• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Bell Tree Direct - 6.14.20 - Events, Giveaways, and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
tbtDirect20200614.png

Welcome to another edition of Bell Tree Direct. We have some big updates for the site to announce coming soon, but first there are a few events and other things we'd like to talk about today. You'll want to read all the way to the end for a teaser of what's to come, but tonight's Direct isn't lacking in exciting announcements either!

Official New Horizons Companion Guide Super Giveaway

We are holding multiple giveaways for the amazingly detailed New Horizons Official Companion Guide every week through June and July! Special thanks to Future Press for creating this game guide and providing us with copies to give away on The Bell Tree.

companionGuide250.png

These giveaways are all about promoting New Horizons discussion, not that any of you will need additional encouragement to do that! To enter, simply make at least one post in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons board during the week. One winner will be drawn from the week's posts. This will be repeated every week through June and July, so remember to be active each week, but you can only win once. At the end of each week we will announce the winner and send them a private message for their address. The books will be shipped directly by Future Press. Good luck!

Celebrating Diversity: An Animal Crossing Art Contest

This month, we're celebrating our diverse community by hosting a new Animal Crossing art contest. Please check out Celebrating Diversity: An Animal Crossing Art Contest. This contest's theme is all about celebrating diversity and promoting inclusivity, so do your best to express what that means to you through your Animal Crossing artwork.

acnhPlayers.png

The contest will award bells, trophy collectibles, and one bonus entry for week two of our game guide giveaway. See the thread linked above for more details!

New Profile Field

We have added a recently requested profile field for pronouns. This field will be useful for those who want to clarify the pronouns others use when referring to them on the forum. You can edit the field in your account details and it will appear in your profile. If you choose to leave this field blank it will not be displayed. While we are also keeping the original gender field in place, we will soon be replacing the "undisclosed" option with blanks so it works the same way as our other fields here.

Bunny Day Interior Design Event Results!
The long wait is over! It may have taken quite some time to conclude, but no, we didn't forget about the interior design event! All participants have now received 100 bells and our staff favorites have been selected! Staff favorites have received an additional 50 bells and an Easter Egg collectible. Let's take a look at our five winners:

bunnyDayInteriorDesignWinners.png

ancientmagnolia
bunnyday-jpg.237697

fallenchaoskitten
img_20200414_093708-jpg.238442

hammyc
3c525e66-1226-4b03-b7dc-bd6f722d3a0c-jpeg.238130

kalinn
evcasrpvaaau0bx-jpeg.237830

Skunk
bunny-day-5-jpg.238144

Good work and thanks to everyone who participated in this event!

Small Auction Rules Rewording and New Anchor BB Code

Our auction rules had another update. This time it was more for clarification and simplification. We hope this will make auctions more uniform across the site.

While you're checking out the rules though, you'll see our newly added BB Code in use. The new anchor and goto BB Code tags will allow you to link to specific sections of a post. You might find this to be especially useful for threads intended for things like guides, town journals, and shops. You can find the new tags under the insert category of the editor. Simply put the anchor word after the "anchor=" part of the tag and it will allow you to link directly to the anchor with the added #wordhere at the end or the thread's URL. Or use the goto tag to link directly to the anchor in the same thread.

Your Survey Bells

In addition to distributing the interior design event bells, we have also distributed the 25 bells promised in last month's survey. They should now show up in your transaction log. If you didn't receive them, please make a Contact the Staff thread. Some usernames may not have been inputted into the survey correctly.

Thanks to everyone who filled out the survey! We received over 1000 submissions before we took it down! You may still be wondering what actually came from the results. While we don't have anything to announce during tonight's Bell Tree Direct, we do have some changes coming soon that may address some of your suggestions.

Coming Soon on The Bell Tree

Thanks for reading our announcements! What's next for TBT? Here are some of the things we'll be announcing soon: new staff applications, more trading board reorganization, AC trading enhancements, Dodo Code queuing, new shop items and forum perks, and the long-awaited return of The Bell Tree Fair.

Last edited:
I'm so excited for the dodo queue!
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the update!

interesting, looking forward to the new shop items

BELL TREE FAIR! BELL TREE FAIR!
sorry im just excited! Its been years since i saw the last one! 😂

congrats to the delayed winners

also, is the guide one entry per drawing, regardless of the amount of posts one makes?

also also, yay, pronouns

also also also, I know you're probably sick of everyone *****ing about it, but *waves hands at new horizons wares (requests) threads constantly showing up in the marketplace*

also also also also, **** yeah, fair weather fair
Post automatically merged:

ps: could we get the pronoun field in the sidebar? thanks

Last edited:
This will be my first bell tree fair if it does go through, I'm quite excited!

Soo this is great and all, and I see you're returning the Bell Tree Fair.

But the important question is. Is there going to be no Easter Egg Hunt this year? Or perhaps it'll be included in the TBT Fair.

The return of the fair, I am SO excited to see what fun will happen this year!

Thanks for the update and all the other goodies! Looking forward to the Fair, guide giveaway, and the art entries.

ahhhh The TBT fair is just gonna suck me right back into this forum (guess I picked a good time to come back!)

also been waiting IMPATIENTLY for gamestop/amazon to stock the companion guide soo I'm putting all my faith into this giveaway!

I'm so hype, this'll be my and surely so many other people's first event! Do you earn the tickets for collectibles through minigames?

What's the diversity of the staff on TBT like? Just wondering. Not meaning to be abrasive.
That is a loaded question, given how many elements diversity can cover. We are a team of 13 people scattered across 6 countries and 4 continents - so naturally we don't all fit the same mould. I won't give any specific examples because we have some very private members of our team who would rather not be identified even through process of elimination.

ps: could we get the pronoun field in the sidebar? thanks
We will not be adding this field to the sidebar.

re: new auction rules.

Does this allow for buyouts? (ie. I set a buyout of 100TBT for Marshal in an auction, someone comes in and takes it before the end time)?
Is this okay, or for auctions should I only take bids?

Snipe guard - some auctions implement this to make it so that someone can't come in the last minute and snipe the win. Is this still allowed as it technically extends the auction indefinitely?

Thanks for answering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back