• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Selling Audie for offers! Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't my intention, but I don't think there was anything incorrect in what I said either. TC chose the better offer because it was, in fact the better offer. Why should anyone feel bad about that? All the positive words and phrases in the world cant change the fact that even though there was a perfectly good offer given from the group it was turned down in favour of more money. Am I wrong?

Regardless of whether you’re “right” or “wrong”, it’s upsetting people in an otherwise wholesome thread. Please just stop. I don’t want this to escalate into something negative.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for sticking up for me, it really means a lot and please let me know if you guys work together on another Audie because I'd really like to help when I don't have to work as a seller<3

first of all, let me say that i'm extremely touched by what has happened in this server. it's really not often that you get to see a group of people gather together for another in times like these :) truly inspiring words have been said here today!

secondly, i have audie in my town and i would be HONORED to donate her to @thoraofasgard's town on the condition that i visit her every now and then just to say hi! to be honest, she wasn't my favorite villager at first, but i've grown a little attached to her and seeing your reasoning for wanting her so bad just warms my heart honestly so much ... please feel free to DM me when you have the chance!

As said earlier, It wasn't my intention to insult or put anyone down, I was simply pointing out that picking your group would be fair and that the offer was more than sufficient. You said it was uncalled for and you're right, I apologize, but you didn't say it was incorrect.
If Im selling a patch of land with a value of 100$ and a childrens hospital offers me 120$ for it, theres nothing wrong with me selling it to someone else for 140$. But then I cant say I was rooting for the hospital and that I was just trying to be fair because the offer of 120$ was more than good, I just wanted the extra 20.
Sorry again, didnt want to come off as insensitive, just wanted to point out the basic logic of what I was saying.

Last edited:
As said earlier, It wasn't my intention to insult or put anyone down, I was simply pointing out that picking your group would be fair and that the offer was more than sufficient. You said it was uncalled for and you're right, I apologize, but you didn't say it was incorrect.
If Im selling a patch of land with a value of 100$ and a childrens hospital offers me 120$ for it, theres nothing wrong with me selling it to someone else for 140$. But then I cant say I was rooting for the hospital and that I was just trying to be fair because the offer of 120$ was more than good, I just wanted the extra 20.

Context is different. Morality is different. End of story.
Please close the thread, this is getting extremely unnecessary and just rude.

You could have closed the auction the second they came up with that offer because it was more than fair and honestly more than what audie usually goes for, but you waited for a counter anyways. I would have done the same thing no doubt, but I wouldn't then say "I was hoping for you to win" or something along those lines because it wasnt a lowball offer.
Anyways this was an entertaining thread and congrats TC on getting a great deal :)

honestly this is a fair and totally justified response tbh

no hate to op

but idk why this is getting hated on so much

it's not just being offensive to piss op off

its a fair and justified response.

first of all, let me say that i'm extremely touched by what has happened in this server. it's really not often that you get to see a group of people gather together for another in times like these :) truly inspiring words have been said here today!

secondly, i have audie in my town and i would be HONORED to donate her to @thoraofasgard's town on the condition that i visit her every now and then just to say hi! to be honest, she wasn't my favorite villager at first, but i've grown a little attached to her and seeing your reasoning for wanting her so bad just warms my heart honestly so much ... please feel free to DM me when you have the chance!

Ahh that’s so sweet of you! I’m so happy for thoraofasgard ;w;

Logic is logic. Like I said, im not trying to be rude, just a very clear observation.
Also I have an Audie as well, I absolutely adore her but my friend doesnt care much for hers so Id be happy to PM you once hers is good to move out.

In all of your speculation about the OP's interests and personal morality, and the market value of this video game character, did you remember to look at all the timestamps of the posts too? Or did you forget? This all happened under one hour and every post was only 1-2 minutes apart.

Have you ever had a thread blow up with posts that are every two or so minutes, each one either a new offer, all with unconventional bidding material before? I'm sure you haven't. Please be a little practical here. OP isn't a corporation or a figure claiming to be charitable, and this isn't a courtroom or a callout post. There's a time and place for debating ethics, but this isn't the place, nor is it the time.

You apologized, but you don't seem to have acknowledged what was so inappropriate about your commentary. Please do so and stop beating the dead horse.

That's so lovely of you!! Of course, you'd be more than welcome to visit my (very humble) little island as often as you want! haha

Heya guys!! Something good and sweet happened!! rnochi is gonna help thoraofasgard get Audie!!! Let’s worry about the positives than the technicalities!!! That sounds absolutely wonderful!!! I totally want to throw a welcoming party when she gets to move in!!!

this is so sweet and heartwarming!!!!! thank you rnochi, i love that!!! I'm glad thoraofasgard could find one!!!!

Heya guys!! Something good and sweet happened!! rnochi is gonna help thoraofasgard get Audie!!! Let’s worry about the positives than the technicalities!!! That sounds absolutely wonderful!!! I totally want to throw a welcoming party when she gets to move in!!!

I second this! I would like to give some flowers to Audie as well, as a commemoration to her grandma <3

ahh yes same that would be so cute!!!! I'm working on getting some more outside-y furniture decor, so if there's anything you think would look cute outside her house, thoraofasgard, or any sort of flowers you'd like, I can try to obtain or breed them for said welcome party lol!!!!

I’ll bring party poppers! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back