friend, for my gorgeous star frag, and for the fact that i’ve been able to use it more in lineups lately 💜

- every single time that i’ve somehow placed in or won an event! i’ve won an ocean pearl from 2021 camp bell tree and tied for third place in “tales from our travels”, won a special snowflake during last year’s tbt season of giving event, a rainbow moon from this year’s camp bell tree, and my story for the 2021 winter short story contest made it to community polls, and i am still in disbelief over all of them 😭

- winning a disco ball egg from oblivia’s 12 days of collectibles last year! my very first (and potentially last LOL) tbt raffle win, and even though it’s almost been a year and i’ve designed so many lineups with it, i still check like once a day to make sure it wasn’t a dream
IMG_2750.png

this isn‘t even 1% of my favourite memories, and i’m worried i’ll accidentally offend someone by not mentioning something, but every single one of my forum friends and every single memory that i’ve made is so, so important to me and has gotten me through the past few years, and i am so grateful for everyone and everything 🤍🤍

I have a lot, even though I've only been super active since early 2021 lol, so much so that I'm not even sure I can name them all at the top of my head 🤭, but here are the ones I can remember:

-Doing my 2,000 tbt giveaway I did in June 2021! That was a lot of fun, and it was also made possible by @Shellzilla_515 for gifting me the last tbt I needed for it! I also plan do another giveaway like that in a future!

-Receiving some birthday art from a bunch of people on my birthday last year! For context, I adopted my good friend @SpaceTokki77's trend of making birthday art threads for people, and I didn't expect one of my friends, @S.J. to make one for me!

-Being gifted a Spring Shamrock by @N e s s during the raffle in 2021 I think? Regardless, despite it not nearly being worth as much as a Kaleidoclover, it's still special to me as it's one of the first collectibles someone gifted me, and I still have it to this day!

-Playing Mario kart during the TBTWC 2021! It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't win any of the races or any trophies, and I would love to see that event return one day!

-Being gifted a cool feather from @LittleMissPanda after she found out she had an extra, and gave it to me! I honestly wasn't expecting that, and I thought I'd have to hope that in the next fair, they'd be restocked!

-Being gifted a blue feather by @SpaceTokki77 after I was feeling really sad since I had a bad day that day, so needless to say, that really cheered me up! Plus, you can never have too many feathers! 🪶

- @S.J. trading me a Raven Wings Potion for a space whale! I always thought it looked nice and regretted not being very active during the Halloween 2022 event, so someone offering me to trade me one after I missed the chance to get one myself made my day!

-Basically any time someone drew one of my oc's, whether from draw the user above you, or other things! It never fails to make me smile to see other artists draw my characters!

-Having my rep on the banner for Celebrating diversity 2021! I actually wasn't expecting to receive that many votes lol, or for people to even see and care my entry, so being able to have my rep on the banner made my day! (Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it oof)

-@Roxxy gifting me my Blue Rosewater Potion after I dmed her an offer for it! Like I said before, even though it's not worth very much, I do still love it!

- @That Marshal Fangirl sending me the last bit of tbt I needed to buy my Pave Purple Feather! While it's certainly no og Purple Feather, I still love it to this day!

I'm sure I have a lot more I'm forgetting, so feel free to grab your whale plush and tail slap me in the face if I forgot something important lol

i’ve made so many cherished memories and friends on here during the past few years that it’d be impossible to talk about them all (it would also be the longest post of all time i think 🤣), but here are some of my fave memories off the top of my head, in no particular order:

- chatting in @Zura ‘s old giveaway thread in the basement! it was the thread i was most active in when i came back from my hiatus in 2020– navigating the forums was a little overwhelming when i first came back, so it was a nice way for me to see who was active in the community at the time, and also see a couple of familiar faces from during my time on the forums in 2015-16! i even got lucky enough to win the giveaway a couple of times, but mostly i just had fun getting acquainted with everyone in there and talking! i miss that thread (and zura tbh), it was so fun, and so generous of zura to do :’) i also participated in a few other giveaway threads, and all of them were so fun! i actually met some of my most treasured friends on here in them 🤍

- i offered a free new horizons crafting service for a few months after the game first came out, and it was honestly a lot of fun! i loved getting to help people out, and it helped me with the crafting nook mile achievement a lot since i usually didn’t craft for myself all that often! i’ve occasionally thought about reviving my crafting thread since i miss it, but there are already some great crafting services being offered by others, so there’s no need c: i’d love to offer some sort of free service again one day, even if it isn’t for crafting or new horizons.

- guessing within 5 of the correct number for one of the citb rounds during last year’s tbt fair! for someone who had the highest math mark in my entire grade when i graduated, i apparently have no idea how to count or estimate how many things are in a jar LOL, and i usually am way off with my guesses for citb. i didn’t win anything other than event currency for my guess since someone guessed the exact number, but being that close is still one of my fave memories and proudest moments! i nearly passed away when i got the notification that oblivia mentioned me in her post, though 🤣

- my amazing friend @S.J. gifting me a dreamy bear plush 🥹🥹 i had said in the “ever had that collectible?” thread that i hadn’t ever had one, and then suddenly there was one in my inventory 🥹 i‘ve been shown so many acts of kindness during my time here that i most definitely don’t think i deserve and have no idea how to ever repay, but i am so, so incredibly grateful, and am reminded of how wonderful people can be every time i see that dreamy bear in my inventory :’) i‘m so blessed to have such beautiful friends like s.j. in my life 😭

- every time that i have spectated a gaming livestream on discord! i always have so much fun watching the livestreams and chatting with everyone, and i love how supportive and friendly everyone is! the discord chats during the rare times where i’m playing a game being livestreamed honestly make me a little emotional because of how sweet and supportive everyone always is to me 😭😭 i only play mario party superstars, never know what i’m doing and have yet to win a game View attachment 512746, but the fact that so many amazing people cheer me on anyways is so 🥹🥹 i love this community beyond words 🤍

- winning my wonderful friend @SpaceTokki77 ’s purple star frag giveaway! i had never won a giveaway on here before, and the fact that it was hosted by one of my dearest friends just made it even more special to me 🥹 it was also during tbtwc when i was a part of the bellflowers (best purple team 💜), so i thought me winning a purple collectible was so ironic haha 💜 i am so thankful for my dear friend, for my gorgeous star frag, and for the fact that i’ve been able to use it more in lineups lately 💜

- every single time that i’ve somehow placed in or won an event! i’ve won an ocean pearl from 2021 camp bell tree and tied for third place in “tales from our travels”, won a special snowflake during last year’s tbt season of giving event, a rainbow moon from this year’s camp bell tree, and my story for the 2021 winter short story contest made it to community polls, and i am still in disbelief over all of them 😭

- winning a disco ball egg from oblivia’s 12 days of collectibles last year! my very first (and potentially last LOL) tbt raffle win, and even though it’s almost been a year and i’ve designed so many lineups with it, i still check like once a day to make sure it wasn’t a dream View attachment 512746

this isn‘t even 1% of my favourite memories, and i’m worried i’ll accidentally offend someone by not mentioning something, but every single one of my forum friends and every single memory that i’ve made is so, so important to me and has gotten me through the past few years, and i am so grateful for everyone and everything 🤍🤍
AW TYSM ILY XARA 😭😭
I have a lot, even though I've only been super active since early 2021 lol, so much so that I'm not even sure I can name them all at the top of my head 🤭, but here are the ones I can remember:

-Doing my 2,000 tbt giveaway I did in June 2021! That was a lot of fun, and it was also made possible by @Shellzilla_515 for gifting me the last tbt I needed for it! I also plan do another giveaway like that in a future!

-Receiving some birthday art from a bunch of people on my birthday last year! For context, I adopted my good friend @SpaceTokki77's trend of making birthday art threads for people, and I didn't expect one of my friends, @S.J. to make one for me!

-Being gifted a Spring Shamrock by @N e s s during the raffle in 2021 I think? Regardless, despite it not nearly being worth as much as a Kaleidoclover, it's still special to me as it's one of the first collectibles someone gifted me, and I still have it to this day!

-Playing Mario kart during the TBTWC 2021! It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't win any of the races or any trophies, and I would love to see that event return one day!

-Being gifted a cool feather from @LittleMissPanda after she found out she had an extra, and gave it to me! I honestly wasn't expecting that, and I thought I'd have to hope that in the next fair, they'd be restocked!

-Being gifted a blue feather by @SpaceTokki77 after I was feeling really sad since I had a bad day that day, so needless to say, that really cheered me up! Plus, you can never have too many feathers! 🪶

- @S.J. trading me a Raven Wings Potion for a space whale! I always thought it looked nice and regretted not being very active during the Halloween 2022 event, so someone offering me to trade me one after I missed the chance to get one myself made my day!

-Basically any time someone drew one of my oc's, whether from draw the user above you, or other things! It never fails to make me smile to see other artists draw my characters!

-Having my rep on the banner for Celebrating diversity 2021! I actually wasn't expecting to receive that many votes lol, or for people to even see and care my entry, so being able to have my rep on the banner made my day! (Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it oof)

-@Roxxy gifting me my Blue Rosewater Potion after I dmed her an offer for it! Like I said before, even though it's not worth very much, I do still love it!

- @That Marshal Fangirl sending me the last bit of tbt I needed to buy my Pave Purple Feather! While it's certainly no og Purple Feather, I still love it to this day!

I'm sure I have a lot more I'm forgetting, so feel free to grab your whale plush and tail slap me in the face if I forgot something important lol
this so sweet koopa omg 😭

i legit have soo many great memories on here, but i have to say my fav is probably participating in a giveaway hosted by a user who has since quit, but i met so many amazing friends there such as @Kirbyz and @King koopa :0 it was honestly so fun and chaotic and one of my fav memories from tbt.

also rip basement dwellers, i loved rping with u guys sm omg 😭 our pirate rp with ronald mcdonald was top tier
@Clock @Seastar @Ananas Dragon @Mick @ecstasy sorry if i forgor anyone hgjsksjjd

I had a really nice friend on here called Belle once. We met at a bad point of my life and she was an absolute gem - any conversation with her could pull me through a dark night. She knew my love for pink and during the collectible hybrid breeding event a couple years back she gifted me the one pink flower I didn't manage to breed myself: the pink cosmos. I have sold most of my other old collectibles now but I will never ever sell that cosmos and I will never forget our friendship.

She quit the forums and I haven't seen her in a long time, but I hope you're well Belle.

The best memories of TBT for me have been from the team events! TBTWC, CBT 2021, and CBT 2023 were all fantastic in their own ways! TBTWC was obviously the first team event and although it was definitely tiring to do a 16 day sprint of all these different gaming sessions and cheers, it was still a really fun and amazing time and allowed me to bond and connect with so many people I previously hadn't before! Then CBT 2021 was the inaugural Camp Bell Tree, so navigating the new event with my team and bonding with even more people (both former and new teammates!) and being able to be a part of the first ever winning team was definitely special! Then, finally, CBT 2023. Oh man. The path I took to even get to the start of camp, then the whirlwind 4 weeks that followed, it honestly ended up being incredible. My teammates were incredible and so fun to be around, the events and camp itself was really fun and enjoyable to partake in, and how I managed to feel about myself as camp went along was unbelievable! Really, capping it off by becoming a back-to-back CBT winner was just the cherry on top of it all!

I feel so lucky to have been a part of the Bellflowers, Poliwags, and Cetaeans! I have bonded with so many wonderful people on these forums as a result, and wouldn't have wanted to have been on any other teams during those events! It's really important to highlight that the contributions my teammates made in those events, not just on the scoreboard but through their posts and interactions with them and how they contributed to the overall vibe of those teams, are what made the events so memorable for me! I'm just glad I've been able to play a role in helping my teams have success and helping my teammates enjoy the events and have fun!

Ultimately, team events have always brought out the best in me and really helped to make me feel like a part of the community here! Even though I'm still trying to fully get my brain out of camp mode, lmao, I can't wait for the next team event to see who ends up on my team and what memories we'll be able to create then!

Of course, some honorable mentions of other notable memories from TBT in mostly chronological order include:
  • @duckvely's catalog giveaway during the first few months of New Horizon's release! I'm so grateful for her kindness and generosity that allowed me to complete my v1 catalog in NH! In retrospect, it helped keep me going during my early time on the forums when I did focus on just trading before really deciding to branch out.
  • TBT Fair 2020 was my first major event on TBT and I ended up having fun with it! It was pretty enjoyable! Plus it gave me my beloved Red Star Fragments, lol
  • All the gaming sessions! I've participated in so many, starting with Switch Stars for the 2020 Fair. Then I ended up regularly joining the Smash sessions for Neighborly Games after a few months, then obviously TBTWC was its whole thing, then I got MK8D and Mario Party Superstars for Neighborly Games, and ended up participating in the Gaming Grove sessions for the 2022 Fair and the Gaming Station sessions for CBT 2023 as well! I always have fun being able to play games online with other people and being able to watch and comment with others when I'm unable to play!
  • Winning the Golden Egg for the 2022 egg hunt via tiebreaker! Obviously that was the first year under the new ruleset, but I never thought I'd be in the running for it! It's still surreal to think back on, lmao:
  • Getting the Enchanted Bloom for the 2022 Fair by being the fastest to submit the correct answer for Round 4 of the Mysteries of the Monolith! I got really lucky that the others who submitted ahead of me were incorrect, but hey, still impressive I was able to figure it out as quick as I did despite not realizing I wasn't solving the puzzle correctly for the first ~15 minutes, lol.
  • Winning the Golden Egg for the 2023 egg hunt via tying! Even though I believed I could win despite my hiatus and was gunning for the back-to-back win, I was honestly stunned to actually win. The way things unfolded made me think I didn't do well enough to actually get the Golden Egg prior to the announcement, but sometimes you just need to keep believing no matter what.
  • In addition to the Golden Eggs and the Enchanted Bloom, I've enjoyed seeing my entries get placements in community voting in several events over the years! Given the amount of creative and talented people on the forums, I'm always amazed when my entries are able to get that kind of recognition! The list is as follows:
    • Tied 3rd favorite for the Poliwags in Hiking Trip (CBT 2021)
    • Tied 3rd favorite in Opal's Opalescent Ornaments (Holiday Market (2021))
    • Top 8 favorite in Tiny Toy Jamboree (Season of Giving 2022) (also awarded the Special Snowflake as a result)
    • Tied 3rd favorite for the Cetaceans in Common Room Design (CBT 2023)
    • Tied 3rd favorite for the Cetaceans in Obscure Observations (CBT 2023)

- i saw someone mention team popsicle! i was still new during that time, but it was fun talking to people. (also i think peoynes 15k tbt giveaway was what created team popsicle, but i may be wrong T_T it was fun talking in that giveaway as well lol)
- camp tbt 2021, and tbtwc 2021 (fellow poliwag and bellflower here) were also great memories for me! i loved participating in those two events, also camp tbt 2021 was during a rough time in my life (went thru a really hard breakup) so im super grateful i had the camp events to get my mind off real life things atleast for a little while 💗 i wish i couldve participated in camp this year but real life things were very hectic, sadly
- when i won a special snowflake in a guess the gift raffle during (i think the first) jingle's jolly jamboree in 2015!
- also during jingle's jolly jamboree in 2015, justin gifted me a winter mitten lol
- when @S.J. gifted me a crescent moon egg!! i dont remember where i mentioned it, but i was really busy with real life things as usual so i wasnt able to participate in the egg hunt this year as much as i wanted to, but @S.J. was super kind to gift me a moon egg c: i will always cherish it!! <3

halloween reminiscence fun, who all remembers

Cri I've been on forfive restocks and I still haven't had one....

I just pee'd in a bottle so I didn't miss it and nada....

during the 2014 halloween period og rgby candy restocks

as a bonus, justin's response later on was absolute peak

Seriously for the love of Lord Tom Nook please don't pee into bottles

I think the best memories for me are the nostalgic ones. The days when if there were 8 members online at once, the forum was poppin'. The days before City Folk.

Back