Balancing Male/Female Villagers?

Flare

Bells
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Anyone here like to balance the number of male/female villagers in your town?

I usually do that although I'm thinking whether to get Ketchup or Beau bc making Ketchup a "desirable" would make my male/female ratio 6:4 and Beau would make it 5:5

Honestly it doesn't matter in the game and it doesn't matter to me. Half the time I'm surprised when a villager announces their gender because I can't even tell.

Same, I don't really pay attention to that kind of thing.

Though generally I think I prefer male villagers, because the only personality type of theirs I don't like is Jock, while with female villagers, the peppy ones are a bit annoying, and the uchi ones are just cringy.

I would prefer to have an even ratio in Cryptade if it weren't for:
1.) I wanted at least one of each personality type (except peppy) and I had 2 lazy and 2 cranky villagers planned and i needed a jock and smug, all of which are male exclusive
2.) a lot of the males fitted my theme, it was a little hard to find females that fit

i cared more about having a one of each personality type but

i dont even care anymore cuz i cant stand jocks/dont care too much for snootys

I don't choose according to gender but in some towns, it's about even. I usually choose by personality. I like crankies and snooties the most. Then jocks, peppies and uchis. Smugs not so much (except Pietro, Julian and Shep) so I don't have one in every town. Just the ones in which I need them to suggest PWP's.

I have a good balance but it's not really on purpose. I just try to have one of each personality type. If it weren't for wanting a chance at all PWPs, I'd probably ditch the jock & snooty and replace them with normals cuz I love them<3

Last edited:
i always had whatever villagers i liked- if that was entirely one gender i couldn't tell

As long as I have at least one of each personality, I don't mind not having 5-5~
In Hangzhou I have exactly 5-5 though (the repeats being cranky and normal). In Sundance I have 6-4 currently, with two normals and two peppies. It's all good~

I never give it much thought. I just keep whichever ones come into my town that I like.

I'm still working on unlocking all the pwps so I need to have one of each personality. I think it's better that way anyway because too many of one personality gets super repetitive and boring. Then I just switch out the villager based on personality when I want to bring another favorite in to my town. It keeps it interesting for me!

I find it impossible to keep my town balanced. I do try to have at least a few male villagers but aesthetically the majority of them don?t appeal to me. Not only that but my favourite personality types are Normal & Peppy and I dislike Jocks. My main concern is trying to balance personality types rather than gender.

I don't really care as long as I have at least one of each personality. I've been at 6 males and 4 females for a long time and don't have any intention of changing it because I love them all.

Funny, I never really thought about that! I think I just want characters I like rather than trying to maintain any sort of ratio. I know I have 2 bears now and I wonder if that might bug some people, as I only have one of everything else? It's interesting to think about!

A long time ago, I kept an eye on the ratio since I thought it would be better to have 5 male
and 5 female villagers, but now I don't care about it anymore. I just pick the villagers I like.

I use to NEED to have 5 females and 5 males but now I just want rlly over rated villagers tht are cute and stuff

Back