• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Badges from Phineas: Tips and Tricks

DinosaurDumpster

You're watching Disney Channel
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Hello. I decided to make a badge guide in case any of you lovely people needed it, since the only guides I could find were just describing how much you needed. I found almost no tips or tricks on how to get them. Everything is written by me.

Good Fishing
Bronze: Use your fishing rod 500 times.
Silver: Use your fishing rod 2000 times.
Gold: Use your fishing rod 5000 times.
Good Bug Catching
Bronze: Use your bug net 500 times.
Silver: Use your bug net 2000 times.
Gold: Use your bug net 5000 times.
Pro Diver
Bronze: Dive 100 times.
Silver: Dive 200 times.
Gold: Dive 1000 times.

For these sets of badges, do not repeatedly swing your bug net, enter the ocean, or throw a fishing pole in the water without catching anything. Instead, actually catch fish, bugs, or deep sea creatures. That's it.

Fish Professor
Bronze: Catch 50% of all types of fish.
Silver: Catch 80% of all types of fish.
Gold: Catch all types of fish.
Insect Maniac
Bronze: Catch 50% of all types of bugs.
Silver: Catch 80% of bugs.
Gold: Catch all types of bugs.
Sea Creature Professor
Bronze: Catch 50% of all types of Sea Creatures.
Silver: Catch 80% of all types of Sea Creatures.
Gold: Catch all types of Sea Creatures.

These badges can quite obviously help you with the badge set listed above. What I did in an old town, is select one set of badges, Time Traveled month by month, starting with January, to get them all until my encyclopedia and museums were completed. This process is very tedious, as some creatures (such as tarantula/scorpions, coelacanth, and certain species of sea creatures) can be difficult to catch. For me, it took nearly one whole month to finish my fish encyclopedia.
Balloon Hunter
Bronze: Pop 300 balloons.
Silver: Pop 1500 balloons.
Gold: Pop 5000 balloons.

For these, ISLAND TOURS DO NOT COUNT. Instead, you have to wait until you unlock T&T Mart to get the slingshot. BUT, there is in fact a trick to popping balloons! I'm not sure if it counts or not, but, early on in the game, while a balloon present is coming down to the beach or coming up from the beach, wait until it is at just the right angle to swing your bug net or poke it with your shovel. In some cases, it doesn't absolutely need to be frame perfect. Every time the in-game clock hits xx:x4, a balloon will appear.

Badgeist
Bronze: Earn 300 badges from Island Tours.
Silver: Earn 1500 badges from Island Tours.
Gold: Earn 5000 badges from Island Tours.

I recommend playing with your friends, or going to Club Tortimer. Playing with other people gives you extra, while if you play by yourself it gives you the standard 8 badges if you get a gold tortimer reward.

Gardener
Bronze: Plant 100 items.
Silver: Plant 250 items.
Gold: Plant 500 items.

If you have Leif's gardening store unlocked, than buy as many flowers and trees as you can. You don't have to landscape them in a certain way, just plant tons of flowers and trees until you have it. This can even give you the Silver watering can (waters more plants at a time; 50 flower seeds bought from Leif) and Golden axe (unbreakable; 60 trees bought from Leif).

Weed Hunter
Bronze: Pull 500 weeds.
Silver: Pull 2000 weeds.
Gold: Pull 5000 weeds.

Turn Beautiful Town off if you want to use your own town for it. I highly recommend a brand new town, as this badge won't be a problem later. Time traveling is an amazing friend, since it spawns in so many weeds if you go little by little (don't go day by day, as that will be very tedious). You can even use a spare town that you don't mind destroying, or look around for weeding services.

Skilled Saver
Bronze: Put 1,000,000 bells in the ABD.
Silver: Put 10,000,000 bells in the ABD.
Gold: Put 100,000,000 bells in the ABD.

I recommend going to the island every night and catching sharks and rare insects (on palm trees). Go at least 3 times, and all of that money should be put directly into your ABD until you reach the maximum amound (999,999,999 Bells). Or, if you have around 100,000 bells in your ABD, you can earn .5% of interest of how much you have saved in your bank. You can also receive gifts! Another possible way is through the stalk market.

Stock Trader
Bronze: Make 500,000 bells from the stalk market.
Silver: Make 3,000,000 bells from the stalk market.
Gold: Make 10,000,000 bells from the stalk market.

Buy a ton of turnips on Sunday morning. Buy turnips wisely though, I recommend only spending at least half of your pocket money, so you have extra for buying things or paying off PWPs. DO NOT GO OVERBOARD ON TIME TRAVEL. IT WILL ROT YOUR TURNIPS IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL. Check for threads with people who have good prices for turnips at Re-Tail, or use secondary towns to check for turnip prices.

Skilled Shopper
Bronze: Spend 500,000 bells in shops.
Silver: Spend 2,000,000 bells in shops.
Gold: Spend 5,000,000 bells in shops.

Unlock all of the stores and buy everything. Every day. One thing that helps the most is unlocking Gracie's store and buying everything from there, or buying things like the Princess crown.

Remake
Bronze: Have Cyrus remake 30 things.
Silver: Have Cyrus remake 100 things.
Gold: Have Cyrus remake 150 things.

Select a random item that can be remade, and re-craft it over and over again.

Catalog Maniac
Bronze: Complete 20% of the Catalog.
Silver: Complete 50% of the Catalog.
Gold: Complete 80% of the Catalog.

Dig up Gyroids, buy stationary, buy absolutely everything you possibly can.

K.K. Slider
Bronze: See K.K. Slider live 20 times.
Silver: See K.K. Slider live 50 times.
Gold: See K.K. Slider live 100 times.

Every Saturday night, go to Club LOL and request a song for K.K. to play. I got my first badge by TTing to Saturday at 8pm and request a song over and over again.

Good Person
Bronze: Fulfill 50 Villager requests.
Silver: Fulfill 100 Villager requests.
Gold: Fulfill 200 Villager requests.

Complete all of each of your Villager's requests each day. To make the process to go faster, Time Travel day by day.

Letter Enthusiast
Bronze: Send 50 letters.
Silver: Send 100 letters.
Gold: Send 200 letters.

Don't send blank letters to your villagers. Send them with at least 3 lines full. I recommend 10 letters a day so it's not a hassle to get 200 letters in one day.

Streetpasser
Bronze: Streetpass 100 times.
Silver: Streetpass 300 times.
Gold: Streetpass 1000 times.

Take your 3DS to big cities, huge conventions such as PAX, Comic Con, or Anime Expo, or even going on a road trip. This is very hard for me get personally, since I don't go outside.

Good Host
Bronze: Be visited by others 50 times.
Silver: Be visited by others 200 times.
Gold: Be visited by others 500 times.

Traveler
Bronze: Travel to a different town 100 times.
Silver: Travel to a different town 250 times.
Gold: Travel to a different town 500 times.

I recommend sitting down with a friend who has a copy and travelling back and forth to each others towns. It makes the whole process so much easier, and you both get the sets of badges!

Dreamer
Bronze: Travel to a dream town 50 times.
Silver: Travel to a dream town 200 times.
Gold: Travel to a dream town 500 times.

Have Luna select a random town for you. Once you enter, immediately leave so you can get the others in.

Villager
Bronze: Play for 50 hours.
Silver: Play for 200 hours.
Gold: Play for 500 hours.

If you play every day for three weeks for 12 hours, you should get this badge.
Or you can play a whole ton.

That's all I have for tips. I really wanted to do this since there wasn't much I could find on things that could help you get a full set of badges. Hope you have a great day :)

OH MY LORD. You are a living Goddess. I needed something like this so dang much you have no idea! I am going to save this thread for life.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Last edited:
I suppose.

But 5000 balloons, and Streetpass 1,000 times is a little much.

You don't need to pop 5,000 balloons.

The numbers are 30, 100 and 200 balloons. I've completed that badge by keeping track of balloons popped for more than 3 players.
Silver balloons only count as 1 balloon. Easter event balloons don't count toward the badge.

Back