• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask Oblivia

Why do you continue posting on this thread?

Have you ever played Earthbound? :eek:

No, but I have it on emu and plan to someday when I have time!

what's you favorite kind of cheese? :3

I had this amazing cheese years ago called sharp pinconning that was SO delicious it wasn't even funny. Generally speaking, I like sharper/more bitter cheeses, but I also love swiss, smoked gouda, asiago... I like all cheeses except for gorgonzola, really.

Have you watched highschool musical ever?

If you have what's your favorite song?

I've never seen it. I'm a little older than the people who typically got into that series (is it a series?) so never watched any of it.

do you like butterflies?

I do, definitely! I like insects in general and find butterflies to be really beautiful and peaceful to watch.

What is Jeremy's DA?

No idea.

What's your favourite Disney Pixar film?

I guess I don't really have one! I don't really watch or like Disney movies and haven't since The Lion King (sorry Justin!)

Why do you continue posting on this thread?

Is there a reason I shouldn't? I personally think it's a good thing to have an avenue for the staff and members to communicate and for the users to have a way to get to know us better as people. Sometimes people are intimidated to talk to us or reach out to us and threads like these can help to break the barriers and make people more comfortable, which is great for everyone in my opinion.

Do you play Splatoon? If you do what's your name in it.

DO YOU WATCH ANNNIIIEMMMMME

have you heard of heroes of the Storm ( I mean no one else has... )

What'd you eat for breakfast?

I somehow missed this question! I eat the same thing every day for breakfast due to some weird dietary issues that have always plagued me. A large bowl of Post Raisin Bran and a big glass of Bolthouse Blue Goodness or Multi-V Goodness.

Are the Orange and Purple candies going to come back?

wut R th0s

Do you play Splatoon? If you do what's your name in it.

DO YOU WATCH ANNNIIIEMMMMME

have you heard of heroes of the Storm ( I mean no one else has... )

Haha, I don't even own a Wii U or a Switch, so no (though it looks like a ton of fun!)

No anime for me.

I have! I downloaded it ages ago at the urging of Justin and Jas0n but still have never played. Probably needs like 84659364 gigs of updates before I can even open it. -_-

If it's not too personal for you.... what is your dietary constraints related to?

I study the genetics of a lot of conditions like that so I'm curious

Oblivia, what do you do to relieve stress?

If I'm feeling really frazzled, I'll usually do a 2 mile power jog or a few sets of kettlebell swings and then soak in a hot bath for 20 or so minutes. Treating myself to a professional massage is always nice, too. :blush:

If it's not too personal for you.... what is your dietary constraints related to?

I study the genetics of a lot of conditions like that so I'm curious

Nope, I don't mind! I had some unpleasant digestive issues starting at age 8 that led to a whole host of tests and an eventual diagnosis of gall stones and severe IBS. I had an open cholecystectomy and exploratory intestinal surgery the next year, and we were told the IBS may have been the result of a blocked bile duct, but... My symptoms never got better. To seriously TMI it, I always had to be within sprinting distance of a bathroom and I'd get sick literally anytime I ate anything. Got another host of tests that could find nothing wrong outside of the IBS, so lived this way for 10 or so years until I took matters into my own hands and started researching the hell out of these things and learned by literal trial and error what I could and couldn't eat and what foods seemed to "stabilize" everything. I found a new and amazing gastroenterologist a few years ago who agreed to test me for all the newer conditions that weren't well-known back in the Stone Age, but I came back with a clean bill of health yet again.

I'm essentially symptom-free now, and I have to steer clear of food coloring of any kind, eggs, mushrooms, refined sugars... basically a whole laundry list that can upset the balance. I eat only two meals every day and I have to start off with a meal high in insoluble fiber (kinda limited options here so I typically go with Raisin Bran), then eat again 4-5 hours later. The second meal doesn't have to be anything special. Oh, and I have to eat at the same time(s) every day or my body is like "lolno" and punishes me for 12 or so hours.

Tl;dr My dietary restrictions are related to IBS that I've had for something like 20 years, even after having my gallbladder removed. I've never been diagnosed with food allergies or anything similar; my body just refuses to tolerate certain foods so I've had to learn what it likes and what it doesn't.

Do horror movies keep you up at night?
Quite the opposite; I've adored horror movies since childhood, after watching Poultergeist and a couple Stephen King adaptations. These days I prefer more cerebral/psychological horror to anything supernatural, but I'm always down to watch anything.
What’s the story behind your location being set to Justin’s a bully?
I think you're the first person to bring this up! I set my location close to 6 years ago, about two weeks after joining the staff. @Justin, hilarious guy that he is, went into stealth mode and changed my location without my knowledge. After I noticed I changed it to "Justin's a bully" to make sure EVERYONE KNOWS, and it's been that way ever since. 😂

What was the inspiration behind your tbt name?

What us your favourite flower or plant?
You know, I sat there for at least an hour when signing up on TBT because I just could not come up with a username. I wanted something different than what I used in other gaming communities - just to prevent possible overlap as I was a mod on another site at the time I joined - and finally decided on my current username. Oblivia is the region in which Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs takes place and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is probably my all-time favorite game, so I figured it was good enough!

Flowers and plants... yes. I love sunflowers and clematis, and I've always been intrigued by creeping thyme. Part of me wants to replace my front yard with a huge blanket of it, but not sure how the HOA would react to that. I also cared for venus flytraps as a kid so still have a slight affinity for those. 🌻

Back