Audie decided to camp in my town!

Mello

Bells
Switch
7223-7682-8611
So, I was strolling through town and noticed that I had a camper set up. Tbh I never really check because my town's usually full, and if I see one of my favorites it'll destroy me to know I can't have them. But! Today was different! Today, I actually had a free spot, so I decided why not check and see who's camping? I stepped into the tent, and bam, it was Audie. Audie! I was so hyped until I noticed that she wanted to play a game with my; my heart sank, my excitement faded, and I knew this wasn't looking great. Anyway... of course, I totally failed her game and she wants nothing to do with me now. I should have... never checked my tent... why did I do this to myself. I just powered my switch off after that. I'm going to need time to recover.

So, anyone else suffer the same cruel fate with a camper they loved..?

Last edited:
Omg I never realized if you lost a game they wouldn't move in. I am so sorry to hear :c currently my plots are all full and I am desperately trying to get 5 of my villagers out so I don't think I can bear to check my campsite if someone were to be there.

Yep it's annoying! same thing happened to me. I hate the mini games I wish we could just recruit without it.

Is it possible to go back before you played the game with her since you powered off your Switch, or did it autosave?
Very sorry to hear that though, I thought you could just move them in. I had no idea you had to play a game with them. :(

I don't think I can go back to before I tried talking to her cuz my game autosaved right after I failed to guess her cards correctly (her minigame) ;;

Yep it's annoying! same thing happened to me. I hate the mini games I wish we could just recruit without it.

I 100% feel this, sorry

Last edited:
Well as far as I know I've only tried to recruit peppy/normal villagers and they like to play the card game where you guess what color or shape is on the card its the same just like in new leaf.

Last edited:
bro that sucks i’m sorry,, if that happened to me i would literally cry

Keep talking to her and she’ll let you try again, don’t give up!! It’s not over. I had this with one of my visitors and a card game, after talking for a little bit you can try again!

That. Is. Cruel;;; I would feel so frustrated; Dun think I’m gonna touch that camp tent, unless it’s an amiibo;

Keep talking to her and she’ll let you try again, don’t give up!! It’s not over. I had this with one of my visitors and a card game, after talking for a little bit you can try again!
WOW you just saved me. i literally just turned my switch back on and tried again and she asked to move in. that's so strange cuz i tried talking to her like 20 times before and she didn't ask me, i think waiting like an hour helped lol. either way, ty so much for this

Last edited:
That'd be really stupid game-design if they'd only let you try once to recruit the villager in a luck-based game. Glad to hear it worked out!

I spoke way too soon. She asked to move in again, played another card game with me which I failed (I'm an awful guesser) and she denied moving to my town again, lol. However, the good news is, I guess I can try again up until midnight I guess? Well, I'll get to test my luck a bit more at least

e8c00ce963.png

10869225da.png

b4a01e100e.png

77931e003b.png

Y'know what. I don't even think I like her that much now after all. Forget you Audie. Forget you and your games that play with people's hearts. Giving us false hope only to tear us down. I'm done playing your twisted game. You can stay in that tent, since you seem to enjoy it so much anyway.

Last edited:
I spoke way too soon. She asked to move in again, played another card game with me which I failed (I'm an awful guesser) and she denied moving to my town again, lol. However, the good news is, I guess I can try again up until midnight I guess? Well, I'll get to test my luck a bit more at least

e8c00ce963.png

10869225da.png

b4a01e100e.png

Y'know what. I don't even think I like her that much now after all. Forget you Audie. Forget you and your games that play with people's hearts. Giving us false hope only to tear us down. I'm done playing your twisted game. You can stay in that tent, since you seem to enjoy it so much anyway.

That sucks! D:< keep trying!!

I know that. in New Leaf you could attempt to play the game several times.

i had kyle in my campsite and had the same problem but kept trying until i won! except my island was full and i thought i could pick out who was kicked out but no... he wanted to kick out joey T_T so i had to let kyle go :/

i had kyle in my campsite and had the same problem but kept trying until i won! except my island was full and i thought i could pick out who was kicked out but no... he wanted to kick out joey T_T so i had to let kyle go :/
that's actually... tragic. ouch, sorry that happened. i feel your pain

Last edited:
Back