• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

AMA Ask ZeldaCrossing64 Anything!

I don't watch anime nor do I have any incentive to, so I've never seen/heard of Legend of Black Heaven!

I do! My favorite is the 3rd book, A Tale of Two Kitties. I won't spoil it, but it's a really solid and heartwarming addition to the Dog Man series.
Ok so let me put in this way for perhaps some incentive to get you into anime.

So some of the bands i posted on here like coldrain for example, they've done music for various anime related series and some of it can be pretty metal af too like for example rainbow its another slept on gem like legend of black heaven.

And the music for black heaven its perfect its almost like metalica fitting for the plot of the story too since metal is used to save the day in the plot.

Ok so let me put in this way for perhaps some incentive to get you into anime.

So some of the bands i posted on here like coldrain for example, they've done music for various anime related series and some of it can be pretty metal af too like for example rainbow its another slept on gem like legend of black heaven.

And the music for black heaven its perfect its almost like metalica fitting for the plot of the story too since metal is used to save the day in the plot.

Ohh, okay! Yeah, I had no idea that it had any metal in it, but now I see why you mentioned it. I'm listening to the song you linked, and it's pretty good. I could definitely see myself getting into the series because, well, metal.

Ohh, okay! Yeah, I had no idea that it had any metal in it, but now I see why you mentioned it. I'm listening to the song you linked, and it's pretty good. I could definitely see myself getting into the series because, well, metal.
Yeah lol some series i got into simply cause of a band or story plot device is like metal for instance NANA its a shojo meaning its really for girls but lot of guys like it to because of the character's outfits and also music too.

Since you are a Slipknot enthusiast, I have to ask: Do you also like Stone Sour and Corey Taylor's solo material? I personally like Stone Sour's self-titled debut from 2002. As for the solo stuff, I am not too familiar with it other than two songs (one was alright, but the other kind of sucked, ha ha).

Since you are a Slipknot enthusiast, I have to ask: Do you also like Stone Sour and Corey Taylor's solo material? I personally like Stone Sour's self-titled debut from 2002. As for the solo stuff, I am not too familiar with it other than two songs (one was alright, but the other kind of sucked, ha ha).
I actually haven't listened to any Stone Sour songs, or any of Corey Taylor's solo stuff! My dad is also a fan of Slipknot, so I've probably heard some songs from Stone Sour/Corey Taylor without recognizing it.

Thanks for the question, now I've got another artist to listen to. (And what are those two Corey Taylor songs you mentioned? I might know one of them.)

Stone Sour was Corey's first band before he joined Slipknot. The music tends to be a lot more melodic (and softer), but it does have its aggressive moments as well.

The two songs I've heard from his solo material are "Black Eyes Blue" and "Samantha's Gone"!

Stone Sour was Corey's first band before he joined Slipknot. The music tends to be a lot more melodic (and softer), but it does have its aggressive moments as well.

The two songs I've heard from his solo material are "Black Eyes Blue" and "Samantha's Gone"!

Oh, nice! And I was under the impression that Stone Sour was Taylor's side band after Slipknot, haha.

I'm actually listening to Stone Sour's self-titled album, and it's pretty solid! Get Inside is a particularly good song. And I'll definitely check out those songs you linked after I finish the album.

I've heard the news, but I don't know the specifics yet. Even though I would prefer their old drummer, I understand that the band's lineup is changing and accept the fact with open arms. Unless the drummer sucks, lol.
He used to be from selputura and there's been something of an inside joke within slipknot fans to come to brazil as part of the overlapping you're going to brazil meme and it was all over Brazillian media and not just metal outlets that he's the newest drummer and i can imagine the kind of wildfire it lit up with not only the maggots but also Brazililan metalheads in general since that metal scene there has to be one of the strongest most loyal ones there is and i can imagine the next slipknot concert there in rio de janiro is going to be one of the most insane ones they've done even more than maybe ozzfest.

He used to be from selputura and there's been something of an inside joke within slipknot fans to come to brazil as part of the overlapping you're going to brazil meme and it was all over Brazillian media and not just metal outlets that he's the newest drummer and i can imagine the kind of wildfire it lit up with not only the maggots but also Brazililan metalheads in general since that metal scene there has to be one of the strongest most loyal ones there is and i can imagine the next slipknot concert there in rio de janiro is going to be one of the most insane ones they've done even more than maybe ozzfest.
That's definitely interesting. I've only heard one Selputura song before (I believe it was Roots Bloody Roots), but I might relisten to it to get a feel of how the drummer sounds. Regardless, I hope Slipknot continues making music!

(Also, just realized that I said "I prefer the old drummer"... I was aware that one of the Slipknot members passed away, but I didn't know who until now. I was probably thinking of Paul Gray since the song "Skeptic" is about him, which I read about some time ago. Yeah, RIP Joey Jordison.)

That's definitely interesting. I've only heard one Selputura song before (I believe it was Roots Bloody Roots), but I might relisten to it to get a feel of how the drummer sounds. Regardless, I hope Slipknot continues making music!

(Also, just realized that I said "I prefer the old drummer"... I was aware that one of the Slipknot members passed away, but I didn't know who until now. I was probably thinking of Paul Gray since the song "Skeptic" is about him, which I read about some time ago. Yeah, RIP Joey Jordison.)
Korn even did a cover of it too at somepoint and nah elroy wasnt on roots bloody roots he is on this song tho.

Korn even did a cover of it too at somepoint and nah elroy wasnt on roots bloody roots he is on this song tho.

Ah, my bad. I'm pretty bad with basic band information and trivia. XP And nice, I'll definitely give it a listen! (I've listened to all of Korn's studio albums, so I'm not sure how I missed that cover...)

And if you wanna continue this conversation, you can leave a message on my profile or PM me - I wouldn't want to clog up my thread, haha.

Ok so back to question time.

Which lesser known metal band should get more love?
Most metal artists I listen to are pretty mainstream, but one underrated band I can think of is Steel Panther. Their whole shtick is parodying 80's glam metal bands with their music and fashion styles and their obscene lyrics, but their songs are actually super good. Despite that, they're not really well-known or popular, and I don't see anyone talking about Steel Panther.

Most metal artists I listen to are pretty mainstream, but one underrated band I can think of is Steel Panther. Their whole shtick is parodying glam metal bands from the 80's with their music and fashion styles and their obscene lyrics, but their songs are actually super good. Despite that, they're not really well-known or popular, and I don't see anyone talking about Steel Panther.
Steel Panther i've heard of and i've seen some of their vids posted on other forums here and there and usually for me when it comes to sharing obscure music i've made it a habit to subscribe to channels like say hazsub that focuses on mainly really lesser known nu metal as
in really deep in the iceberg rabbit hole type of stuff and its a huge gem of a channel imo.

And yeah also nanowar too i loved norwegian reggaeton what an interesting way to get into black metal imo lol.

Here's the channel link too as well.

1. Any thoughts on Um Jammer Lammy?
  2. Any thoughts on hip-hop? I know a lot of people my age like to listen to that kind of music.
  3. And speaking of hip-hop, any thoughts on PaRappa the Rapper?

1. Any thoughts on Um Jammer Lammy?
  2. Any thoughts on hip-hop? I know a lot of people my age like to listen to that kind of music.
  3. And speaking of hip-hop, any thoughts on PaRappa the Rapper?
1) I haven't played Um Jammer Lammy, but I watched a playthrough of it before - The game looks interesting and it was entertaining.

2) I'm kind of stickler with my music tastes (only listening to a few select genres), but hip-hop isn't something I particularly enjoy.

3) I never thought of PaRappa the Rapper as hip-hop, but I suppose it makes sense. I've also watched a playthrough of one of the games, and while I can't remember specific names, but I recall liking the music.

OK I have more.
  1. I got bored and I was looking through your old threads and found this. How have your cooking skills improved between the creation of that thread and now?
  2. Have you read any of the Wimpy Kid books? If not you should give Diper Overlöde a shot. I think it's just...perfect for you, and you'll see why once you read it.
  3. Have you also read any books in the Captain Underpants series, which predates Dog Man? What about the other books with Kid Cat and the comic club?
  4. How did you get into Animal Crossing?
  5. What got you hooked on heavy metal?
  6. Do you think Char...likes me back?? (//ω//)👉👈
Please let me know if any questions here have already been answered. I double checked but I want to know just in case.

Back