• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA Ask Yanrima anything 2.0

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I decided to redo the ask thread here because I thought it would be fun to answer asks again.

Without further ado, feel free to drop asks in this thread! 😊

Hi again. Since I'm in a mood for answering asks, the ask box is now open! ✉️

When did you first get into Animal Crossing?

When did you first get into Animal Crossing?
Good question!

I got into Animal Crossing around 2013-2015, back when Animal Crossing: New Leaf is still new.

I was looking for other good 3ds games until I stumble on to Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The art and the concept peaked my curiosity so I bought the game and I got hooked into the game.

And that's how I found my 2nd favorite game series which is Animal Crossing.

What's your favourite game series?

Also, what got you into art?
My favorite game series is definitely Kirby and Splatoon. Two cute-looking game series with surprisingly deep lore when you look into it more.

And what got me into art is that I used to read old fairy tale books years ago and I got amazed by the illustrations in the book.

I also used to watch cartoons especially the 50's, 60's, 90's, and the early 2000's cartoons aired on TV back then. I used to catch the original Looney tunes shorts aired on Boomerang. I also watch mostly on Cartoon Network back in the early 2000's. I also watched some cartoons on Nickelodeon (especially SpongeBob) so there's that.

Then I started drawing and painting for years. I used to do traditional art especially acrylic painting or watercolor. I used to draw with pencils and color with colored pencils too.

My first exposure to digital art in general is when I used to draw on Windows XP or vista using a mouse and MS Paint.

Hope it answers your question! 😊

Last edited:
What else are you a fan of outside of games?
Let's see... there's not much else outside games that I'm interested in nowadays.

But one thing is certain: I'm always a big fan of vintage cartoons especially the classic Looney Tunes shorts and Hanna Barbera cartoons. I also watched Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd n' Eddy, and Samurai Jack. So basically I'm a fan of the old cartoons in general. It's one of those things that drive me to draw besides the illustrations seen in old fairy tale books.

I like the character designs and the style of the old cartoons compared to the current ones. They're simply iconic.

What’s your favorite food and drink?
I do have lots of favorite foods, but the foods I usually like are mostly foods that were crunchy or thin, so if I were to pick one, it'll be french fries, pork tonkatsu, or crepes.

As for my favorite drink, it'll have to be root beer! 😀

What is your favorite Kirby game?
Also, favorite Kirby & Splatoon characters?
(These are two of my special interests, haha.)

What is your favorite Kirby game?
Also, favorite Kirby & Splatoon characters?
(These are two of my special interests, haha.)
My favorite Kirby game is Kirby's Return to Dreamland. My favorite Kirby character in general is definitely Magolor.

As for favorite Splatoon characters, definitely the original Agent 3, Pearl, and Big Man!

Last edited:
Have you ever tried animation?
I did once in Flipnote on the DSi XL. It's basically super choppy and I drew it when I was younger. It was like an "animation" of Mario level especially world 1-1 or something, but the one going through world 1-1 is a penguin instead. 😂

I'm not really that good in animation especially meticulously drawing frames so I basically stick to just illustrating and making still pictures instead.

Back