• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Australian Theme Villager Ideas

Celeste13

Bells
I have recently got Yuka the koala as a random move-in, and I enjoy having her in town. When Kitt arrived in my campground, I decided to invite her to join. I think I might try to get an Australian theme to my town, at the very least Villagers that are either native Australian species or introduced species extremely common there.

Are there any Villagers other than the koalas and kangaroos that feel like native species?

You could maybe scan some dogs/wolves, pretend they're like dingos. Maybe some birds too for variety.

Last edited:
Chief is kind of dingo-like in appearance. Koalas and Kangaroos are obviously a good idea, and I'd second the Alligator idea. Maybe some Ostriches?

Also, Sylvana has a unique look reminiscent of a ferret, so that could be interesting too.

There's one species of penguin native to Australia(called the little penguin)that is blue in color and Roald is blue(so is Flo) so you could use him.There are also a lot of native birds including parrots in Australia and Frank the eagle is colored like a parrot.You could also use some of the frog or mouse villagers because those species seem to be on every continent.

Last edited:
Ostriches make sense to me - I like everyone else's ideas so far! I'd also recommend Anabelle, as she's a Pangolin. Pangolins don't actually live in Australia, but she reminds me of an echidna, which definitely does. Drago could pass as a frilled lizard.

Come to think of it, you could try to get Molly or a similar ducky villager and pretend it's a platypus. x3

Avery could possibly pass as a Wedge Tailed Eagle (holy cow those things are scary on the road!). Phil also resembles a cassowary (...yeah don't mess with those either).

Wart Jr. could be a cane toad, but I wouldn't blame you for passing on that lol.

Theoretically you could use any of the birds, since AUS has so much variety of them in all shades of colour.

Whitney is a wolf, reminds me of a dingo

Thank you for all your ideas! I already have two frogs in my town (Lily and Henry), so I think I will keep them. I also have Flo the penguin (the one Nunnafinga mentioned). So I think I will start by seeking out Cole the Rabbit, as he is one of my Dreamies. Rabbits are a common introduced species so he would fit in. I will update this thread occasionally to let you know how it is going.

chief looks like a dingo, and sandy could maybe pass as an emu! boots looks like a crocodile, antonio kinda looks like an echidna, and you should definitely have a rabbit - there are sooooo many rabbits in the outback ahah!

Sprinkle is another blue penguin, a very pretty pale blue. (in fact quite a few of them are blue). Yes you will have to have at least one rabbit!

I love Australian slang (Bonza day, fair dinkum etc, albeit I'm stuck in the 1950's 'A town like Alice' fare) - you can google Australian slang - and get several sites with lots of ideas for greetings/catchphrases.

Sydney and Canberra are a must, then I guess lots of kangaroos. There are probably also some bird villagers that belong to a species that can be found in australia but you'd have to research that a bit.

Jacques reminds me of a magpie so you could go with him

Back